Item Appearance Qu

Domi

Uhm... which tools are needed and how to do a shield (any item) which looks differently than the default:

a ) when equipped

b ) as an inventory icon

c ) ID in the description.

I am guessing it is BAM workshop for the items b and c. But how to change the look of the equipped item?

Using IEEP you can change the paperdoll/screen appearance with a panel on the main window, if that's what you mean - though I wouldn't recommend making it a non - shield. :(

If you mean the BAM displayed in the bar at the bottom of the screen (with spells and skills etc) then each extension header has a BAM slot, so shove your new one in there.

Is either of these what you mean? :)

I think I still remeber the changing BAM's procedure, but changing the item on the paperdoll is something new. Can you elaborate a bit? Say I want to simply recolour the shield - what would I do? If I want to put a new pattern on it? What file do I need to hack in and edit to have the new paperdoll item?

Oh, if you want to change the colours displayed on the paperdoll you'll need to add some equipping effects to the item - I think the opcode is called Set Item Colour in the .DAT files, but don't recall the opcode number. :(

Lots of items do it - look at Elven Chain or something for an example of the use, it's how it gets the green colour. Or the Jester's Chain. :)

I don't think you can change the actual shape/patterning on the item, though.

Archived