Here are some possible FAQs but feel free to add more if there is a question not here but you think should be answered.

Current Build: Alpha 14. We have also for the most part, completed the new GUI add on.

Weidu?

Yes.

Requirements?

Our current builds use EasyTutu. We have BG1 and BG2 full installations.

Story?

The mod takes place thirty years after ToB. There are 4 planned chapters currently.

NPCs? You said there were NPCs.

Yeah, there are 6 new ones. You can find out more about them on the mod's webpage.

Romanz?

At least three of the NPCs will have a romance (or something) of sorts. This may change.

Exactly how far along are you guys? Is this for real or will it end up in the trash?

Total Conversions are very big projects in terms of writing and coding. Considering development has only been going on for a couple months, we've gotten a lot done.

What the hell is this about a GUI change?

We decided that as long as we were changing everything else, it might be fun to have a new GUI. The artwork itself is basically the same, but we've given it a darker, more faded look.

What?! I like the BG GUI! Don't go changing it on me! Also, why would you needlessly add an extra 40mb to the mod install?

Don't worry. The GUI will be a separate install from the mod. We're doing our best to keep the download size of the TC a reasonable amount.

Beta Testers?

Not yet. But we will call for them when the time comes.

Can I help?

We would prefer the writing to be consistent throughout the mod but we welcome ideas for non plot-related subquests, so long as they take place in the Sword Coast. We may also be looking for voicers but again, when the time comes.

I don't see my question here.

Post it. One of us will answer it.

Wow! You guys seem to have done a lot of work already.

Will you tell us just a little more about the story? I guess I'm not alone who is curious about whether the protagonist is a Bhaalspawn or a new person--whether we'll see some of the old characters there--and whether there are any ties with the Baldur's Gate Saga. Not "Will Jaheira be in my party?" but rather "Hey, maybe we'll see Tiax frolicking out there somewhere, still planning to rule all! Or Quayle's circus, or?.."

Wow! You guys seem to have done a lot of work already.

Will you tell us just a little more about the story? I guess I'm not alone who is curious about whether the protagonist is a Bhaalspawn or a new person--whether we'll see some of the old characters there--and whether there are any ties with the Baldur's Gate Saga. Not "Will Jaheira be in my party?" but rather "Hey, maybe we'll see Tiax frolicking out there somewhere, still planning to rule all! Or Quayle's circus, or?.."

Well, I don't want to give too much away but as we said it is thirty years after ToB and it is directly connected to the BG saga. The protagonist is not a Bhaalspawn, though you may see some familiar faces.

Basically, Baldur's Gate as well as the Sword Coast has become under a semi-tyrannical rule. One of the grand dukes who run the city did some not so great things, and an organization has approached you about getting things back to the way they were after Sarevok was killed. Since BG is a major city, everything that happens there affects the Sword Coast in one way or another.

Now, you can help or hinder this organization, and there are a number of things that need to be done so it's not purely "Go kill this guy, get me that necklace" Fed Ex stuff. We're trying to leave as much room for role playing as possible and not make it seem like the player has only one path to follow. We also don't want to assume too much of the Bhaalspawn in the BG saga (we already did a lot by saying they remained a mortal).

I hope that helped.

This sounds great, look forward to it!

Glad you've avoided the option of importing your demigod ToB character, level 40 characters get pretty old fast and the "OH NOES I HAVE AMNESIA SO AM NOW LEVEL 1" approach isn't much better.

A few questions:

-any estimate of how long it will be/level cap (same as BG1 ToTSC?)/number of areas? eg. ToTSC/ToB sort of size?

-will it have a separate install (actually this is more a request for a "separate install" option so we don't need to mess with our Easytutu installation :) )

-is it restricted to BG1 areas or will there be any forays down to Amn etc?

So this is 30 years on, making the bhaalspawn about 45-50 if s/he is even still alive, So they can't be the main character (Which you have said). So I would guess that you get to play their child? Age is about right, 5 or 10 years after giving up godhood, the bhaalspawn would have a child making it 20-25. Or if you went for the Aerie romance, she was pregnant by the end of the game. (Which confused me no end the first time I played BG2, no idea how it happened.)

Edited by MichaelFurlong
-will it have a separate install (actually this is more a request for a "separate install" option so we don't need to mess with our Easytutu installation :p )

Make a copy of your EasyTutu folder. :p

We intend for the mod be installed on an existing installation. Right now, EasyTutu with TotSC is mandatory. We could potentially just require a BG2 install, but this would mean including the area files in our download and running into both download size and copyright issues, so the Tutu requirement is likely to stay.

-is it restricted to BG1 areas or will there be any forays down to Amn etc?

We will probably be sticking to a subset of BG1 areas. Mostly because BG1 is awesome.

How will the map system work? I'm guessing only the areas that you've made changes to will be visitable (?) destinations.

Oh, and are you actually making any changes to the areas themselves, or are you just using them as they are, and editing dialogue (and such)?

In the course of about 30 seconds, you guys have brightened my day, and got me buzzing about a mod I had no idea was in development. Good luck to you both.

How will the map system work? I'm guessing only the areas that you've made changes to will be visitable (?) destinations.

Pretty much. The way we have things set up, we don't have to work very hard to 'add' areas. When we decide we are definitely not going to use an area, then we'll remove it.

Oh, and are you actually making any changes to the areas themselves, or are you just using them as they are, and editing dialogue (and such)?

The graphics and physical characteristics (doors, containers, etc.) are the only things I think are staying. The actors will all be brand new, though familiar faces may make an appearance.

In the course of about 30 seconds, you guys have brightened my day, and got me buzzing about a mod I had no idea was in development. Good luck to you both.

Thanks for the encouragement! That goes for everyone.

Wow! I just got a tingle of excitement about playing BG that I haven't felt in a long time. This project looks great. :p

We also don't want to assume too much of the Bhaalspawn in the BG saga (we already did a lot by saying they remained a mortal).

The Bhaalspawn remaining mortal fits in totally with my playing style. I could never bring myself to even explore the ascension ending.

I was wondering though will there be any assumption made about the Bhaalspawn's gender?

NO MORE PLOT REVELATIONS, please!

I for one want to see more plot revelations. Maybe a spoiler tagged thread to reveal the occasional morsel?

Anyway, good luck!

Edited by KIrving
Now, as this is a TC, we shouldn't need any other mods but the EasyTutu, but are there some that won't be compatible with it in this list, if installed after the Shadow Hand TC, except the NPCs. Spell revision. :p

It really depends on the mod and how it is programmed (and not in a "good" versus "bad" way). Some of those mods (like NPCs and quests) will not be compatible simply because of what they're trying to do.

Those who can read .tp2 files can take the knowledge that this mod will be using custom area, script, creature, item, dialogue, etc. files and reasonably determine whether certain existing mods would work with it.

Edited by Mike1072