Photo

BAM format change in Enhanced Editions

16 replies to this topic

#16 Sam.

Sam.
  • Modders
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

0x000b 1 (unsigned byte) The compressed colour index for RLE encoded bams (ie. this is the colour that is compressed)

The transparency index is set to the first occurence of RGB(0,255,0). If RGB(0,255,0) does not exist in the palette then transparency index is set to 0

I haven't done exhaustive testing, but it seems the EE engine (and probably also ToB) do not like it when the RLEColorIndex is not zero (0).  The EE engine transforms the color of the RLEColorIndex into transparent (Green) while ToB renders it even more poorly.  There goes some potential compression...

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

Posted Image
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#17 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3725 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

I think, this is why i made 'order palette' functionality in DLTCEP :)  The transparent index is best left at 0.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users