NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core - resource importation

5 replies to this topic

#1 apprenticepeng

apprenticepeng
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

Hello,

I had a failed installation. I selected the "BWS recommended selection".

Here's the debug message:

Uninstalled 14891 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Out of memory
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Automatically Skipping [EET core - resource importation] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 304680 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core - resource importation

D:\Entertainment\BG2EE>

ERROR: [Baldur.exe] -> [Baldur.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: Out of memory
Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

I've attached the zipped SETUP-EET.DEBUG

#2 apprenticepeng

apprenticepeng
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:50 PM

Here's the attachment

https://github.com/K...2/SETUP-EET.zip

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6578 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

Your computer is out of the allocated memory. This is due to the mod being installed under BWS, which installs multiple weidu.exe using mods that ..never get to release the assigned memory. 

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#4 apprenticepeng

apprenticepeng
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

Thanks Jarno!

Is there any solution to this problem?

It's strange that I was able to install it on my old laptop; but the installation failed on my new desktop with the same settings and same BWS version.

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6578 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:32 AM

It's strange that I was able to install it on my old laptop; but the installation failed on my new desktop with the same settings and same BWS version.

Same ... doesn't mean here what you think it does. See the mods the game uses have computer generated randomization, as well as what ever updates the software gets from dozens of sources the BWS uses during it's process.
If you had wanted the same, you could have just copied the data files(aka game folder) from one computer to another, but you didn't.

Ouh, and by the way, is the D drive a harddrive ? Or some other media device, such as a USB connected... which will slow things down to a crawl and do horrible other things.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#6 apprenticepeng

apprenticepeng
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:23 PM

Same ... doesn't mean here what you think it does. See the mods the game uses have computer generated randomization, as well as what ever updates the software gets from dozens of sources the BWS uses during it's process.
If you had wanted the same, you could have just copied the data files(aka game folder) from one computer to another, but you didn't.

Ouh, and by the way, is the D drive a harddrive ? Or some other media device, such as a USB connected... which will slow things down to a crawl and do horrible other things.

yes, the D drive is a hard drive

I did copy the game folder from my laptop to my desktop.

I just thought it would be much easier if I can solve this issue, otherwise it would be so painful if I want to try some other mods

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users