Protagonist Can Die

Hey, quick question. If I turn this ON would it cause any issues? I mean, I wouldn't finish a battle with CHARNAME dead, and I wouldn't try to initiate cutscenes with him dead. This is more because I end up almost winning a battle but then a targeted spell takes him out and I end up losing when I could just resurrect him.

Any long-term nasty stuff I need to know before turning this on?

I never use it myself, so I cannot answer your question.

BUT

From an older discussion with k4thos I know that there is a global you can set to disable it in game.

This means, that you can just go ahead and use it and if you run into trouble you can disable it with setting that global with console.

If needed I can look up that global, so no need to worry.

Edited by Roxanne

I did a full run with a mod that does that in BGT and a full run with this component of EET_Tweaks in an old version of EET (without SoD) and, AFAIR, I had no problem.

Edit : save often, and, on different files.

Edited by Fouinto

Awesome, thanks Fouinto! I save often already so it's all good.

I never ragequit games, but the fight with the halfling mage in the Planar Sphere where he was Near Dead and then killed CHARNAME nearly made me do it, lol. We were fighting that battle for almost an hour trying to win and had to keep re-loading. One of the things I notice about the AI improvements in SCS and what not is that they tend to target the main character at times, even if he/she isn't the most dangerous. My little Gnome Mage/Thief was away from combat minding his business and the mage felt the need to ignore the Cavalier with the Flail of Ages +3 to throw a spell at the little gnome and instakill him. Turning this feature on should protect against that at least. :)

Also some slightly weird balance issues in the game when your MAINCHAR is a mage/low HP character. Kind of interesting to see how that impacts the base game since that character can't die without it being a game over. A 32 HP character vs. a 100 HP character is obviously a bit different there.

Edited by fluent