NPC Kitpack v1 Released

CamDawg

The Gibberlings Three

The NPC Kitpack is a mod that allows you to kit the original BioWare NPCs. Some are kitted with new, custom kits while others use the available BioWare kits. Version 1 is a revamp of the previously available beta, fixes known bugs, makes kits available for NPCs in Tutu/BGT games, and adds French and Spanish translations (courtesy of D'Oghmatiques and Clan DLAN).

Relevant links:

Changelog from v0.7.2 Beta:

• Added a Spanish translation courtesy of Clan DLAN and a French transla tion, courtesy of Thot and the d'Oghmatiques
  • A great deal of under-the-hood changes to streamline installation. Notably, there's no longer a 'master component' which needs to be installed, and the mage kit options for Imoen and Nalia are now presented in much more user-friendly menu options
  • Added new Replace Berserker Kit with Battlerager for Dwarves component
  • If NPC Tweak is installed, Anomen's new equipment from that mod is now adjusted to still work if Anomen gets the berserker or Helm kits
  • Watcher of Helm Anomen now receives a Holy Symbol he can use
  • Made Tutu- and BGT-friendly; Edwin, Imoen, and Minsc can now receive their kits in Tutu/BGT games
  • Weapon proficiency compatibility code streamlined to be compatible with just about everything
  • Install order dependence for the thief and mage kit components for Nalia and Imoen has been removed
  • Fixed bug on non-Fixpack installs where Spellhold Imoen doesn't have a script assigned, causing her kitting to fail
  • Magic Missile is a disallowed spell for enchanters, so if Imoen is kitted as an enchanter she'll use Larloch's Minor Drain in the initial BG2 Promenade cutscene instead
  • HLA tables for the new kits now use the generic tables for their classes (instead of their own copies) for better compatibility with HLA-altering mods such as Refinements

For one, blissful moment, I thought lvl1npcs went live.

Still, congratulations. Installation in Tutu before/after BG1 NPC Project(for Tutu modlist and stuff)? Readme doesn't mention any specifics about the installation order, and I know that class- or kit-related Tweaks components should not be installed after BG1 NPC.

Guest jastey*

I'm confused to see v1, I thought it's been already released.

From the readme: "The NPC Kitpack is ©200-2007 Idobek."

Either I don't know what the "©200-" stands for, or Idobek was working on that one for a long, long time. (Don't tell me it's just a typo. ;) )

Anyway, congrats! It feels like it's raining mod releases currently.

-jastey

Still, congratulations. Installation in Tutu before/after BG1 NPC Project(for Tutu modlist and stuff)? Readme doesn't mention any specifics about the installation order, and I know that class- or kit-related Tweaks components should not be installed after BG1 NPC.

I don't think install order really matters. Kitting is done via script extension so I don't think it can interfere with BG1 NPC.

I'm confused to see v1, I thought it's been already released.

It's been languishing at 'beta v0.7.2' for some time now.

From the readme: "The NPC Kitpack is ©200-2007 Idobek."

Either I don't know what the "©200-" stands for, or Idobek was working on that one for a long, long time. (Don't tell me it's just a typo. ;) )

Yes, typo. Should be 2004- 2007.

Ahhh ! Great ! I think it's the oldest translation the d'Oghmatiques made and that was never been added. ;)

Thanks to have updated the mod CamDawg. ;)

Heh, cheers.

Archived