Carsomyr Issues

dispel magic combat spell

3 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom

Phantom
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

As per Weimer's Item Upgrade Mod documentation, it fixes Carsomyr +5 and +6 so that they use the same "dispel magic" opcode as the Staff of the Magi. That is, they will actually dispel things. They also increase MR by 50% rather than setting it to 50%.

I have also checked G3 fixpack documentation and it states to change the weapon being flaky earlier in its ability to dispel but still confused whether the changes are addressed in the same fashion as the "Item Upgrade".

Therefore, I request proper advice whether Bg2fixpack solves Carsomyr Dispel issue completely or Should I install "Item Upgrade" in addition to fixpack to upgrade Carsomyr?

#2 Dakk

Dakk
  • Modders
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Not answering your question per se, but my recommendation would simply be to install Item Revision. Carsomyr works like this in IR:
Spoiler

Edited by Dakk, 10 October 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#3 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9367 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

As per Weimer's Item Upgrade Mod documentation, it fixes Carsomyr +5 and +6 so that they use the same "dispel magic" opcode as the Staff of the Magi. That is, they will actually dispel things. They also increase MR by 50% rather than setting it to 50%.

Setting MR to 50% (instead of increasing) was confirmed as intended behavior, so it's not a fix. Carsomyr's dispel-on-hit failed because it was dispelling at too low of a level, which is fixed by Fixpack; I actually have no idea what IU does to Carsomyr in terms of dispel.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#4 Phantom

Phantom
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Carsomyr's dispel-on-hit failed because it was dispelling at too low of a level, which is fixed by Fixpack

This. I believe you mean that weapon will at least dispel on hit successfuly with no save penalties. For a Fighter/Thief hit makes the difference rather previously caster level penalties imposed by vanilla version making this class fail dispeling effects on opponents.
Thanks CamDawg and Dakk

Edited by Phantom, 10 October 2012 - 09:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users