4 replies to this topic

#1 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

Hi everyone.

After a lot of pain, today I have obtain BG2EE v2.3, and I want to finish my walktrough (and guide) on the highest possible difficulty that I found. My previous version was 1.3.2 or something like that. So I have a lot of questions:

• I need to transfer the save-game files, how I can do that?
  • I need to install SCS on the new version, I have briefly read release notes, so there is a hell bucket of changes, SCS is ok with all of that? Can install SCS on a new version without much of problems? Sorry for the questions duplicating.
  • I have installed modification to the previous version: Unfinished Business, Almateria's Restoration Project, Tactics for BG2EE - version alpha v66 (the many of stuff was not installed because of interfering with the SCS.). This stuff was fun and enjoyable, can I install those modes onto the new version?
  • I have my own GUI modification (Contagion GUI) installed, which I found very cool. Was modified CHU files, and BAM files, and background images of inventory, etc, (MOS files), how I can make the same changes on the new version?
Well, Asteria's Restoration and Unfinished B. I have mostly walktroughed in the previous version, so if they cannot be installed on the newer, not a so big problem, but still...
Tactics - well I do not know, if this new "LEgacy of Bhaal" difficulty and SCS will be enough...
Also I have found this "hotfixes" and SCS with hotfixes - (EDIT: forget hotfixes, use the BWFixPack), there also mod - "Spell Revisions compatibility". I have never used this Spell Revision, and I have a lot of questions about... I do not need a mods, that drastically changing the game, there is a lot of classes, NPC, and stuff that enough to myself without any of modes.

Thanx for the answers, sorry for my English knowledge, and perhaps I will have a much more questions :).

Edited by frostysh, 30 January 2017 - 02:48 AM.

"The monstrous evils of the twentieth century have shown us that the greediest money grubbers are gentle doves compared with money-hating wolves like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler, who in less than three decades killed or maimed nearly a hundred million men, women, and children and brought untold suffering to a large portion of mankind."
- Eric Hoffer

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
- Albert Einstein

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg

#2 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 1938 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:05 AM

Your saves probably aren't going to transfer over if the old game was modded. I mean they might transfer over but there will probably be all sorts of bugs and garbled text strings.

Changing your mod setup in the middle of a game is a risk; updating the game itself and changing your mod setup is basically a guarantee that your old saves won't work.

The only possible thing you can try is, if you have a copy of your old weidu.log so that you can see exactly which mods and which components from those mods you originally had installed, and install those exact mods/components in the exact same order.

But even then I doubt it will work. Most likely your best bet is to start a new game and enjoy playing. ;)

Edited by subtledoctor, 30 January 2017 - 07:06 AM.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#3 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

Your saves probably aren't going to transfer over if the old game was modded. I mean they might transfer over but there will probably be all sorts of bugs and garbled text strings. . . Changing your mod setup in the middle of a game is a risk; updating the game itself and changing your mod setup is basically a guarantee that your old saves won't work. . . . .But even then I doubt it will work. Most likely your best bet is to start a new game and enjoy playing. ;)

This is superior injustice :( *crying* . My previous savegames on the stage of escape from the underwater city... The almost all subplots, and stuff is completed. :(

The only possible thing you can try is, if you have a copy of your old weidu.log so that you can see exactly which mods and which components from those mods you originally had installed, and install those exact mods/components in the exact same order.

This is the list of modifications, that have been installed on the my previous version, for an exception of my GUI mod, which have a zero influence on the game-progress, savegames, etc. That was only a cosmetic graphic mod for the user interface. But of I will try to make, a similar interface for the new version - that was a super cool GUI, much more better than default stuff, at least for me.

SCS
Spoiler

Tactics
Spoiler

Asteria's Restoration Project
Spoiler

Unfinished Business
Spoiler

As I remembered all works pretty fun, and there was very enjoyable on the far-right difficulty slider, but with those "Legacy of Bhaal" - Can I make a switch to this difficulty. Or I need to start a new game for that? :(

Can I at least to export by black-skin half-elf Diviner to the new version *crying* .
"The monstrous evils of the twentieth century have shown us that the greediest money grubbers are gentle doves compared with money-hating wolves like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler, who in less than three decades killed or maimed nearly a hundred million men, women, and children and brought untold suffering to a large portion of mankind."
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg

#4 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 1938 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Also why is this in the SCS forum? Perhaps some moderator should move it...

Edited by subtledoctor, 30 January 2017 - 06:32 PM.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#5 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:00 AM

Also why is this in the SCS forum? Perhaps some moderator should move it...

Well, and where I need to ask a questions about installation process of SCS on BG2EE, about problems with savegames transfer in walktroughts with SCS installed, etc?

Perhaps the installation of those Big World Project will help? Is SCS included there?

Edited by frostysh, 31 January 2017 - 02:06 AM.

- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users