IR v3 Feedback

Demivrgvs

Guest Guest_NineCoronas_*

I can confirm the amulet/ring prices being wildly mismatched.

Also, random nitpick, but Thieves can already use Wand of Missiles, and I've noticed that after 'Thieves can use wands' was installed in the description it lists them twice.

Hay guys,

I don't know how possible this is to mod,

But when you equip an item (or shapeshift, or use a spell) that alters your ability score(s) it turns that ability score red doesn't it?

Is there any way of making that colour green, promoting the idea that it's a beneficial change, then by making negative affects red as they originally were? Pretty much just like in 3rd edition DnD video games.

I hope that makes sense ....

Edit: in regards to the prices of rings and amulets of protection +1, I can also confirm that the necklace was much cheaper than the ring.

I can confirm the amulet/ring prices being wildly mismatched.
I don't understand I just checked again and they all share a base 1k gp price. I'll look into it again tonight to see if the uploaded files doesn't match my installed ones.

Also, random nitpick, but Thieves can already use Wand of Missiles, and I've noticed that after 'Thieves can use wands' was installed in the description it lists them twice.
I'll remind it out to Ardanis as soon as I hear him.

But when you equip an item (or shapeshift, or use a spell) that alters your ability score(s) it turns that ability score red doesn't it?

That's beyond my coding skill...sounds like you need a good hacker like A64 at SHS for this kind of things.

Is there any way of making that colour green, promoting the idea that it's a beneficial change, then by making negative affects red as they originally were? Pretty much just like in 3rd edition DnD video games.

I hope that makes sense ....

That's beyond my coding skill...sounds like you need a good hacker like A64 at SHS for this kind of things.
Ouh, Demi and your miss quote...

But the statistical opcodes have this in common:

#44 (0x02C) Stat: Strength Modifier [44]

Parameter #1: Statistic Modifier

Parameter #2: Type

Description:

Applies the modifier value specified by the 'Statistic Modifier' field in the style specified by the 'Type' field.

Known values for 'Type' are:

0 Cumulative Modifier -> Strength = Strength + 'Statistic Modifier' value

1 Flat Value Modifier -> Strength = 'Statistic Modifier' value

2 Percentage Modifier -> Strength = (Strength * 'Statistic Modifier' value) / 100

'Statistic Modifier' can be positive or negative.

With a Timing Modes of Permanent or Delayed, if 'Type' is 0 and 'Statistic Modifier' is positive, the statistic will alter and remain shown in white text, and a message 'Strength raised permanently' will be shown.

With a Timing Modes of Permanent or Delayed, if 'Type' is 1 or 2, or 'Statistic Modifier' is negative, the statistic will alter and remain shown in white text, though no message is shown.

With all other Timing Modes, the statistic will alter and be shown in red text.

So the red text is there to indicate that the effect is temporary. It might be fun to have green though... the Type field is a dword as a datatype, which allows it to have a many more types than 0-2... so in my view this is completely doable in the TobEx... you just have to request it...

I don't understand I ju checked again and they all share a base 1k gp price. I'll look into it again tonight to see if the uploaded files doesn't match my installed ones.
There's also a possibility that your version of the item ... coming from a slightly different background(... Italian...) of the base game could interferer. Or not. But this is sometimes the case with the Original Saga & the patched 6CD version of the BG1 when it's converted to BGT or Tutu.
Ouh, Demi and your miss quote...
Eh? :D

But ... in my view this is completely doable in the TobEx... you just have to request it...
So, you wrote a huge post to end up with my very same conclusion: go ask to A64 at SHS. :)

I don't understand I ju checked again and they all share a base 1k gp price. I'll look into it again tonight to see if the uploaded files doesn't match my installed ones.
There's also a possibility that your version of the item ... coming from a slightly different background(... Italian...) of the base game could interferer. Or not. But this is sometimes the case with the Original Saga & the patched 6CD version of the BG1 when it's converted to BGT or Tutu.
I'm not using my Italian original copy of BG, as I use an english version of it (localization was good, but I always prefer to play games and watch films in english) and keep/launch the game as an ISO.

