[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

There are ways to do it within the mod, but none are good. You could set up the mod to have one 'you must install me component'--think BG1 NPC's main component, except the Tweaks one would do nothing--that all other components would require. If you wanted to uninstall everything, you'd fire up the installer, uninstall that one component, and then quit, which would prompt WeiDU to uninstall all of the other Tweak components for you. The other way would be to have a component that is literally a string of if-component-installed-then-uninstall-it, but then you'd be left with that one component installed and would have to go back and then uninstall it. Plus it could potentially take 10x longer than necessary with WeiDU's onion skin install process--I haven't really played around with UNINSTALL.

I understand that it's too complicated /not easily feasible = not worth the effort. I have full understanding for not doing things if it's not worth the effort. Maybe put a line into the readme with instructions how to uninstall all in one go as you mentioned above? (Maybe with a bit more detail where to put that command line.) It's just a suggestion.

There is a third way (which you probably won't like either :p ): don't use GROUP for the various groups of components. Instead have five introductory components that look exactly like the GROUP questions: "Do you want to install rule changes?" ... "Do you want to install cosmetic changes?" ... etc. And then have each substantive component use

REQUIRE_PREDICATE MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~CDTweaks~ ~#~
... where the # is one of those first five group components.

This will cause Weidu to begin the whole installation with the extra questions (whichever one is relevant to the current status):

What would you like to do with components that are not yet installed?
- Install them all
- Skip them all
- Ask about each one

What would you like to do with components that are already installed?
- Uninstall them all
- Reinstall them all
- Ask about each one
Edited by subtledoctor

Hi. I have some questions regarding HP in Shadows of Amn, and I figured that You (CamDawg) may have some insight.

Sorry for writing in this topic, but I cannot find 'Private Message' function. Delete this if necessary.

1. Is there a way to force BG2 to give a proper amount of starting hp for our main character?

a) If we import 'character file' from BG1 then <charname> will most likely have less hp than they should. For instance, a fighter, level 7, constitution 19, gets 71 hp instead of 105 hp (berserker, tried this many times, always 71 hp). In order to avoid this "hp reset" one can import BG1 save instead (not the character file!). But even then, HP pool is not going to be the same, because...

b) The game grants player extra hp dice! That is, the level 9 berserker <charname> is going to have 100 basic hp + bonuses granted from constitution. He should obviously have 90 hp + constitution bonuses, but the game apparently gives the player an extra "dice", probably to compensate the default "roll to see how much health you get" system. Other example: a fighter/mage, 18 constitution should start with 66 hp but gets the maximum of 73. Is there a way to turn it off?

2. Despite having CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #6 #3012 enabled (max hp for NPC's), Imoen in the Irenicus Dungeon has only 57 hp. It should be 62, if I'm correct. But maybe it's just the prologue Imoen, not the one we rescue later. BTW. The other NPCs have their hp pools properly maxed. It is only Imoen who seems to be bugged.

Again, sorry for posting here. I'm just curious.

EDIT:

Using easy difficulty changes nothing while importing character file. Creating new character works fine, of course, and they roll max hp + bonus. (So fighter, level 7, constitution 18 gets 108 hp, instead of 98 hp (extra 10 hp for free).

BTW. The example of fighter/mage is from the unmoded game, as well as tested with Epic Endeavours mod. How on Earth, a constitution 18, level 6/6 fighter/mage gets 73 hp, at the beginning of the game, not 66? In BG1 he/she starts with 11 hp. The game gives a single dice of bonus hp (in this case 4 hp + 10 hp /2 = 7, according to fighter/mage class and without constitution bonus).

Edited by Damianus_NT
1. Is there a way to force BG2 to give a proper amount of starting hp for our main character?

a) If we import 'character file' from BG1 then <charname> will most likely have less hp than they should. For instance, a fighter, level 7, constitution 19, gets 71 hp instead of 105 hp (berserker, tried this many times, always 71 hp). In order to avoid this "hp reset" one can import BG1 save instead (not the character file!). But even then, HP pool is not going to be the same, because...

a) Because you remake the character. As you have to apply the kit...

1. Just set the game to Easy -difficulty, you'll get the max HPs during level up, including the start of the game, after which you can set the difficulty to fries_with_fish. In the EE games this is easy, as the game has a option to make this easier...

2. You might have multiple mods and the Imoen might be from them, and so have less HPs. And yep, she should have 62 HPs... you should be getting the same Imoen back, just bit leveled up, so...

2. Despite having CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #6 #3012 enabled (max hp for NPC's), Imoen in the Irenicus Dungeon has only 57 hp. It should be 62, if I'm correct. But maybe it's just the prologue Imoen, not the one we rescue later. BTW. The other NPCs have their hp pools properly maxed. It is only Imoen who seems to be bugged.

Well spotted, this took me a while to track down the bug. Imoen (imoen10 is the creature file) is not being patched here--her 57 HP is her original HP. It turns out that the HP calculator was not properly detecting dual-class flags, so it was incorrectly calculating hit points as if she was a level 8/7 multi-class mage-thief. I fixed it locally and it's now properly adjusting her to 62 HP. This is likely affecting her other versions as well as Nalia.

