Bug report archive

ScuD

It seems with Randomiser installed, entering the golem cave near on the siren coast causes the game to hang with a return to desktop (not a crash, game is still running but unresponsive). Not sure if this is related to a specific component of mod.

After having discovered your DIY Manual and some experimentation, I have determined it is the Safana trigger/script with the randomization of the Manual of Bodily Health which is the problem.

First, I removed the Manual completely from the randomization tables ... no hang. Other items are randomized correctly, Manual remains untouched.

Second, I added Manual back in (as per your guide explains) but changed the reference of safana.fl in weidu_bg1item.2da (baf\flrsafan.baf appears to be the modified script dealing with her getting impatient and leaving? I assumed this must be the reference). Used container1 instead as was referenced in another list location for that same container ... no hang. Took me three re-randomizations before the Manual was not randomly assigned that same location, and experienced no hangs without it being present. Not sure what happens with Safana, however.

I'm not sure if the *.fl references in general are the incompatibility with the BG1 engine or just this specific case, as I haven't gotten far enough to test the later ones. Any way to verify this?

I can still provide the files from override folder, but i am guessing after this new information those won't be much help. Let me know.

It seems with Randomiser installed, entering the golem cave near on the siren coast causes the game to hang with a return to desktop (not a crash, game is still running but unresponsive). Not sure if this is related to a specific component of mod.

Putting random items into Safana's quest uses an invisible creature to do stuff. Something about this creature is making BG1 crash, probably because the creature is BG2 in some way. I should be able to get around this bug by creating the creature from local files instead of using a pre-generated one. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this might also have been the real reason I couldn't get mode 1 to not crash BG1 back in the day.

Hopefully you can get it all straightened out. From my casual glances, I had assumed the script change was much more mundane than you describe. Apparently there is more to it than that.

If resolving this would allow mode 1 to function under BG1, that would be great as well.

I must be in the extreme minority of folks still playing BG1 under the old engine - otherwise I'm sure this bug would have surfaced much earlier.

Let me know if I can help.

The good news is that the crash can be fixed. The bad news is that getting the scripting to work right requires more effort that I'm willing to put into it (if there's even a reliable solution to be found). I'll be disabling the randomisation of the CON manual on original BG1.

Reagarding: 10300: Prevent Watcher's Keep statues from disappearing (in case randomisation gave them something)

Readme doesn't mention about component redundancy by installing SCS/tactics. It would be better for players (and BWS because there was several reports BWS constantly make pause during installation. ) that they would not need to read tp2 weidu code in order to know that you don't need to install this component if corresponding components from SCS/Tactics are installed.