some questions

kreso

The install fails for me on "Smarter general AI".

FAILURE:

Unable to parse %dw#0w21

ERROR: [ALEX.CRE] -> [override/ALEX.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unable to parse %dw#0w21"))

I don't know if this has something to do with Kit Revisions, I'll try to install without it.

Also, "Improved Durlag's Tower" won't install:

ERROR: error loading [override/dopspell.bcs].

Weidu:

ToBEx

Ascension

Fixpack

BGT

IR

SR

KR

Refinements

Unlimited stacks, no Drow Avatars from Tweaks

SCS25

First, congrats on the release.

And a question - I didn't find any readme info on externalizing kit features. Has it been done for this version?

Good thing, because I'm not sure I understand the question.

The install fails for me on "Smarter general AI".

FAILURE:

Unable to parse %dw#0w21

ERROR: [ALEX.CRE] -> [override/ALEX.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unable to parse %dw#0w21"))

I don't know if this has something to do with Kit Revisions, I'll try to install without it.

Also, "Improved Durlag's Tower" won't install:

ERROR: error loading [override/dopspell.bcs].

Weidu:

ToBEx

Ascension

Fixpack

BGT

IR

SR

KR

Refinements

Unlimited stacks, no Drow Avatars from Tweaks

SCS25

Those are both very odd bugs: as in, I can't see why they wouldn't have shown up on almost any test run I did (this version was tested on clean BGT, BG2/Ascension/FP/QP/UP/IR/SR, BGTUTU+BG1NPC, BGEE, BG2EE+WoP). Strange. I'll see what I can do though it won't be till later.

First, congrats on the release.

And a question - I didn't find any readme info on externalizing kit features. Has it been done for this version?

Good thing, because I'm not sure I understand the question.

Well, you said that as of v25 you'll be externalizing kit features (along with other stuff like HP, saving throws, and other changes to game rules) but I didn't find info in the readme, hence the question.

Those are both very odd bugs: as in, I can't see why they wouldn't have shown up on almost any test run I did (this version was tested on clean BGT, BG2/Ascension/FP/QP/UP/IR/SR, BGTUTU+BG1NPC, BGEE, BG2EE+WoP). Strange. I'll see what I can do though it won't be till later.

My wild guess, at least for ALEX.cre - he's a paladin. Install fails on what is (I think) supposed to be LoH ability, when it gets converted to a dw# type of spell. This only happens if I install Kit Revisions, however. I'll try tinkering with Kit Revisions Paladin CLAB file to see if I'm correct.

As for the dopspell.bcs, I have no idea.

I didn't encounter any bugs with Ascension/BGT/RR/Refinements/SCS, however.

I'll give it a go with SR/IR without KR to see what happens, if install succeeds then it's KR causing these issues.

EDIT:

I've tried installing SCS over KR on EE. Same install errors occur (both) - it's apperantly something of Kit Revisions Paladin innates causing this.

EDIT 2:

It installs correctly if KR Paladins are not installed. Maybe Demivrgvs will kow what causes this.

I'm at a complete loss why dopspell.bcs doesn't install properly with KR Paladins, however - it's a very simple script which has nothing to do with paladins in general.

Okay, I've now investigated.

Firstly: yes, kit externalisation is in v25.

On the bug: the install failure of "improved general AI" is a side effect of a more general bug in SCS. If you want the gory details:

(1) SCS makes zero-casting-time copies of many spells to simulate sequencers (using ReallyForceSpell runs into problems with Timestop)

(2) spells using the "protection from spell" opcode need to be updated so as to give protection from the copied spell too

(3) the kit-enforcement function looks into all the spells that are applied as part of a kit to see what they do and apply their effects to the kitted creature

(4) One of the spells applied to paladins in KR gives immunity to Stinking Cloud, which appears in sequencers, and so needed to be edited in (2)

(5) the bit of SCS that was doing (2) was broken

(6) the brokenness was in turn causing the kit-enforcement function to choke when it tried to process the paladin spell.

I'll upload a new version shortly.

The dopspell.bcs bit is more straightforward. "Improved Durlag's Tower" assumes dopspell.bcs is in the override. It's guaranteed to be if "Improved General AI" is installed but not otherwise.

Sometimes I think this mod has got too complicated for its own good...

That was quick....thank you for time & effort. So, KR Paladins failed to install which caused failure on "Smarter AI" which, in turn, caused "Durlag's Tower" not to get installed, since the file needed was not present where it was supposed to be. Cool.

