Multiple Romances and Bodhi?

Hi, I'm playing BG2 with multiple romances from tweaks installed, and nothing kills a romance, and I currently have four different romances going.

I am starting to wonder what is going to happen when I get to Bodhi. Will she pick one of the four at random to vampirize? Or does she somehow vampirize all four of them? (Yikes - involuntary solo game.) Or does the whole game crash?

Also, I just got a dialogue with Anomen that refers to our having had sex, yet we never did. Does multiple romances work by cutting out all the sex scenes? If so, I'm not sure I want to play with it turned on.

The Anomen conversation that implies that you had sex was the IEP morning after banter. It's checking the wrong flag. They're aware of the problem, but it wouldn't hurt to mention it again. But no worries, that won't break the game.

Bodhi will only take one of your lovers, but it won't be random. It will be determined by whichever NPC is last in the dialogue state. If your list of romances includes mod-added ones, the last mod installed will be the one that gets kidnapped. Bodhi will ignore the rest.

Hello,

sorry for reviving this but it's the first topic that comes up if you google for "multiple romance bodhi bg2" so i thought i makes more sense to ask here then to open a new thread that won't be seen by too many having the same issue. Is there any CLUA or Shadowkeeper 'magic' to change this statement by berelinde "...the last mod installed will be the one that gets kidnapped. Bodhi will ignore the rest."

I have tyris flare installed and this is the 3rd time I'm going through the game. I probably won't do it again anytime soonish.. so i was wondering if i can change my savegame so that bodhi snatches another person.

i tried setting Tyris romanceactive variable to 3 but bodhi still takes her away... and the multiple romance mod apparently resets the romance value to 2 ( for the default bioware romances ) even if you set it to 3 with the clua console command. any help would be highly appreciated.

J_A_A

*EDIT* maybe i should have just used my brain instead of just going to the forums and asking away.. set the romanceactive variable of people you don't want to be 'abducted' by bodhi to 1 and reset their lovetalks to 1. once bodhi snatched your dedicated lover.. just reset the values to as they were before.

Ah.. so I've another question.

I'm in the Elven Palace in Suldanessellar. Before you go down the stairs.. you get to chat with all your companions. If you romance multiple people only with one of them you get to talk. (always the same person)

My first question is regarding Berelindes statement "It will be determined by whichever NPC is last in the dialogue state"

- What exactly is the "Dialogue state"?

I did some googleing and poking around with NI & DLTC and assume it has something to do with the DLG files? as browsing them with NE.. they seem to have states.

I imagine it to be something like the lovetalk progress.

- Where is this state stored / how can I modify it?

So I'd assume there's a variable in my savegame that indicates the state for each npc?

Jaheira has reached LT=71 and Viconia LT=77 so i'd assume Viconia is the one i get to talk to, but she's not. I even made the difference more drastic.. like 62 and 77 but still Jaheira gets the talk.. so I don't think it's the local variable lovetalk.

Reseting Viconias LT to 75 and then having the "last SOA talk" again" also does not seem to change anything.

Any hints on this would be appreciated.

J_A_A

I'm in the Elven Palace in Suldanessellar. Before you go down the stairs.. you get to chat with all your companions. If you romance multiple people only with one of them you get to talk. (always the same person)

My first question is regarding Berelindes statement "It will be determined by whichever NPC is last in the dialogue state"

I did some googleing and poking around with NI & DLTC and assume it has something to do with the DLG files? as browsing them with NE.. they seem to have states.

So I'd assume there's a variable in my savegame that indicates the state for each npc?

Jaheira has reached LT=71 and Viconia LT=77 so i'd assume Viconia is the one i get to talk to, but she's not. I even made the difference more drastic.. like 62 and 77 but still Jaheira gets the talk.. so I don't think it's the local variable lovetalk.

Reseting Viconias LT to 75 and then having the "last SOA talk" again" also does not seem to change anything.

J_A_A

If you use NI the tree of life dialogue in your example is in Player1,dlg.

The state is the initial line of that part of the dialogue, here we are in state 33 (~You turn and regard those who remain in your party. You feel a need, perhaps, to ascertain their loyalty, their friendship, or to offer a chance to reconsider.~)

You will also find a number of responses and the corresponding triggers for those. The responses are read one by one with only the ones found true for your party members taken into account, The game engine reads the valid responses from bottom to top and all those that pass the trigger test are displayed one by one.

In case of Bodhi, she will take the lover that is furthest at the bottom of the responses list (This is what Berelindes statement "It will be determined by whichever NPC is last in the dialogue state" meant to say).- you can determine the logic in Bodhiamb.dlg state 5 >>> look at the list of responses, forget about all that are not in your party and you can check who will be abducted (including the Globals that are really checked).

Unless you change the setting of those globals used in the responses the outcome is always the same. The only way to change the sequence in the dialogue logic would be modding the dialogue itself.

J_A_A

If you use NI the tree of life dialogue in your example is in Player1,dlg.

