Solved!- How to make Party Members go neutral and then green again without creating pulsing triangles?

BCaesar

Hello everyone.

I've got some times when I want to make party members (in this case Cernd) go neutral and then turn green again after the event is over. Here's the code as I have it now (it ends up in cernd.bcs):

IF
    Global("_bMazzyHostile","GLOBAL",4)
    InParty("Cernd")
    !StateCheck("Cernd",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,NEUTRAL)
END

IF
    Global("_bMazzyHostile","GLOBAL",5)
    InParty("Cernd")
    !StateCheck("Cernd",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    Global("_bmahocerndfight","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ALLY)
    SetGlobal("_bmahocerndfight","GLOBAL",1)
END

And it works exactly as it should except that when he turns neutral the circle around him turns into four pulsing triangles and stays that way even when he turns green again. Is there a way to make that go away or a better way to code this so that doesn't happen?

Thanks

I also posted this here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64649/help-how-to-make-party-members-go-neutral-and-then-green-again-without-creating-pulsing-triangles#latest

and here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59262-help-how-to-make-party-members-go-neutral-and-then-green-again-without-creating-pulsing-triangles/?do=findComment&comment=594931

This is solved in the Spellhold thread, post #9 here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59262-solved-help-how-to-make-party-members-go-neutral-and-then-green-again-withou/?do=findComment&comment=594945

I get the same pulsing green arrow circle if making a familiar neutral with "RemoveFamiliar() ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,NEUTRAL)" and then taking it into the group as familiar again by "ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself, FAMILIAR) AddFamiliar()".

The foot circle gets normal again for saving and reloading.

I would be interested how to prevent the arrow circle, too, or whether it means I did something wrong / the game expects some action I did not provide.

The issue with pulsating green selection circle exists in both the original games and the Enhanced Editions. It happens regularly with the djinni in my Djinni Companion mod. I don't think if it can be fixed except by a save/reload action.

Likely because it should be PC, not ALLY.

Nope that seems to be exactly the same. Cernd turns blue and the pulsing triangles start. Then he turns green when the battle is over and the triangles stay.

But as mentioned they do go away after a load though, so they're not permanent. So I guess I'll just ignore them. I tried making Cernd GOODBUTBLUE or INANIMATE but neither of those made him uncontrollable.

I get the same pulsing green arrow circle if making a familiar neutral with "RemoveFamiliar() ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,NEUTRAL)" and then taking it into the group as familiar again by "ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself, FAMILIAR) AddFamiliar()".

The foot circle gets normal again for saving and reloading.

I would be interested how to prevent the arrow circle, too, or whether it means I did something wrong / the game expects some action I did not provide.

The issue with pulsating green selection circle exists in both the original games and the Enhanced Editions. It happens regularly with the djinni in my Djinni Companion mod. I don't think if it can be fixed except by a save/reload action.

I don't know if it works for either of your issues, but mine is solved. Post #9 in the Spellhold Thread here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59262-solved-help-how-to-make-party-members-go-neutral-and-then-green-again-withou/?do=findComment&comment=594945

Not sure if that helps, but I use similar code for some in-party NPCs and also CONTROLLED companions who went hostile for whatever reason. I go directly to the *target* state of PC or CONTROLLED and not with an intermediate NEUTRAL. I have never encountered those pulsating triangles. (I have not tested it with FAMILIAR.).

Archived