Waukeen's Promenade animals bug

Hi,

I don't think this has anything to do with Tweaks Anthology, but I'm not sure where else to ask for a point in the right direction. I figure you folks are well versed with many of the bugs in BG2 and might remember this. I've had this bug with BG2 multiple times with multiple fresh installs of the game over the years. I remember many years ago finding info about the bug but now don't remember where I found it and have been searching the web all week to no avail.

When first entering Waukeen's Promenade all the circus animals are in their cages as they should be. But after going into an inn and coming back out (or maybe it's after finishing the circus quest?) all of them have shifted positions so they no longer appear to be in their cages. All the other inhabitants of the area seem to remain their proper locations.

Anybody remember what causes this? Probably the only mods I've used consistently through the years would be Ascension and Widescreen--could Widescreen be the problem.

Thanks,

DJ