[solved] BGT: Fails to install component Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time

According to the README, this is supposed to be compatible with BGT. I tried to set the forging time to 24 hrs, but it was skipped. The relevant line in the debug file simply says:

Skipping [Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time -> Full 24 hours (BG2EE default, includes sleep)] because it fails its requirements.

What are the requirements? This was never a problem with the previous bg2tweaks.

DEBUG file and weidu.log attached in a zip.

cdtweaks.zip

I can confirm the issue on BGT.

@Terminus Est: if you want to install that component, you can open the file setup-cdtweaks.tp2 with Notepad and add bgt to line 3927 (between bg2ee and eet)

Edited by Salk

To be exact, do you mean BGT-weidu or the horror from the deep underground without which the other wouldn't exist, but would be more of a single game experience ?

@Salk: But that would allow install of the "///// instant \\\\\" not the "///// 24 hours, including rest \\\\\"

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

@Jarno: no, it works that way.

From the .tp2:

// out of order, component-number-wise, because WeiDU will suppress other options if the first isn't the most inclusive
// e.g. putting instant first means bgt games don't get to pick 8 hours, even though it's technically available

The only drawback is that the user gets also the choice of installing the "Instant" forging together with the other two options but that's no aggravation since that should be the default behavior for BGT.

Edited by Salk

I can confirm the issue on BGT.

@Terminus Est: if you want to install that component, you can open the file setup-cdtweaks.tp2 with Notepad and add bgt to line 3927 (between bg2ee and eet)

Thanks. I'll have to remember this for my next BGT run, in a few months' time, if it hasn't been fixed. For now I'm manually advancing the time using Ctrl-T.

This is fixed, but in a ham-handed fashion so that I don't have to poke Wisp.

For now, all games/platforms with Cromwell will get all options displayed, e.g. BG2 games will see the Instant option, even though the forge time is already instant. If you choose one of the options that is already the default, the component will "install" but essentially do nothing.