Keeper of the Portal missing dialog?

In my most recent EET install, when I went back to Candlekeep immediately after Gorian's death and spoke to the Keeper of the Portal, he greeted me as normal, but the following conversation isn't firing (I want my 100 gold! XD).

WeiDU, Debug, & Screenshot are below:

https://www.sendspace.com/folder/zknd8e

EDIT: Sorry if I posted anything incorrectly.

Can you post your keeper.dlg from override?

Maybe you could run change-log on keeper.dlg to see if something has happened. Do this in BGEE AND in BG2EE, the mod that has done it may have been installed prior EET already.

The Weidu-log only covers the BG2 part of EET. You also have a WeiDU-BGEE.log that covers the BG1 part.

In my most recent EET install, when I went back to Candlekeep immediately after Gorian's death and spoke to the Keeper of the Portal, he greeted me as normal, but the following conversation isn't firing (I want my 100 gold! XD).

WeiDU, Debug, & Screenshot are below:

https://www.sendspace.com/folder/zknd8e

EDIT: Sorry if I posted anything incorrectly.

Can you post your keeper.dlg from override?

Maybe you could run change-log on keeper.dlg to see if something has happened. Do this in BGEE AND in BG2EE, the mod that has done it may have been installed prior EET already.

The Weidu-log only covers the BG2 part of EET. You also have a WeiDU-BGEE.log that covers the BG1 part.

Here are the dialog files:

KEEPER BG1&2.zip

Gimme a sec on the Changelog.

Changelog results:

attachicon.gifchange-log.zip

EDIT: It may have something to do with The Vault mod? This is the first time that I included it, and this is the first time I've encountered the issue.

Yes, it is the Vault, but the issue lies deeper. The Keeper dialogue modded by Vault is different from what Vault originally expected in BG1. Thus the old methods of adding its stuff does no longer apply.

It should be easy to fix for new installs.

Workaround for a running game.

Go to Vault/backup and copy the Keeper.dlg file. Go to BG2EE/override, rename the keeper.dlg you find there to 0Keeper.dlg and then drop the other one here. See if that works.

However, for the stuff to work later in chapter 6, you need to delete the keeper.dlg you just dropped again and give the renamed one back its name.

Changelog results:

EDIT: It may have something to do with The Vault mod? This is the first time that I included it, and this is the first time I've encountered the issue.

Yes, it is the Vault, but the issue lies deeper. The Keeper dialogue modded by Vault is different from what Vault originally expected in BG1. Thus the old methods of adding its stuff does no longer apply.

Go to Vault/backup and copy the Keeper.dlg file. Go to BG2EE/override, rename the keeper.dlg you find there to 0Keeper.dlg and then drop the other one here. See if that works.

However, for the stuff to work later in chapter 6, you need to delete the keeper.dlg you just dropped again and give the renamed one back its name.

Meh, no biggie. I'm at the very beginning anyway. I'll just wait for the fix then do a fresh install.

Changelog results:

Meh, no biggie. I'm at the very beginning anyway. I'll just wait for the fix then do a fresh install.

The fix is at github.

But I did not receive the 100gp from the keeper. I think this may be added by some other mod.

PS If you want a new install, suggest to wait a bit. I have just done two of the *free* mods for EET (Ninde and Dace). Takes a moment more than just conversion because I also remove a number of bugs and introduce fixes that have not been done for about 3 years. Takes a bit of analysis which ones are still applicable for EET or are applicable but in a different form.

The fix is at github.

But I did not receive the 100gp from the keeper. I think this may be added by some other mod.

PS If you want a new install, suggest to wait a bit. I have just done two of the *free* mods for EET (Ninde and Dace). Takes a moment more than just conversion because I also remove a number of bugs and introduce fixes that have not been done for about 3 years. Takes a bit of analysis which ones are still applicable for EET or are applicable but in a different form.

I believe the conversation path that always led to me getting the 100gp was after I asked him if he could retrieve Gorian's body for burial at Candlekeep. I'll try it out again whenever I do the new install.

I'll wait a bit before doing the new install. So excited that Dace (and Ninde) is coming to EET! =D

The fix is at github.

I believe the conversation path that always led to me getting the 100gp was after I asked him if he could retrieve Gorian's body for burial at Candlekeep. I'll try it out again whenever I do the new install.

I'll wait a bit before doing the new install. So excited that Dace (and Ninde) is coming to EET! =D

The burial is definitely mod added (BG1NPCs? not sure).

I will soon post the new EET mods in the main compatibility topic, so k4thos can put them on the main list.

Current plans are also for Xulaya and Iylos. Others will be decided later.

(BS)

The burial is definitely mod added (BG1NPCs? not sure).

I will soon post the new EET mods in the main compatibility topic, so k4thos can put them on the main list.

Current plans are also for Xulaya and Iylos. Others will be decided later.

You do know you can cut the BS away from the quotes ? Why were you quoting yourself, quoting yourself ? Yes, SE was also doing the same, but ... let's say your posts here and SHSforum are disproportionately full of selfquoting. It's not like one can't read the above posts or what ? I must be going crazy, cause it can't be the other, as I am already insane. Or was it the other way around, I never figured that out.

Archived