Sarah v3

theacefes

While Mike1072 is running through the latest Shadow Hand build and telling me how much it sucks what needs to be changed, I've been doing some work on Sarah that will hopefully move her from her unfinished state to a full BG2 mod that I can finally be happy with.

V3 may or may not have new dialogue content: I haven't decided yet, but I would for sure like to get the voicing in and fix some of the coding (aka all of the coding) so that it's properly formatted.

Anyway, just thought I'd post an update.

Okay, fixed the coding that I wanted to fix, updated WeiDU and fixed the tp2 so it reflected the current version.

I also recorded all of Sarah's lines today. There were less than I thought there were but it took me some time to be able to remember how to do her voice properly (I don't really sound like her when I normally speak).

We also have another small problem. It's probably a combination of a better sound card and new mic, but the quality of the voicing for ToB is wayyyyyy better than SoA. I am not sure if anyone will notice the difference but it's not really something I can fix.

So, now I'm just waiting on the voicing for the other characters. ???

Is this something that is likely to be released in the relatively near future?

I ask because I've been nosing around Sarah for a while now mainly because I'd like to play a female PC again (its been forever since I have) but when I do I could never get past about 2 LTs with Anomen before shuting him down which was more a product of me just not being intersted in romancing a male (since I am a guy) than Anomen being how he is. And now that I've found NPC romance mods I couldn't imagine playing without one. Anyway I am going to pull the trigger and give Sarah a try romancing my femal PC, but I'd gladly hold off for a while for V3.

Thanks

How would you define near future?

I'm currently getting the voicing for the remaining characters (just 2 and they are very small parts), but I was planning releasing v3 within the next week or so, which is why I haven't really made a big deal about any flaws v2.2 might have. ???

I just got the voicing for Sarah's father, which was the last thing I needed to do. I just need to package the mod and that's it. :blush: Sorry, Dragon Age was released and I got a tad distracted.

No need to be sorry! I understand DA is a good game, and I saw you being actively playing DA at SHS. I just thought of doing a whole new reinstallation of BG2.

Cheers

Guest Willbur
I just got the voicing for Sarah's father, which was the last thing I needed to do. I just need to package the mod and that's it. :blush: Sorry, Dragon Age was released and I got a tad distracted.

No need to be sorry! I understand DA is a good game, and I saw you being actively playing DA at SHS. I just thought of doing a whole new reinstallation of BG2.

Cheers

Awesome, just did a new install today, already to go. Awesome character, can't wait for the new version. Thanks for the hard work.

Archived