8th party slot?

TSFF19

Upon playing BG2 for a few days, I became aware of something: You know that side bar at the right side of the screen with your party portraits? Well, upon close examination, it looks like there's enough space for an eighth party member, at least, that's how it looks to me.

Could something be done over this? Just curious.

The game scripts could be fixed (I dare say it could be mostly automated) and then you just have to do the gui modification and some simple gemrb hacking to get it to work. Definitely something we will tackle in the future!

Guest Guest
Well, upon close examination, it looks like there's enough space for an eighth party member, at least, that's how it looks to me.
Just to note, it looks like this because the interface kept scaling up, up, and away... but there wasn't anything to actually fill the new space with (well, the Rest button, but that's it). If you switch to 640x (which was the only resolution supported in the original), there's room for exactly six.

As stated, the party cap is in rock-hardcode. It is never going to be increased but through GemRB.

...I just realized a mistake I made. I meant a seventh slot, not an eighth. :suspect:
Well, you could edit the first post and thus edit the title...

And there is 7th party member, :) , I am talking of course about the familiar, and if you wish, then one could count the lovable Haiass as the 8th... a mod controllableNPC. And then there's the summons. But none of those can be counted as real NPC, as they can be talked to if one wishes to install a mod that allows that, but they are not counted to be in party by the game itself... and thus they do not act like they are(no level ups, no open-able inventory etc.).

And there is 7th party member, :suspect: , I am talking of course about the familiar, and if you wish, then one could count the lovable Haiass as the 8th... a mod controllableNPC. And then there's the summons.

And Boo. How the hell could you forget Boo?

When I first got the game I saw those extra few slots at the bottom and rejoiced that they had expanded the possible group size. Only to be sorely disappointed when Anomen, Nalia, and Korgan had to fight for my fifth spot.

Never had him... never actually played a game that had Unfinished Business installed... :suspect:

When I first got the game I saw those extra few slots at the bottom and rejoiced that they had expanded the possible group size. Only to be sorely disappointed when Anomen, Nalia, and Korgan had to fight for my fifth spot.
Had you played the game in 640x480, you would have understand how wrong your assumption 'would have been'... ;) And you'll see the empty slots when you load the saves... so.

But then again, if we use the widescreen mod and a nice display, I count to have space to at least 13 portraits...(in 1920x1200) :)

Guest Guest
Never had him... never actually played a game that had Unfinished Business installed... :suspect:

Actually, the Boo familiar is from NeJ. :)

Actually, I believe it's from the older versions of Tortured Souls--the BWP-compatible version should have it.

I haven't played the mod(s) in question, but Boo is a character, regardless of whether he walks around or not. Arguably the most important character in the game.

Had you played the game in 640x480, you would have understand how wrong your assumption 'would have been'... :suspect: And you'll see the empty slots when you load the saves... so.
I probably didn't get a chance to load the game until past the Copper Coronet. I moved rather rapidly and haphazardly my first playthrough of the game. Probably because I was 13 or 14 years old at the time.
if you wish, then one could count the lovable Haiass as the 8th... a mod controllableNPC. And then there's the summons. But none of those can be counted as real NPC, as they can be talked to if one wishes to install a mod that allows that, but they are not counted to be in party by the game itself... and thus they do not act like they are(no level ups, no open-able inventory etc.).
Haiass can level up. Not like normal NPCs, but nevertheless, he can in certain areas.

Archived