Sometimes I think this mod has got too complicated for its own good...

Sometimes I think this mod just got too good. :)

Thank you again!

EDIT:

It installs correctly over KR Paladins now. :D

It installs succesfully on a lot of mods - BG1 NPCs, SR/IR/KR, Ascension, UB, RR, different quest mods etc.

I'm curious, however - are Ogre Berserkers still kitted Berserkers? NearInfinity shows them as Berserkers, but they don't use Rage anymore, nor do they have any berserker kit features, including Rage innate ability.

I've checked Tazok, also a Berserker, and he gets everything that a PC berserker does at his level.

Is this intentional?

Also, Davaeorn seems to have illegaly low saving throws (his Death save is 4 for example). Again, can't say if this is actually a feature or a bug.

It installs succesfully on a lot of mods - BG1 NPCs, SR/IR/KR, Ascension, UB, RR, different quest mods etc.

I'm curious, however - are Ogre Berserkers still kitted Berserkers? NearInfinity shows them as Berserkers, but they don't use Rage anymore, nor do they have any berserker kit features, including Rage innate ability.

I've checked Tazok, also a Berserker, and he gets everything that a PC berserker does at his level.

Is this intentional?

Not exactly; it's an emergent consequence. Ogre berserkers are class=ogre, kit=berserker. My former kit-enforcement function only checked a creature's kit. My new one starts with a creature's class. It notices that "ogre" is not a kittable class, and so gives up. On balance I think that's a mistake; I'll revert it.

Also, Davaeorn seems to have illegaly low saving throws (his Death save is 4 for example). Again, can't say if this is actually a feature or a bug.

It's neither, really. Those are Davaeorn's vanilla-game saves; my code corrects illegally weak but not illegally strong saving throws.

Ogre berserkers are class=ogre, kit=berserker. My former kit-enforcement function only checked a creature's kit. My new one starts with a creature's class. It notices that "ogre" is not a kittable class, and so gives up. On balance I think that's a mistake; I'll revert it.

Great....I love Ogres with immunites to crowd control.

Those are Davaeorn's vanilla-game saves; my code corrects illegally weak but not illegally strong saving throws.

Ah, I remember you had a discussion with Salk about it... K. They made quite a resistant mage in vanilla then.

Thanx for clarification.

A suggestion for "Move NPCs to more convinient locations":

It's my belief that Tiax was placed in Baldur's Gate for a reason. He may not look as much, but his Ghast summon is overly powerful for early parts of the game with his paralyizing attack. I'd still place him in Beregost, but available only after Bandit Camp is cleared or something similar.

And a question - I've installed SR and "Improved Sirens and Dryads". Now, enemies summon Nymphs which can (and do) cast "Sphere of Chaos" clerical version. My own summoned Nymphs can't do that.

Second, Davaeorn is supposed to leave (according to Readme) "Remove magic" and "Stoneskin" scrolls on his dead body. He doesn't, however, only some low-level scrolls (Shield and similar). He no longer gets a Superior healing potion.

Also, SR spell "Monster summoning III" should call Ogre Berserkers, now it summons Ogrillons instead. It worked correctly with SCS24.

A suggestion for "Move NPCs to more convinient locations":

It's my belief that Tiax was placed in Baldur's Gate for a reason. He may not look as much, but his Ghast summon is overly powerful for early parts of the game with his paralyizing attack. I'd still place him in Beregost, but available only after Bandit Camp is cleared or something similar.

And a question - I've installed SR and "Improved Sirens and Dryads". Now, enemies summon Nymphs which can (and do) cast "Sphere of Chaos" clerical version. My own summoned Nymphs can't do that.

Second, Davaeorn is supposed to leave (according to Readme) "Remove magic" and "Stoneskin" scrolls on his dead body. He doesn't, however, only some low-level scrolls (Shield and similar). He no longer gets a Superior healing potion.

Also, SR spell "Monster summoning III" should call Ogre Berserkers, now it summons Ogrillons instead. It worked correctly with SCS24.

Sorry - I didn't catch this until after I'd packaged v26. Will chase. (Regarding Tiax, I suspect you have the logic the wrong way around - I think it's more likely that having started him in Baldur's Gate, they gave him a power that was compatible with that location. I've considered the possibility of weakening his summon power, especially at lower levels, but I've never really got around to it.

Archived