Does this mod has any other maintainer than CamDawg who is MIA?

K4thos

I'm trying to contact with CamDawg but it looks like he is missing in action. I'd like to request an official update for this mod using the code changes that I've made to make it compatible with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET in short). Not necessarily now, but I would be more calm if the future updates to this mod will be done with these changes implemented, so I won't need to add them again.

Here is my PM that I've sent him 2 weeks ago:

Hello,

I'd like to request an update for BG2 Tweaks to make it compatible with EET. Don't worry, you don't need to change anything, I've made changes to the code myself :) Here is a package only with changed files (also with updated readme with v17 change log): https://www.sendspace.com/file/udljod

Not sure if you are aware what EET is. If no, than you can find some information in this topic. Unfortunately the readme file that is linked there is very outdated. For example info about going back to old areas via teleportation spell is all wrong (since patch 1.3 for BG2:EE, EET has now native support for going back to BG1 areas). Still haven't finished the proper readme and documentation yet.

In short EET is something like BGT, but for EE games. In future it will aim to also merge in Adventure Y and use it as a transition between games. All conversion is done "on the fly", so it can provide limited support for mods installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE. And thanks to this approach I also don't need to worry about new Beamdog patches, as the mod don't come with pre-made files that could become obsolete. Currently the mod is not released yet due to problems with broken water (Crevs Daak is working on a tool that will be able to unpack PVRZ files, so it will be probably fixed soon) although there are few people that already test it.

Why do I request EET support in BG2 Tweaks? Well, your tweak mod is considered essential part of the game, so it would be silly to release EET without bg2tweaks support.

Even though the documentation is not ready yet, as you can see in the tp2 code EET follows very simple naming convention:

- all BG:EE areas resources (ARE, WED, BCS, TIS, MOS, BMP) uses BG instead of AR prefix (rest of the name remains the same)

- Spells from BG:EE that conflicts with BG2:EE has now BG prefix that replaces SP vanilla one (this way they are still 7 character long and don't conlict with Opcode #172)

- other BG:EE resources that conflicts with BG2:EE have "_" at th end (only 3 exceptions due to 8 characters limit: skelwa02.cre -> skelwa2_.cre, skelwa03.cre -> skelwa3_.cre, undeadam.eff -> undeada_.eff. Also)

And this is pretty much it. cpmvars variable libraries (known from BG1NPC Project) and custom PCU dictionaries are ready to make modders life a little easier. Pretty much nothing has been changed in BG2 portion of the game, so for BG2 mods adding compatibility usually means just adding ~eet~ to GAME_IS weidu command if it is used. In case of bg2tweaks it needed a little more work due to how comprehensive it is.

EET Github page: https://github.com/K4thos/EET

here is a html file that lists all changes that I've made to setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2: https://www.sendspace.com/file/15lpkc

If the mod has other maintainers than CamDawg than please let me know if these changes will be accepted.

Okay, I want to know more about this EET!

The Enhanced Edition Trilogy, available at right here(the same link is in the above post too). You of course need the BG1EE and BG2EE for now(as K4thos also intends to add the BG:SoDS when it's available to it). And the file size is rather large(still at 491MBs). And you could look into K4thos profile here, in SHSforums and in PPG to find out a bit more.

Archived