list known spells in dialogue?

subtledoctor

As the title says. Can I generate a list of known wizard spells of level x through level y in a dialogue?

EDIT - or alternatively, create a list of spell scrolls currently in your inventory? That one should be possible... isn't it what Cromwell does?

Use Response/State Triggers?

HaveKnownSpell()/HaveKnownSpellRES() (EE only)

HasItem()

Both run a regexp against item files to dynamically build dialogue files.

That's great, it will be useful, since I'll be operating from a list of learnable spell scrolls, which may be different from install to install.

The idea, by the way, is to allow mages to empower their familiar to cast spells, at a cost of sacrificing their own daily spell slots. Mage takes a spell slot penalty, the familiar gets an innate ability cloned from the spell in the scroll, and the scroll gets used up. You get the advantage of more casters casting simultaneously, while the number of spells you can actually cast each day remains the same. And familiars get something to do besides sitting in backpacks.

It's not exactly channeling your spells through a familiar, but it's close enough. It would be interesting, but more complicated, to do something similar with Wizard Eye.

Only difficulties I foresee are 1) hacking into the player-initiated familiar dialogue (I'm not good with that sort of thing) and 2) making sure the spell slot penalty gets cancelled if the familiar dies. Both solvable problems, to be sure.

EDIT - forgot to say, at the moment I'm calling this "Pooky's Mod."

Edited by subtledoctor