Tyris romance stuck

Lesten

My party is enjoying Tyris Flare's company. Looking good so far, but I'll save my review for when I've finished the game. :) Anyway, now it seems I have run into a problem with the romance.

I'm still early in the game (chapter 2). I've reached LT12 (about Candlekeep). This was some time ago (8-10 hours of gameplay) and the romance seems to have halted completely. The flirts are still working (both my PC and Tyris can initiate them, and she does this often). I'm thinking that either the next LT requires something special to happen (but I've seen no indication that this is the case) or something is wrong.

Got the values of the romance from shadowkeeper (only TYRISFLIRT has changed since the last LT):

G#TF.CHECKTYRISMATCH 1

G#TF.TYRISMATCH 1

G#TF.TYRISROMANCE 779029 (I find it curious that this hasn't changed in 8-10 hours of gameplay?)

G#TF.TYRISROMANCEACTIVE 1

G#TF.LOVETALK 14

G#TF.DONTKNOWDEATHADDER 1

G#TF.TICKLEFLIRT 1

G#TF.STARTTYRISFLIRTS 1

G#TF.TYRISFLIRT 1063120

G#TF.TYRISFLIRTNOW 0

I have tried AdvanceRealTime(50000) and that only prompts a flirt (every time), nothing else. So I'm wondering if the next LT is waiting for a particular trigger or if the romance is actually stuck for some reason. If so, is there some way to get it back on track (like editing a value or something)?

Thanks

Ok, as far as i can tell (when trying to re-create this myself) your problem is that your stuck on an even # talk, when they mean that your currently IN a talk, Talk 14 is about her war paint, it has no special conditions

Try this : CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("G#tf.lovetalk","Locals",13) while having your pointer over Tyris' portrait

On the timer thing,

G#TF.TYRISROMANCE 779029 (I find it curious that this hasn't changed in 8-10 hours of gameplay?)

we all think of timers as "count-ups" or "count-downs". But timers in i.e. games work by setting a value and comparing it to an internal counter. So if the global game timer say "1000" and we set a timer value of 180, then the "counter" is set to 1180. When the engine sees that the global timer is at or past 1180, it considerds it "expired".

Another way to think of it is Tyris' timers are actually stones. When you get a talk to play or something that sets a timer, you pick up the stone and throw it ahead of you. Then you walk towards it, and when you reach it, you get another talk/thing happen. The stone does not move; you move towards it. In this case, the stone (G#TF.TYRISROMANCE) was thrown ahead to game tick 779029. The game is now walking up to it. (or, more likely, it walked past it a long, long time ago, but since nothing has reset the timer [picked up the stone and thrown it forward], it has just sat there on the pathway, contemplating the nature of time, relativistic concepts of essential "rockiness", and the conundrum of moss growth while rolling, flying, or being in a stream).

Thanks for the replies. I believe the problem is now solved. I did some experimenting earlier today that obviously payed off. I used shadowkeeper to reset all Tyris romance related globals to the values they had in a save-file just after she had joined and then used AdvanceRealTime a couple of times. This time I managed to get to the warpaint-LT and now everything seems to be running as it should be (I've reached LT20).

@Pretsal – That seems much simpler than what I did. :D I will be sure to remember that if I get stuck again. Then again I've never been one to use simple solutions to problems.

we all think of timers as "count-ups" or "count-downs". But timers in i.e. games work by setting a value and comparing it to an internal counter. So if the global game timer say "1000" and we set a timer value of 180, then the "counter" is set to 1180. When the engine sees that the global timer is at or past 1180, it considerds it "expired".

Another way to think of it is Tyris' timers are actually stones. When you get a talk to play or something that sets a timer, you pick up the stone and throw it ahead of you. Then you walk towards it, and when you reach it, you get another talk/thing happen. The stone does not move; you move towards it. In this case, the stone (G#TF.TYRISROMANCE) was thrown ahead to game tick 779029. The game is now walking up to it. (or, more likely, it walked past it a long, long time ago, but since nothing has reset the timer [picked up the stone and thrown it forward], it has just sat there on the pathway, contemplating the nature of time, relativistic concepts of essential "rockiness", and the conundrum of moss growth while rolling, flying, or being in a stream).

Well said. :) And good to know.

Archived