Wisdom bonus vs enchantment

Magus

I have done (am doing) stat based bonuses/detriments. The only way I have found is via scripting. If you are looking to make it a Wisdom bonus, I assume you will be using 3e stylish rules as in 12 = +1, 14 = +2 and so on.

You must script, for each character, checking the Wis stat. It must be constantly checked as there are items and spells that can increase or decrease your wisdom. The only effective way I have found was to do this in Baldur.bcs. Once you have checked your Wisdom, you must then apply the bonus (or detriment). You must make it so you can back out without actually knowing what the stat was.

For example:

I have 16 Wisdom that gives me a +3 bonus.

I put on a nice hat that gives me +4 Wisdom, which brings me to 20. I now need to have +2 more bonus.

I remove said hat, dropping my Wisdom back to 16, and back to +3.

The problem if you script checking a stat and giving a bonus for stat >15 and <18 (meaning 16 and 17) is that when the stat changes, it doesn't know how to remove the bonus properly or add the bonus back. If you want actual script code, I have that for you, or if you want to learn it yourself that works too.

Archived