Site and Forum Feedback

AL|EN

Yeah, the forum email doesn't work sometimes. I try to manually validate any "awaiting authorization" members when I see one of their posts and confirm they're not a spambot.

Hi! I'm having the same issue Bob was, having re-sent authorization a time or two now.

Edit: authorized now, thank you!

Edited by Endurium

Yeah, the forum email doesn't work sometimes. I try to manually validate any "awaiting authorization" members when I see one of their posts and confirm they're not a spambot.

Hi! I'm having the same issue Bob was, having re-sent authorization a time or two now.

Edit: authorized now, thank you!

Hello! I'm having the same issue as gentlemen above. First I thought outlook.com is bouncing those posts but it seems that is not the case.

Regards from Enkku.

Edit:

Working, thank you.

Edited by enkku

I got a Personal Message (PM) here at G3 within the past week, but I didn't notice it for 3 days. I did not get an email notification about the new PM despite Email notifications for "Notify me of replies to my personal conversations" being checked in my User CP. I double checked and my email address displayed in my User CP is the correct one. Searching through my email history, I haven't gotten an email from The Gibberlings Three since 2012. What's up with that, and is there anything I can do on my end to fix it?

-Sam.

Hi, I also face the same missing notification problem as Sam and I miss important messages. Please investigate this problem. If my current email domain would be @somerandomrussianrosting.org, I could change email address but it's Microsoft mail - there shouldn't (and there wasn't in the past) be any problems with them.

P.S. SHS is abandoned in terms of moderators and support, let's hope that G3 won't be next.

Edited by ALIENQuake

I don't think there's much we can do about that except to abandon the (outdated) version of the forum software we are currently using and upgrade to something newer.

But why email notification stopped working? It might be hosting/mail software problem. But if you think that updating forum software will solve this, then go for it. IPB 4 is very good from the reviews, unlike vBulletin 5 which was complete disaster.

The mailer still works, at least for password recovery. If some services started dropping mails, that's more of a spam protection problem. To try to prevent that you need access to the domain records though.

Hi, I changed my email adress and have this validation problem now, too. Would you please ... ? :-)