A few observations from my recent run:

• I really like the alchemical, non-dispellable approach to potions. It tremendously increases their usefulness, especially vs. enemy mages and fiends.
  • The Band of the Forest is very nice for Rangers and Druids. This is how it should have worked in the unmodded game, the original ring was utterly useless.
  • I don't like the on-hit visual effect of the Sword of Chaos. It reminds me too much of the vampires' level drain and the ghasts' paralysis. IMO, it should look similar to Larloch's Minor Drain instead. Also, as noted elsewhere, I really miss the Anarchic property of the sword from V2. It vas very useful when fighting lawful evil fiends (Baaetzu).
  • As noted before, the removal of equipped icons on the characer's portraits is annoying, especially for items which provide Regeneration, Free Action and Negative Plane Protection.
  • The Store Revisions component should be renamed into "Item Relocation" or something as it affects much more than just stores.
  • Moving the Robe of Vecna should not be a part of the main component. Let the aforementioned relocation component handle that. Same for the Helm of Vhailor.
  • Spider's Bane should deal at least a little extra damage vs. spiders (e.g. +2 or +4)

All in all, IR V3 feels like a great improvement over V2. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

I really like the alchemical, non-dispellable approach to potions. It tremendously increases their usefulness, especially vs. enemy mages and fiends.

The Band of the Forest is very nice for Rangers and Druids. This is how it should have worked in the unmodded game, the original ring was utterly useless.

:)

I don't like the on-hit visual effect of the Sword of Chaos. It reminds me too much of the vampires' level drain and the ghasts' paralysis. IMO, it should look similar to Larloch's Minor Drain instead.
I'll look into it, I didn't even remembered I added an animation to vampiric weapons.

Also, as noted elsewhere, I really miss the Anarchic property of the sword from V2. It vas very useful when fighting lawful evil fiends (Baaetzu).
Most players considered it an almost pointless feature without a simple way to detect/know the target's alignment...but I may consider adding it just to make the weapon more unique. I'll think about it.

As noted before, the removal of equipped icons on the characer's portraits is annoying, especially for items which provide Regeneration, Free Action and Negative Plane Protection.
If an item provide full Free Action then it should display the icon, if it doesn't let me know and I'll fix it asap. If an item grants only partial protection (e.g. only vs entangle/web but not slow) then I don't want the icon to be there. Items with Negative Plane Protection currently doesn't have the icon only because I had plans of partially improve such spell within SR (e.g. making NPP spell protects not only vs lvl drain but also vs negative energy damage, aka magic damage of necromantic spells).

Anyway, I guess you get the point, if an item grants the full effect of a spell which would place an icon on the portrait, but such item doesn't display the icon, then it's my fault, let me know and I'll look into it. Thanks. :)

The Store Revisions component should be renamed into "Item Relocation" or something as it affects much more than just stores.
I think Ardanis had something in mind about this...

Moving the Robe of Vecna should not be a part of the main component. Let the aforementioned relocation component handle that. Same for the Helm of Vhailor.
Those changes are mandatory for compatibility issues with SCS.

Spider's Bane should deal at least a little extra damage vs. spiders (e.g. +2 or +4)
I suggested it myself but I either forgot to add it or I thought its protective ability were already enough to represent its anti-spider role. I'll think about adding it for flavor.

All in all, IR V3 feels like a great improvement over V2. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)
Those changes are mandatory for compatibility issues with SCS.
Yeah, that's complicated. SCS2 checks for IR's main component when dealing with these two items - the check had been added before v3 was out, and frankly I'm unsure how to handle it without imposing compatibility bugs on players.

Can be done, but some wands aren't exactly matching any ingame spell, Wand of Ice in particular. Also there may be no header in SPL to match the desired level. And Cowled Wizards will pop up as well, which was agreed to be a bother rather than good feature.

With that in mind, a separate component would do, I guess.

Archived