Bug reports in v30

I'd happily install the version of SCS1 the preceded the SCS1-SCS2 unification if it were still available for download! As it is I'm stuck.

It's still available here. Just look at the old files(Previous Versions), one of them is SCSI v21, yes, there's also old SCSII's and the new v23-30 ... just go to the Sword Coast Stratagems (Windows) v21 and push the red download button, it will link you to the file.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Before I dive into posting an actual bug report replete with debug and my WeiDU log and all that, is SCS compatible with the new beta for Divine Remix? SCS v30 hung up on the HLA innate change which was frustrating but I figured I'd power through, but then I got to the AI improvements and it freaked out there as well. Nothing else I have installed should have modified spells extensively (I installed TobEX, but I can't imagine that would be a problem).

Big World folks have been claiming for some time that SCS component 8050 Improved Random Encounters is incompatible with Ding0 Quest Pack component 'Miscellaneous Enhancements'. I've never seen anyone report such is the case in either Quest Pack's or Stratagem's forums.

Can anyone confirm whether there's any truth to this?

Edited by ithildurnew

Minor quibble perhaps, but with the 'Replace many +1 magical weapons with Fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis' component installed, it looks like 'Excellent' long bows have a +1 bonus to damage when the standard +1 versions do not, making it identical as far as stats to Excellent Composite long bows (other than not requiring 18 STR and being 50 gp cheaper in spite of greater utility as a result of not requiring 18STR). Aside from variance from the original versions, it seems like it contradicts the whole idea that the composite version does more damage due to greater pull/requiring greater STR.

[edit, I suppose if the excellent versions of +1 weapons are by design intended to retain the +1 to damage (it seems they are), it's really the other way around, excellent compound longbows missing an additional +1 to dmg rather than excellent longbows getting an extra +1]

I'm also experiencing fine/excellent weapons breaking during iron crisis even though the above is installed, though that may be due to my installing this particular component quite later on, apart from the rest of SCS components.

Re-checked; it seems excellent weapons break regardless of install order and whether options to not break or break are selected. They also display the wrong string ('paralyzation aura') over effected party member (rather than 'my weapon has broken!').

The error can be verified by taking a peak at dplayer2.bcs; my guess is the 'excellent weapons do not break' section of the tp2 needs to be tweaked.

Edited by ithildurnew

Big World folks have been claiming for some time that SCS component 8050 Improved Random Encounters is incompatible with Ding0 Quest Pack component 'Miscellaneous Enhancements'. I've never seen anyone report such is the case in either Quest Pack's or Stratagem's forums.

I vaguely remember David once said SCS was compatible with SimDings QP. David did some work making SCS & QP compatible. That's ages ago however.

I myself have never witnessed incompatabilities between those two specific parts of QP and SCS. That doesn't necessarily mean they are compatible.

I used both several times, no issues at all. You get QP creatures + SCS AI on them.

Not sure if this is a bug, exactly, but I have a save where the Warden of the planar prison often summons a fiend (a Glabrezu) without having 'protection from evil' applied. It generally turns out badly for him (and according to the combat log, he doesn't fight back). It's part of a chain contingency which activates when he sees my party.

Also, he never seems to chase me if I back away a few metres after he sees me. If I wanted I could just let all his protections run out.

Edited by Simon280586

"Treat HLA as innates" doesn't seem to be working. I'm actually running SCS v28 with Mad Mate's fix 1.6. But seeing that it's not mentioned in the changelog, the bug is probably still there. Someone with a fresh v30 installation could probably confirm or refute.

The issue is exactly as described here: fighter and thief HLA are ok, mage extra spell slots are ok, but neither mage nor cleric HLA spells appear in the spellbook, or special abilities menu, even after rest.

"Treat HLA as innates" doesn't seem to be working.

I am not sure that that's not just a misnomer, as it might have better be named as "The AI Treats HLA as innates" and thus gains more 9th level spells to cast... instead of just 10th.
I am not sure that that's not just a misnomer, as it might have better be named as "The AI Treats HLA as innates" and thus gains more 9th level spells to cast... instead of just 10th.

Misnomer or not, but unless it's meant to deprive player of caster HLA's, it's a bug.

There seems to be an error with cleric scripts compiling somewhere. Not only do they get FoD, but will never use Blade Barrier spell.

This gets compiled, NI reports it as a missing resource:

ReallyForceSpellRES("%NPC_BLADE_BARRIER_PREBUFF%",Myself)

kreso, that was bug in v29, corrected in v30.

Can you tell me which priest uses FoD? I can't find any priest, lower of level 12, that uses it, in my install.

It's still there. Just check Stalman's script, you'll see the "warning" sign.

As per priests, the cleric in Suna ambush casts it, as do random Hobgoblin shamans.

It's still there. Just check Stalman's script, you'll see the "warning" sign.

As per priests, the cleric in Suna ambush casts it, as do random Hobgoblin shamans.

I checked Stalman script, and in my install it is correctly compiled. I'll put his script in attach so you can check it.

And I found out about Suna ambush priest. It is RETHUG03.CRE, but creature (in my install) don't have FoD memorized, so it shouldn't fire.

In his script there are these multiple blocks with FoD, but they require creature have FoD among his spells:

IF

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("castspell","LOCALS")

Global("shapeshift","LOCALS",0)

HaveSpell(CLERIC_FINGER_OF_DEATH) // SPPR708.SPL (Finger of Death)

!StateCheck([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],STATE_NOT_VISIBLE)

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],0,SANCTUARY)

CheckStatLT(Myself,50,SPELLFAILUREPRIEST)

!CheckStat([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],2,WIZARD_SPELL_TRAP)

See([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF])

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],99,RESISTMAGIC)

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],0,WIZARD_SPELL_DEFLECTION)

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],0,WIZARD_SPELL_TURNING)

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],0,WIZARD_SPELL_TRAP)

!CheckStat([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],1,CLERIC_SHIELD_OF_THE_ARCHONS)

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],0,SCRIPTINGSTATE2)

OR(2)

GlobalTimerNotExpired("seedefences","LOCALS")

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],0,DW_ITEM_SLAY)

!CheckStat([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],7,WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY)

Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)

!Allegiance([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],ENEMY)

!CheckStatGT([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],50,RESISTMAGIC)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobalTimer("castspell","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND)

Spell([PC.0.0.FIGHTER_THIEF],CLERIC_FINGER_OF_DEATH) // SPPR708.SPL (Finger of Death)

RESPONSE #300

Continue()

END

Stalman.rar

RETHUG03.rar

Edited by Mad Mate