Question about Infinity Engine Sprites

ge0rg

Hey guys, I'm not really a modder (yet), although I have some plans in that direction for the fututre. For now, I'm trying to use sprites from Planescape:Torment in a demo Project of mine (C++, DirectX).

I don't have much experience, but I assumed, that all sprites from one animation would be the same size, but this is not the case, the size of the background varies.

Do you guys know, how this is usually handled, for example when I want to calculate the memory I want to allocate for a certain animation? Do I best precalculate it and put it in a list inside a file? Or is it better to loop through the headers of all the bmps and calculate it upon loading?

I have little experience in this, so maybe the answer is obvious, but not to me ;).

EDIT: I just manage to implement it pretty well, the dimensions are just grabbed from each frame. The problem now is, that the point that is used to position the animation is not the top left corner, i.e. my nameless one is wiggeling back and worth while walking. How is this done in Infinity Engine?

Archived