New Game in BGT keeps sticking on the BG2 World Map

world map bgt bug

6 replies to this topic

#1 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • Modders
  • 1380 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

So, I have an installation of BGT and when I start a new game I can only get a character as far as Lion's Way (that first area east of Candlekeep, where Gorion dies). After that, when I try to shift areas, the only map screen that I can reach is for BG2, just over Athkatla, with no reachable areas.

- this behaviour is consistent over two New Games;

- when I use MoveToArea, I can get the party to a new area, but trying to shift areas naturally runs into the same bug;

- opening up a Save from before this install (a save starting in Candlekeep) does not run into this bug;

- I can't see any obvious difference between Globals for the new Save that doesn't work and the old Save that does - Chapter = 2, something called BGTNPC6600 = 1; there are no variables like "EndofBG1" present in the save games;

- The WeiDU Log is:

Spoiler

Does anyone have any thoughts on what went wrong so I can fix it or reinstall properly or something? Alternatively, pointers on how to graft a new character into the old, working save would be an acceptable workaround for me.

Thank you in advance,

Thimblerig

#2 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2674 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

Install order is completely wrong I'm afraid.
Go with this:
Ascension goes first
BG2 Fixpack
BGT after Fixpack
Quests, NPCs after BGT

Have fun!

#3 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2674 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

pointers on how to graft a new character into the old, working save would be an acceptable workaround for me.

1) Export your created character
2) Save the game you want to continue playing and exit the game
3) cut/paste your game from SAVE folder to MPSAVE folder
4) start multiplayer game and load the game, on character screen import the character you exported (as party leader if you want him as protagonist)
5) save the game in multiplayer, exit
6) cut/paste you new game from MPSAVE to SAVE folder
7) start the game in single player, load the game

#4 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • Modders
  • 1380 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

Thank you very much, Kreso!

#5 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • Modders
  • 1380 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

I made a fresh install in the suggested order, started another new game, and hit the same problem.

Is this something that Ascension does? It's the only new element in the mod stack...

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6786 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Erhm, --change-log the worldmap.wmp file... I am pretty sure the BGT is in totally wrong order, as it needs to be installed after the BG2 Fixpack, as said in the order thread. Erhm did you follow the exact order Kreso gave ? PS, the most likely thing is you also need the Worldmap mod too. But you first need to set you install order correct.

So it needs to look like this:
Spoiler

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 November 2013 - 02:13 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#7 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • Modders
  • 1380 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Yes, Jarno, I reinstalled in the recommended order: Ascension, Fixpack, BGT, BG NPC Project...

I'll take a look at the worldmap mod - thanks.

EDIT:

How does one changelog a worldmap.wmp file? I can find a folder called 'worldmap' but it has not .wmp files inside. Please forgive my ignorance.

Edited by Thimblerig, 15 November 2013 - 03:53 AM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: world map, bgt, bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users