Compatibility with 2.0 patch ?

Onox

Hi,

Does the tweak pack work with the new v2.0 patch for BG2EE ? I am in the middle of a game and thought I had better not upgrade yet, as the new version introduces new bugs too, but on the other hand it has some fixes and new features I want (especially the ability to put a ranged weapon in the quick slots and an off-hand at the same time)

If you can hold out a it longer, I've got some time blocked out this weekend. The plan is to round up all the stuff reported since the last Anthology beta, fix it, and put out a new beta. The main reason I'm not going to v1 yet is that I'd like to hold out just a smidge longer to get WeiDU v240 and do all my GAME_IS ~sod~ junk in one pass.

I'll wait then :) I don't know you but I would like to thank you for your continued involvement and all you have done for this game. I had not played in a long time, in fact I have never completed BG2 yet (but completed the 1 many times :)), and I feel like I'm at the beginning of a resurgence in my interest in Baldur's Gate

What is this "GAME_IS ~sod~ junk" you are referring to ? Are they conditions in the code to apply things to only to Siege of Dragonspear ?

Right now, any mod component looking for GAME_IS ~bgee~ will return true on both BGEE and SoD. So you can install any BGEE mod onto SoD and it should work fine.

But soon, with Weidu v240, the code will distinguish between BGEE and SoD. At that point, any mods that only specific ~bgee~ will not install on SoD. They will have to be updated to check for GAME_IS ~bgee sod~.

I know what you're thinking: why don't modders start doing that now, so everything is all set when Weidu 240 hits? Well, because if any mod checks for ~bgee sod~ right now with Weidu 239, it won't install *anywhere* because ~sod~ is unrecognized and Weidu chokes.

So, we are guaranteed to have a small window in which nothing works. But happily, this issue will be alleviated for future Weidu updates. Progress!

I know what you're thinking: why don't modders start doing that now, so everything is all set when Weidu 240 hits? Well, because if any mod checks for ~bgee sod~ right now with Weidu 239, it won't install *anywhere* because ~sod~ is unrecognized and Weidu chokes.

Or you could just properly execute the check by using:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME monkfist.2da BEGIN // "Rule" file as-of-yet unique to EE games

Well it's a question of SoD, so really you should look at bd1000.are. But that's even more of a pain in the neck to add -

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~~) OR (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~~)
...and a few days later Weidu 240 will come out and you'll end up going back in and changing it all again.

Well NO. See, you don't have to update that cause the check in my post is for all EE games, so you don't have to change it when vXYZ.00 Weidu.exe comes out... ever. See, it's stolen from Wisp's EE kit function... in case you failed to see where it came from. :p

Oh, I see what you're saying. Still, I have a bunch of stuff that needs to go in BGEE/SoD but not in BG2EE or IWDEE. So there still needs to be a way to distinguish between them.

Well you can use the SoD check variable even in v23900... by checking the bd1000.are's existence. Link post 3.

Archived