Current Idea List

CamDawg

I just wanted to consolidate the ideas floating around for Tweaks into a single post. Please note that not all will actually get implemented. :)

• Improved Fate Spirit summoning
  • Randomized traps
  • At-will Shapeshifting
  • Low-level abilities
  • Restored Bhaalspawn innates
  • Variable backstab multiplier (Done already)
  • Altered weapon proficiencies
  • Spell components
  • Robes & Armor (Galactygon)
  • Darkness penalties (aka Dark Underdark and Infravision Doesn't Suck)

More as my memory stops sucking.

Cool, thanks. The to-do list for Tweaks had gotten so long I wanted to get the latest releases out before adding a ton of new components--some of the suggestions on the list have been there for a while.

And integrating them with Virtue at some point? If that's the case, they may be better served in D0Tweak--it'll be easier for you to coordinate/integrate/bugfix with yourself than with Idobek and I. I'm more than willing to code, either way.

Don't know if this is a Tweak Pack request, or for BG1NPC. I am sure someone has already asked for it: a "BG2/ToB-style Party Reform Tweak" - i.e. modify the BG1 NPC dialogs and scripts so that we can kick them from the party but have them stay put or meet us back at some defined location. Hate it when Viconia buggers off just because I talk to her.

There are some NPCs like Branwen and Ajantis who have an option to stay-put; NPCs like Viconia (and Edwin?) who will leave just be clicking Talk on them; and NPCs like Shar-Teel and Kivan will leave if reformed out of the party. Sure, NPCs have things to do, places to go, people to see. But I would like the option to rejoin with them at some point.

Don't know if this is a Tweak Pack request, or for BG1NPC. I am sure someone has already asked for it: a "BG2/ToB-style Party Reform Tweak" - i.e. modify the BG1 NPC dialogs and scripts so that we can kick them from the party but have them stay put or meet us back at some defined location. Hate it when Viconia buggers off just because I talk to her.

This is already coded as an installable component in the next version of BG1NPC; if you would like to test it out right now, please PM or email me (cmorgan) :) !

Sweet!

Thanks, but I'll wait for the release version.

{EDIT: After Viccy for a while now I get a leaving option which allows me to rejoin with her (she definitely would leave before this time). Great! Don't know if that's current BG1NPC version or standard BG1 option - maybe works off of a timer? - but I'm happy I can get her back later.}

Guest shadowjcs

I was just finishing SOA and I realized that every time I see the end when Ellisime is giving her speech, she is not talking to the PC, but the fourth member of my party. It happens because of the placement of the party. It's not that big, but it bugs me. Maybe party placement could be 'tweaked'.

I've had Alora in my party for the first time eva', and I'm really liking her, thanks in big part to BG1NPC. I think she might start out as a NPC that is initially underpowered (e.g. Aerie), but can truly develop into a useful party member. I'm even considering transporting her into BG2 somehow.

After reading her bio and her character sketch, I think her stats are misplaced:

S D C I W Ch

8 19 12 14 7 10

Yes, Alora is a crack pickpocketer, but no way her Charisma is so low. If I'm reading her history right, she gets into trouble alot but gets out of trouble mostly thru her charm. She doesn't need high Dex just to pickpockets, just place more thieving points in Pickpocketing.

So my request is to have a tweak, similar to Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment, that changes Alora's stats to this:

S D C I W Ch

8 14 12 10 7 19

{I, like many others, can simply change this via I or Shadowkeeper. Just lookin' for another roleplaying tweak.}

Guest Guest_Himself_*

This one is a must!

The same way you dont forget how to survive (HP and saves), when you dual-class, its strange that you suddenly forget how to fight.

Is it possible to code so that when someone dual-classes, he keeps unforgetable things like proficiency stars? (I dont remember if lore is reseted too)

Having to reach a high level to get back proficiency is a pain, and if you spend points on the same proficiency, the ones you spent previously are lost.

Are the restored Bhaalspawn powers connected to the presence of the soul? If so, they should not be restored until after the party defeats Irenicus. Which would mean that if someone uses the final save to start ToB, they should be able to access those powers.

Guest Bangie
This one is a must!

The same way you dont forget how to survive (HP and saves), when you dual-class, its strange that you suddenly forget how to fight.

Is it possible to code so that when someone dual-classes, he keeps unforgetable things like proficiency stars? (I dont remember if lore is reseted too)

Having to reach a high level to get back proficiency is a pain, and if you spend points on the same proficiency, the ones you spent previously are lost.

I love this idea also, and in my opinion if it is possible it fits the definition of a "tweak" perfectly, for which people can decide if if it's a "must-have" or "too much", individually. To be honest, I never realized until now that you had to reach a high level again to get back those proficiencies! :suspect: But now knowing, I think it stinks.

My other suggestion, if it is possible, is to have an option in the NPC HP tweak to make it like the PC HP tweak- for the hitpoint gain to be done "NWN-style", where it's a random range between at least half and the maximum. I love being able to have my PC use that, so she's a little bit tougher, and would very much like to have it for my NPCs, too... but the only option right now is maximum hitpoints, and that seems like a little too much for me.

Thanks for all your hard work on this project! It is absolutely awesome, and I was thrilled to see it had a new release today. :down:

Archived