GemRB 0.8.2 released!(Deepwinter edition)

lynx

The GemRB team is proud to announce a new (minor) release.

It has been a while since the last release, but plenty of polishing and some new features have been added since (particularly for iwd2).

A large refactoring of our text layouting and drawing code has been in the works for most of the year, but is not included in this release. We plan to merge it soon and fix any stragglers, then after intensive testing, do another release. But that's for another announcement!

Currently the sources and some packages are available. You can get them from here. Windows binary: shortcut.

Full changelog digest:

GemRB v0.8.2 (2015-01-01):
  New features:
    - iwd2 spell learning
    - movie overrides (tob outro)
    - 3ed sneak attack, concentration/disruption
    - statistically fairer random number generator

Improved features:
    - iwd2 chargen, clabs, combat, music
    - custom map notes and biographies now save properly
    - effects, tob ending, animation, actions, bg1 nights
    - bugfixes

For everyone building GemRB on their own or for others, also note:

The following build vars were renamed in the final few places:
DATADIR -> DATA_DIR
SYSCONFDIR -> SYSCONF_DIR
PLUGINDIR -> PLUGIN_DIR

If you use a custom build setup, adjust appropriately. CMake setups are not affected detrimentally.

Full changelog digest:

GemRB v0.8.2 (2015-01-01):

New features:

- 3ed sneak attack, concentration/disruption

Is this only for 3ed games? (ie IWD2?) Or does it also work for TOB? Does it work for iOS?

I'm sick of waiting for Beamdog to implement TobEx features, maybe instead I'll set up a BGT game on GemRB...

I implemented the iwd2 versions (or what we know of them) — TobEx uses something a bit simpler. The checks in the code are currently just checking for 3ed rules, but it would be trivial to add a separate game flag and adnd tweaks, which would make the feature similarly configurable as in tobex.ini. In fact, it's already on the todo:

http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=todo#baldur_s_gate_2

So no, not yet. Very busy with work for the past few months, poe is stealing some off-time and I still haven't finished the rewrite of 10pp dialog handler ... so not soon either.

I'm sick of waiting for Beamdog to implement TobEx features.

A few weeks ago i tried to compile the 0027 version of tobex in order to get the multiple saves message fix. I noticed then that there is a build project for tobexee.dll, tobexeeloader.exe, etc.

Maybe i understood it wrong but can't it be used with EE instead of waiting for beamdog ?

Archived