SoD Map Icons missing

Doskious

I found the same problem with my currently running BWS installation for EET. The maps bamfile it has is wrong (just 150kb instead of 234) - it is missing the SoD icons.

d you please explain how you merge those .BAM files please ?

I replaced the file in the bp-bgt_worldmap\bam\ee folder with the full oneattachicon.gifbpbgtmap.zip

I am still not at the point where worldmap is installed but I hope it will spare me the trouble.

Seems to be a BWS issue.

Not sure if simply putting the bam into override will solve it but chances are high..

Corrected file was added to BWFixpack, thanks Roxanne :beer:

Too early to celebrate....I went through all of the 175 animations in that bam and there are indeed some that are just black squares. I think those are the ones causing still an issue.

I have no idea why - it is the one I used in my old EET installation without any issue? I am still searching for the original file that was provided by k4thos original patch for EET. Maybe you find it quicker than me.

Black boxes usually mean missing PVRZ files or incorrect texture coordinates. You can use NI's "Properties" button in BAM resource viewer to check which PVRZ files are referenced by the BAM.

Thanks - I checked and found all the PVRZ files. They contain *black squares* in some places, whatever that means. Each of the PVRZ files contains multiple map icons, so it is hard to say if those black holes would mean a missing icon?

I don't quite understand. If it worked before than why no just use the code that was in the patch that I provided to Big World Fixpack? If it doesn't work now than recent changes in BWS/BWF broke it. No need to implement these changes from scratch. If you used PVRZ files AFTER they were installed than you're doing it wrong. Files I provided requires installation code to work properly.

edit: correction, vanilla BP-BGT PVRZ installation code was used, so the only change needed is custom BAM + PVRZ files. But these should not be files from override. Here are correct files (same that should already be inside BWF): https://www.sendspace.com/file/v59dii

You can't place them in override. Whole BP-BGT Worldmap needs to be reinstalled with those files in place.

I don't quite understand. If it worked before than why no just use the code that was in the patch that I provided to Big World Fixpack? If it doesn't work now than recent changes in BWS/BWF broke it. No need to implement these changes from scratch. If you used PVRZ files AFTER they were installed (from override) than you're doing it wrong. Files I provided (that I no longer have) requires installation code to work properly.

The problem was, that the BWS installation did not work correctly (reported to be fixed now) and some people (including myself) who installed with BWS recently ran into the issue. I fixed it for me locally already and hope it works with BWS next time.

That makes sense. Please take a look at edited post since you quoted it before I added link. It should work after normal re-installation

I did the re-install and also patched my savegame with the new map. Everything is fine, except map OH1000 has no name and no item now (repaired it in NI for me).

Issue should be solved with Ikki's observation http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28574&do=findComment&comment=251863.

That makes sense. Please take a look at edited post since you quoted it before I added link. It should work after normal re-installation

I did the re-install and also patched my savegame with the new map. Everything is fine, except map OH1000 has no name and no item now (repaired it in NI for me).

Issue should be solved with Ikki's observation http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28574&do=findComment&comment=251863.

there is no need to patch saves/restore worldmap. The purpose of re-installation is to properly install BAM+PVRZ and that's save independent.

Archived