The state is the initial line of that part of the dialogue, here we are in state 33 (~You turn and regard those who remain in your party. You feel a need, perhaps, to ascertain their loyalty, their friendship, or to offer a chance to reconsider.~)

You will also find a number of responses and the corresponding triggers for those. The responses are read one by one with only the ones found true for your party members taken into account, The game engine reads the valid responses from bottom to top and all those that pass the trigger test are displayed one by one.

In case of Bodhi, she will take the lover that is furthest at the bottom of the responses list (This is what Berelindes statement "It will be determined by whichever NPC is last in the dialogue state" meant to say).- you can determine the logic in Bodhiamb.dlg state 5 >>> look at the list of responses, forget about all that are not in your party and you can check who will be abducted (including the Globals that are really checked).

Unless you change the setting of those globals used in the responses the outcome is always the same. The only way to change the sequence in the dialogue logic would be modding the dialogue itself.

PS If you want to have another but Tyris to be abducted you need to change the trigger in the Bodhiamb.dlg to something else

OR(2)

!InParty("FHFRN")

!Global("FHFarenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

OR(2)

!InParty("Nath")

!Global("NathRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

OR(2)

!InParty("J#Kelsey")

!Global("J#KelseyRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

OR(2)

!InParty("c-aran")

!Global("c-aranrom","GLOBAL",2)

Global("GI#TF.BodhiAbduction1","GLOBAL",0)

Global("G#TF.TyrisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) >>>> with NI and dlg in edit mode change Global("G#TF.TyrisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",9) (this condition can never be true, Tyris will be skipped and the next in line - if any - will be taken by Bodhi) >> save and try

InParty("G#Tyris")

understood. So Jaheira gets picked (in the Temple stairs talk) because she happens to be the first 'state' that is checked in the "player1.dlg". The "bodiamd.dlg" has OR statements.. so i assume that'S why the rest are ignored.

But there don't seem to be any OR statements in player1.dlg for the "stairs" talk (state 34. 33 is when you are alone)..

So I'm wondering why it goes through all "unromanced" people but only ONE romanced person. Shouldn't there be a trigger for this? (State 50,51...)

Thank you very much for helping me.

J_A_A

understood. So Jaheira gets picked (in the Temple stairs talk) because she happens to be the first 'state' that is checked in the "player1.dlg". The "bodiamd.dlg" has OR statements.. so i assume that'S why the rest are ignored.

But there don't seem to be any OR statements in player1.dlg for the "stairs" talk (state 34. 33 is when you are alone)..

So I'm wondering why it goes through all "unromanced" people but only ONE romanced person. Shouldn't there be a trigger for this? (State 50,51...)

Thank you very much for helping me.

J_A_A

This is not something to be analysed from afar, since your dialogue and mine (for those heavily modded cases like Stairs and Abduction) may look quite differently due to the fact that we may have different mods installed. I can only roughly sketch the principles of how it works.

By the way, the OR statements are checked internally within one given trigger block only and do not affect the next trigger unless the interject that fires takes you out of the loop (like in Abduction - once one NPC is abducted, the rest is not considered as the scene ends).

AYE... Some serious brain bending is required to follow up a dialogue with NI.. jeez.. it 'only' took me 15 NI windows to track the dialogue jumping from mazzy to jaheira..

So basically it's fairly easy NOT to skip your other lovers. (doing it like this is static and probably ignores a few conditions so probably only works correctly with these people/lovers)

- Remember what your lover said last. (in my case jaheira "Let us regain your soul and make you whole again. And what comes after... comes after. I look forward to it... should the gods prove willing."

- Look up this response in the corresponding .DLG File (they all seem to end with a J.. JAHEIRAJ, VICONIAJ,..."

- Now follow that response trigger

- Once found you will see it will jump back to PLAYER1.DLG to dialogue state 53. (Next Dialogue: PLAYER1.DLG & Next Dialogue State: 53)

-- This Dialogue is the one that says "There is nothing more to be said. Without a further word, you turn grimly back to the stairs before you. Your soul awaits." which concludes the dialogue.

- So what you want to do is.. change this response trigger 'Next dialogue state 53' to a state of another lover. (In my case i changed it to 'Next dialogue state' 50 for Viconia)

result LINK

Thanks for the help!

J_A_A

AYE... Some serious brain bending is required to follow up a dialogue with NI.. jeez.. it 'only' took me 15 NI windows to track the dialogue jumping from mazzy to jaheira..

So basically it's fairly easy NOT to skip your other lovers. (doing it like this is static and probably ignores a few conditions so probably only works correctly with these people/lovers)

- Remember what your lover said last. (in my case jaheira "Let us regain your soul and make you whole again. And what comes after... comes after. I look forward to it... should the gods prove willing."

- Look up this response in the corresponding .DLG File (they all seem to end with a J.. JAHEIRAJ, VICONIAJ,..."

- Now follow that response trigger

- Once found you will see it will jump back to PLAYER1.DLG to dialogue state 53. (Next Dialogue: PLAYER1.DLG & Next Dialogue State: 53)

-- This Dialogue is the one that says "There is nothing more to be said. Without a further word, you turn grimly back to the stairs before you. Your soul awaits." which concludes the dialogue.

