Eldoth the Skald

Buck Naked

Okay, not sure if this Tutu, BG1NPC, Rogue Rebalancing, or Song and Silence, but whenever Eldoth the Skald sings, the song doesn't act the same from round to round. Even standing still, with Eldoth in the center and the party gathered around him, the song changes from round to round in terms of who it is affecting. It's not just the potrait icon, either, because I can see the changes to AC and THACO in the character records. I see the message in the text box at the start of every round, but one round he's singing and it's affecting everyone, then the next round the text says he's singing but the icon is gone from everyone's portrait and the effect is gone from everyone's character record, then the next round the text says again that he is still singing, and some people are affected and others are not. I don't know if this is strictly an Eldoth thing, strictly a Skald thing, or strictly an Eldoth the Skald thing. or if it happens with any and all bard songs in the game.

Responded in the BG1NPC forum; at first guess I think it is probably just the distance of your party members from Eldoth and so a BG2 engine thing. I don't have my game or manual at the moment so can't check the song's radius. :)

Failing that, I would suggest it might be RR as I don't think the other mods change anything like this.

Responded in the BG1NPC forum; at first guess I think it is probably just the distance of your party members from Eldoth and so a BG2 engine thing. I don't have my game or manual at the moment so can't check the song's radius. :)

Failing that, I would suggest it might be RR as I don't think the other mods change anything like this.

Likewise, I didn't have this problem with a skald in BG2. And distance is definitely not itt, either.

I can double check another time but I do think that both Garrick and PC as Scald songs function normally in my games (and so does PC Blade's for sure) - at least I have not seen anything weird with the icons.

Will report back tonight unless someone does it first :)

When we come to the next version I'll be sure to see what aVENGER was trying to do with his changes, and try to fix it.

Much thanks for your work on this mod, both past and future! :)

On a possible related note, Eldoth is running around as if he were wearing Boots of Speed, but he isn't. And in SOME games, the Boots of Speed aren't doing a thing, no matter who wears them.

Could be something to do with the Walking Speeds component of Tutufix. I don't use that component so don't know what to suggest...

The Boots is an old thing; I think in many cases it is not a bug but rather the fact that BG1's boots did not display a portrait icon but BG2's do.

Archived