Some questions to BGQE

Thanks! The rep increase in addition to the XP is the most you can get, yes (there are reply options where the rep increase is not granted, in case someone doesn't want any, btw). And no, Sarah won't put on her coat. :)

Understood! thank you.

By the way, after redoing the family treasure quest in Beregost, I would like to know why you didn't decide for an additional +1 rep point if you also give the necklace to the daughter of the family.

I mean, that's what I did:

+1 for giving the necklace to the daughter

why no +1 for giving 600 gp?

In one of the threads in this forum there is a long discussion about rep points and that BGQE add(ed) too much etcpp. (for example, here). For the family, I decided that the Dudleys are a proud couple. They won't talk about what you did for them. But for giving the necklace after buying it for the gold, I decided the player really wants to play good and deserves a rep increase. :)

EDIT: Made this an own thread.

Another question: I think I managed to talk Uguth into going to actually talk to his girlfriend (their relationship having been conducted previously by letter). He left the Elfsong tavern, I got a few hundred XP - where did he go, or does some time have to pass before the next thing happens, or is that it?

That's basically it, yes. After three days, you'll hear a rumor about an orc attack onto the house of the family... If your PC will go to check it will turn out to be a *slight* misunderstanding combined with exaggeration.

It's been way more than three days (in-game) and still no such rumour - where should I hear that rumour? Like, which location, from whom, do I just talk to normal commoners or does somebody come up and talk to me?

It's been way more than three days (in-game) and still no such rumour - where should I hear that rumour? Like, which location, from whom, do I just talk to normal commoners or does somebody come up and talk to me?

It happens in one of the Baldur Gate City outdoor areas during daytime - someone comes up to you and tells you the rumour (+ you get a journal entry.)

Thanks. It's not happening, and I can't find *any* journal entry for Uguth at all - not in Quests, not in Done Quests, not in any chapter (chapter 1 where I first met him on the way to Nashkel, or chapter 5 when I met him again in the Elfsong), under any name. I got a few hundred XP, he walked out, nothing in the journal to indicate he ever existed. Is there anything I can do, or any creature I can spawn (playing Tutu by the way, not vanilla BG1)? Is there even a variable I can check to see if the actual quest state is in a correct form?

Three ingame days after Uguth got the courage and went to his fiancée, a man ("peasant") will spawn in NE, N, NW, W, or Central Baldur's Gate, who will approach the PC and tell him about an ork attack in East Baldur's Gate, giving a journal entry.

There, in %EBaldursGate_House6_L1% (FW0801 for Tutu) will be the family of the fiancée, and by talking to the father, the quest will be closed with according journal entry.

The peasant's cre name for cheating is "c#q07005". You don't need to set a variable to talk to him.

And yes, the quest is scarce with journal entries. There are none for the interactions with Uguth. I think when I wrote it I didn't want to spam the journal with "I met x in y" entries and then the encounter grew, but I agree that some sort of encounter status update would be helpful.

I've got a question about the "A warm place for Noober" quest. I have no idea who is supposed to take him in. The innkeeper at the Nashkel inn doesn't like him (he says that he's happy Noober can't afford his inn) and no building in Nashkel seems to have a Noober dialogue option.

I've got a question about the "A warm place for Noober" quest. I have no idea who is supposed to take him in. The innkeeper at the Nashkel inn doesn't like him (he says that he's happy Noober can't afford his inn) and no building in Nashkel seems to have a Noober dialogue option.

The widow in the house NE of the bridge. The one with the lost husband whose ring you find in the mines.

Archived