- So what you want to do is.. change this response trigger 'Next dialogue state 53' to a state of another lover. (In my case i changed it to 'Next dialogue state' 50 for Viconia)

result LINK

Thanks for the help!

J_A_A

It is not easy to follow dialogues once they are compiled into the game as a CHAIN is then split to the various involved dialogues. NI is not ideal for that, you need to jump between dialogues. Another way is to Weidu the involved dialogues from dlg to d files which you can read in any text editor - you also get a clear indication which is the corresponding state in the other dialogue.

Not all dialogues are monsters like that - Fate Spirit and Solar at ToB end, the Tree of Life stairs and Bodhi - here each and every NPC possible in the game want to have their turn (and you can only hope the modder did it right, a mistake here really can ruin your game).

thanks for the advice. In case i do some more adjustments to other dialogue bits i'll heed your advice and try my luck with weidu. But currently I'm already like "But why" did i invest so much time understanding & changing this part of the dialogue when i could have just killed all other npcs or disable their romance to see the dialogues i have missed. I guess it was part ambition and curiosity but also that i initially thought there might have been a variable set in the process that changes the outcome (which wasn't the case).

Thanks again for giving me the hints to solve it.

hah .. joke is on me. after clearing the fire giant temple I again thought about that 'gorion' encounter. At first i thought it's a special thing of tyris.. as i've modified all of her soundfiles (download in her subforum) i knew the lines and back then assumed it was a special encounter just for her.. but now thinking about it.. i wasn't sure anymore. So i looked up a walk through and there it was.. it's another flexible romance encounter! and to make things worse.. i didn't had a savegame before that particular encounter... so i had to go a bit further back.. and alas.. Gromnir il-kahn and all the other enemies never knew what hit them.. ( CNTRL-Y *cough* )

So i heeded your advice and decompiled the dlg files with weidu (again it's all in the ....J.dlg files) and adjusted the EXTERN pointers to my other lovers. which worked fairly ok... it only took me an hour before i realized weidu doesn't put them in \override and thus i never saw an effect to my changes ^^

the problem tho is.. viconia and jaheira share one variable.. "lovedone"

Tyris is cool.. she has her own variable so her dialogue fires regardless.. but for viconia and jaheira i had to flip the lovedone global and do some clua magic.. shame.. as i presume there's some more editing for me to do ahead to really experience these 3 romances in this playthrough.

sooo my questionions are:

a) can i get away like this till the end or will i eventually have to decide between jaheira and viconia at the very end?

b) what is the variable Lovetrigger for?

J_A_A

hah .. joke is on me. after clearing the fire giant temple I again thought about that 'gorion' encounter. At first i thought it's a special thing of tyris.. as i've modified all of her soundfiles (download in her subforum) i knew the lines and back then assumed it was a special encounter just for her.. but now thinking about it.. i wasn't sure anymore. So i looked up a walk through and there it was.. it's another flexible romance encounter! and to make things worse.. i didn't had a savegame before that particular encounter... so i had to go a bit further back.. and alas.. Gromnir il-kahn and all the other enemies never knew what hit them.. ( CNTRL-Y *cough* )

So i heeded your advice and decompiled the dlg files with weidu (again it's all in the ....J.dlg files) and adjusted the EXTERN pointers to my other lovers. which worked fairly ok... it only took me an hour before i realized weidu doesn't put them in \override and thus i never saw an effect to my changes ^^

the problem tho is.. viconia and jaheira share one variable.. "lovedone"

Tyris is cool.. she has her own variable so her dialogue fires regardless.. but for viconia and jaheira i had to flip the lovedone global and do some clua magic.. shame.. as i presume there's some more editing for me to do ahead to really experience these 3 romances in this playthrough.

sooo my questionions are:

a) can i get away like this till the end or will i eventually have to decide between jaheira and viconia at the very end?

b) what is the variable Lovetrigger for?

J_A_A

a) Lovedone, for Jaheira it is =2, Viconia=3 Aerie=1, Anomen=4, Tyris=N/A, same for some others that have their own yyy_lovedone.

However it is only checked for extended lovetalks in ToB

So you can set (after Gorion)

SetGlobal("ExpLoveTalk","LOCALS",4) for both Jaheira and Viconia (simply with Clua in game and having the mouse over Viconia+enter and then again for Jaheira)

b) Lovetrigger? Never seen this.

For multiple romances you can next time install BG2_Tweaks mod component 3183 - I am not sure if it is feasible to do that late in the game still. (BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3183 // Romance Cheats: v16)

a) yes i've learned about the lovedone variable (from here ). But it's not just about continuing the romance. I also want to see the dialogues for these npcs in encounters like "the gorion encounter" so setting the explovetalk doesn't quite do that. The way i did it there also made the ExpLoveTalk progress "naturally" (as in "in don'T have to check what value i have to set")

I installed the multiple romances mod from the tweakpack.. thus i'm even posting here :p but i'm not sure it works properly for TOB. (or maybe not for the EE edition) considering the Lovedone variable.. i doubt it does without extensive script changes.

Archived