BG2 Complete GOG - G3 Fixpack Installation Error

ApexOmnivore

Good Day.

Ive been using G3Fixpack and G3Tweaks to play BG2 +ToB since 2012.

Ive recently bought a GOG version (BG2 Complete) for my laptop that doesn't have cd drive.

While extracting/installing the G3Fixpack v10, i encounter an error that says:

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine Directory.

Fatal Error: Failure ("Not a game directory")

Press Enter to exit.

Ive install the game on my D: drive since Win7 (32) won't allow me to extract rar files in the program file directory.

Any assistance that will help me get around this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Also please make it very detailed step by step instructions since im not very good at computers.

Sorry for my grammar, not pretty fluent in english.

Thank You Very Much

While extracting/installing the G3Fixpack v10, i encounter an error that says:

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine Directory.

Fatal Error: Failure ("Not a game directory")

Press Enter to exit.

The thing is, what exactly are you running ?

The G3Fixpack v10 is ... not an actual program file, the file you download from here, is called "bg2fixpack v10.exe", which is self extracting archive, and when you run that, it extracts the files in it to the folder you are given a choise to give it ... now it's likely that your browser could be set to run the program right from offset, and you have to provide the game folder when the program asks for one.

At this point:

24oaf81.jpg

Just change the C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA to be something else, likely something that starts with; D:\

If you don't, and it extracts the file to somewhere else, probably the download folders fixpack v10 -folder or the default folder shown in the picture, while it's not in the game folder, you will give the above error.

Archived