As for the extra die roll and import shenanigans it's generally been something I've ignored, as I'm not able to make engine-level changes.

Not really an odd question. Maybe should have stated i'm doing an eet install. Guessing it still needs this applied then.

--- cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2 2016-07-27 22:02:50.000000000 -0400
+++ Fixpack/cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2 2017-01-09 13:50:29.726355300 -0500
@@ -27,7 +27,7 @@
END
-VERSION ~Beta 5~
+VERSION ~Beta 5 BWP Fix~
README ~cdtweaks/readme-cdtweaks.html~
@@ -2766,7 +2766,7 @@
COPY_EXISTING ~%file%.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
- REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[ %TAB%]Explore()~ ~ ~
+ REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[ %TAB%]Explore()~ ~ Continue()~
END
BUT_ONLY
@@ -11396,7 +11396,7 @@
BEGIN @401000 DESIGNATED 4010
GROUP @0
-REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tob bg2ee eet bgt~ @25 // ToB required
+REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tob bg2ee bgt~ @25 // ToB required
// end of SoA cutscenes set extra variable
COPY_EXISTING ~cut100a.bcs~ ~override~
@@ -11502,14 +11502,16 @@
BUT_ONLY
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.cre$~ ~override~
- READ_LONG 0x1cc bio ELSE "-1"
- PATCH_IF (bio >= 0) BEGIN // don't bother if no bio
- READ_ASCII 0x280 "dvcre" (32) NULL
- PHP_EACH cd_dv_array AS dv => file BEGIN
- PATCH_IF ("%dv%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "%dvcre%" = 0) BEGIN
- READ_LONG 0x18 xp
- INNER_ACTION BEGIN
- APPEND ~%file%.txt~ ~%SOURCE_RES% %xp%~
+ PATCH_IF NOT ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STR_EQ ~BDIMOEN~ BEGIN
+ READ_LONG 0x1cc bio ELSE "-1"
+ PATCH_IF (bio >= 0) BEGIN // don't bother if no bio
+ READ_ASCII 0x280 "dvcre" (32) NULL
+ PHP_EACH cd_dv_array AS dv => file BEGIN
+ PATCH_IF ("%dv%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "%dvcre%" = 0) BEGIN
+ READ_LONG 0x18 xp
+ INNER_ACTION BEGIN
+ APPEND ~%file%.txt~ ~%SOURCE_RES% %xp%~
+ END
END
END
END

Not really an odd question. Maybe should have stated i'm doing an eet install. Guessing it still needs this applied then.

--- cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2 2016-07-27 22:02:50.000000000 -0400

+++ Fixpack/cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2 2017-01-09 13:50:29.726355300 -0500

@@ -27,7 +27,7 @@

END

-VERSION ~Beta 5~

+VERSION ~Beta 5 BWP Fix~

README ~cdtweaks/readme-cdtweaks.html~

@@ -2766,7 +2766,7 @@

COPY_EXISTING ~%file%.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN

- REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[ %TAB%]Explore()~ ~ ~

+ REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[ %TAB%]Explore()~ ~ Continue()~

END

BUT_ONLY

@@ -11396,7 +11396,7 @@

BEGIN @401000 DESIGNATED 4010

GROUP @0

-REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tob bg2ee eet bgt~ @25 // ToB required

+REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tob bg2ee bgt~ @25 // ToB required

// end of SoA cutscenes set extra variable

COPY_EXISTING ~cut100a.bcs~ ~override~

@@ -11502,14 +11502,16 @@

BUT_ONLY

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.cre$~ ~override~

- READ_LONG 0x1cc bio ELSE "-1"

- PATCH_IF (bio >= 0) BEGIN // don't bother if no bio

- READ_ASCII 0x280 "dvcre" (32) NULL

- PHP_EACH cd_dv_array AS dv => file BEGIN

- PATCH_IF ("%dv%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "%dvcre%" = 0) BEGIN

- READ_LONG 0x18 xp

- INNER_ACTION BEGIN

- APPEND ~%file%.txt~ ~%SOURCE_RES% %xp%~

+ PATCH_IF NOT ~%SOURCE_RES%~ STR_EQ ~BDIMOEN~ BEGIN

+ READ_LONG 0x1cc bio ELSE "-1"

+ PATCH_IF (bio >= 0) BEGIN // don't bother if no bio

+ READ_ASCII 0x280 "dvcre" (32) NULL

+ PHP_EACH cd_dv_array AS dv => file BEGIN

+ PATCH_IF ("%dv%" STRING_COMPARE_CASE "%dvcre%" = 0) BEGIN

+ READ_LONG 0x18 xp

+ INNER_ACTION BEGIN

+ APPEND ~%file%.txt~ ~%SOURCE_RES% %xp%~

+ END

END

END

END

These issues are fixed in v1, yes.

edit: No, my bdimoen fix (the last block here) didn't make it into the v1 release. Hmm.

edit2: Yes, it's there, I'm just an idiot.

Edited by CamDawg