Mod Compatibility/Redundancy Notes

Guest Morken

I just repeated a few tests on my savegame.

It is the Medium shield that is causing a spell failure chance.

Not the armour spell, not the helmet or shortsword.

Yet, the Medium shield text does not state anything about spellfailure, and the armours I have picked up -studded leather and splint DO say something of spellfailure chances/thief penalties - like the refinements mod always does when I run it.

So, the fixpack is to blame.

If you guys are going to do this on the sly, please fix the textbox.

Gosh how annoying, for fighter/mages to have to pause the game and then remove the shield before casting spells. A bit of a pointless exercise really as shields can be removed anytime.

I've done a search of the Fixpack documentation and I don't see any entries regarding adding spell failure to the medium shield. On the other hand, I'm fairly certain that this is a feature of the Tweak pack, and possibly Refinements as well.

Guest Guest

Hi,

EXCELLENT JOB to everyone who put this Fixpack together. I cant even imagine the time and effort required to put this together. Kudos to all of you.

Recently i started playing BG2ToB again, using your mod. LOVE IT!

I'm about to enter the ToB portion of the game, and i'm wondering if David Gaiders improved encounters are included, ie.

Ascension v4

plus, the other Tougher Bhaalspawn and the Demogorgan encounters.

If these aren't included, will they still work fine with Fixpack v4?

I also noticed, you havent included 1 of the bonus merchants "Joluv" (located in Copper Coronet) .. any reason why?

Thanks in advance, and THANKYOU for this Fixpack!!

Thanks for the kind words. :)

None of Ascension mod or Gaider's other mods are included, as the Fixpack is limited to just fixes. These should work just fine on a Fixpacked install.

As for the bonus merchants, Dierdre is actually enabled by the official ToB patch, not by the Fixpack. We don't have any plans to enable Joluv to the Fixpack. The BG2 Tweak Pack, also available here at G3, does it.

Which ones? It's fairly easy to comment out the stuff you don't want to install and I know that some of the older fixes have been rewritten with code that will cause less issues with other mods/material.

Only want Harper-Druid Jaheira back, she is beeing dropped all her harper abilities beside one.

I'm guessing you are referring to the following changes

Characters Know Alignment- or Class-Restricted Divine Spells

Spells such as Holy Smite, Holy Word, Unholy Blight, and Unholy Word have alignment-based restrictions. The first two can be learned or used by evil priests, and the latter two by good priests. In addition, divine spells can also be flagged as restricted from cleric/paladins or druid/rangers. These spells were removed. Viconia no longer knows Holy Smite (good characters only), Fire Seeds (druids only), but should know Flame Blade. Jaheira no longer knows Remove Fear, Zone of Sweet Air, Mental Domination, or Champion's Strength (only for clerics/paladins).

Files altered: jaheir7.cre, jaheir8.cre, jaheir11.cre, jaheir12.cr, jahei14.cre, viconi6.cre, viconi8.cre, viconi9.cre, viconi11.cre, viconi13.cre, viconi16.cre

I'd suggest opening up setup-bg2fixpack.tp2 with a text editor such as context (although Notepad should work as well) and do a search for "Characters Know Alignment- or Class-Restricted Divine Spells". Put // in front of each line of that section until you see another component with a header similar to the Characters Know Alignment or class restricted divine spells.

A fuller description of this process can be found in the I *HATE* this fix! thread. You can very easily customize the fixpack to get exactly what you want since every component is modular and do not rely on other components. I personally have a few changes made on my local install of the fixpack as there are a few things I prefer to not change when I play the game (experience/item exploits mostly).

Alternatively, you may be able to make a case that Jaheira should have the older spell selection in her role as a Harper and that change would be removed from the fixpack. Its happened before.

Someone may want to expand on this

Archived