InfinityPortraits - Portraits for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

TariC

I havn't seen that pic either oO Maybe it's just a sketch or concept art and not yet finished?

But as I allready said:

It's up to the player what portrait he or she uses.

Someone left a comment on one of the portrait packs which include lot's of Dragon Age fanart, were he states, that using these portraits "doesn't feels right". What should I say about that? I would use them. One of my Baldur's Gate characters has the character portrait of one of the Neverwinter Nights NPC's (I believe it's Artemisia), but I didn't cared, since I never really played NWN and it represented my imagination of the character.

I havn't seen that pic either oO Maybe it's just a sketch or concept art and not yet finished?

No, it's not concept art and it's not unfinished. It's stated right there in the release thread. You know, it's ok to NOT like something, no need to go into denial.

But as I allready said:

It's up to the player what portrait he or she uses.

Yeah well you just bashed in an open door, because no one is arguing otherwise. Also known as strawman argument.

If I don't like a portrait, I will not use it. Of course. But this portrait is commissioned, paid for, and will ship as BG:EE original content. I think people can be be excused for not agreeing with the artistic direction hinted at by this portrait as well as finding it very un-balduresque. Because let's face it, it looks nothing like original BG portraits. Just compare it to the (original- and semi-original) work done by [in her spare time, for free] Enkida:

post-2725-0-54229700-1347402546_thumb.jpg

So, yes, I'm worried by the artistic direction of BG:EE if one of the "enhancements" is using a totally different portrait style.

Someone left a comment on one of the portrait packs which include lot's of Dragon Age fanart, were he states, that using these portraits "doesn't feels right". What should I say about that? I would use them. One of my Baldur's Gate characters has the character portrait of one of the Neverwinter Nights NPC's (I believe it's Artemisia), but I didn't cared, since I never really played NWN and it represented my imagination of the character.

Yes, that's dumb. Not really what we're discussing however...

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound (too) snide or argumentative, but while I'm not fond of broad sweeping condemnations of BG:EE - and it's chance of success - I even more dislike the apologetic tone that the official forum is full of. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is going to quack.

TL;DR: The portrait does not look like BG art. The portrait is arguably not that good at all. It's paid content. It's worrisome.

EDIT2: Perhaps a mod would prefer splitting the last page or so into another topic... Sorry TariC.

Sorry that it seems, that my arguments seem totally out of topic, but they aren't. It was my answer to Miloch's post. The other posts havn't been shown at the point when I was writing that.

But I get it, nobody here likes my idea of sharing free Portraits, because they do not fit into the games enough -.-

And yes, most of the topics here do belong into a different topic.

Sorry that it seems, that my arguments seem totally out of topic, but they aren't. It was my answer to Miloch's post. The other posts havn't been shown at the point when I was writing that.

But I get it, nobody here likes my idea of sharing free Portraits, because they do not fit into the games enough -.-

And yes, most of the topics here do belong into a different topic.

I was actually apologizing for going OT in your topic, not the other way around :)

I'm not sure anybody has stated any dislike for portrait sharing because the portraits in question doesn't fit into the games? Miloch seemed to have mostly technical concerns.

And by all means, assemble portraits from around the interwebz - there's no harm in it!

Archived