Corthala Romantique is up for adoption

Domi

If anyone is interested to adopt Val's Romance, please give me a shout. It's 90% done, but a couple of problems persist in SoA/ToB (Leonora's Quest being the worst of them) plus the voicing needs to be spliced, ogg'ized, and added. There are good beta-testing reports available. In short, it needs to be cleaned up. I cannot summon any sort of enthusiasm to do it. If anyone wants it - it's yours to do what you will with it. Otherwise, I think, I will have to pronounce it dead.

Each voiced line was recorded a few times in the same file. I have the table that selects the best pick of the voiced line in each file. This pick needs to be cut out with from the file and converted to OGG.

Indeed, and I thought it was a strange choice only to voice the new lines.

Nothing strange about it - Valygar's voice work is well-loved and is one of the best in BG2, if not THE best.

"Well-loved"? By my five-year tally, it's a toss-up between Valygar and Cernd for "least-loved." (among the core game, anyway.)

But yes, you're certainly right that it's an easy problem for users to solve for themselves.

"Well-loved"? By my five-year tally, it's a toss-up between Valygar and Cernd for "least-loved." (among the core game, anyway.)

I am not sure I agree. I've been looking for a Bioware poll to prove he is loved and popular; however, there wasn't any.

So, I turned to the Attic, and here's what I've found:

http://gamejag.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2...ewtopic&t=69536

Judging by this (poll?), Valygar is quite popular, if not as popular as Viconia, Minsc or Imoen.

Fascinating as this discussion is, it stopped having anything to do with CR some time back. If any mod happens along, snipping the voicing in mods and associated issues into a separate thread might give more views to this interesting topic from people who would actually like to read about voicing rather than CR transfer.

Just to let those that are interested know:

Corthala romantique is still being worked on. :) The SoA portion is currently a bit 'uneven' due the mod's history and I'm still working on to smoothen those rough edges. In practise this means editing all PC reply options that would end the dialogue immediately, removing all occasions of the breaking of the fourth wall, omitting some of the instant-death-without-warning in what comes to the the romance active and adding some new reply options to the PC when IMO too limited selection is available. The quest needs a bit work too; I don't think the endings are all as fleshed out as they could be and the battle needs to be more interesting and/or easier.

I also think it would nice to have an optional UB / Suna Seni compatibility component in the future, but at the moment that's not a top priority.

Wonderful - can't wait to see something! I downloaded the beta version of Corthala Romantique from somewhere, and read through it a while back... :) It all looked very good then, and I'm sure it'll look even more awesome with your input, editing and rewriting Meira! :)

Wonderful news! Glad to see this is moving forward, and I eagerly look forward to its eventual completion. I am confident that I will like it.

At one point, I believed that I did not like Valygar. But I am beginning to understand that it was more that I never kept him in the party long enough to get to know him well enough to form an opinion. Last time I played, though, he was in the party the whole time, and I found that he was actually quite engaging. The only complaint I found that was actually valid was that he didn't say enough. With him as the pc's love interest, I am sure this will no longer be a complaint.

Thank you, Meira, for the good news!

Wonderful news! Glad to see this is moving forward, and I eagerly look forward to its eventual completion. I am confident that I will like it.

At one point, I believed that I did not like Valygar. But I am beginning to understand that it was more that I never kept him in the party long enough to get to know him well enough to form an opinion. Last time I played, though, he was in the party the whole time, and I found that he was actually quite engaging. The only complaint I found that was actually valid was that he didn't say enough. With him as the pc's love interest, I am sure this will no longer be a complaint.

Thank you, Meira, for the good news!

I second all of that. I at first never kept him around long, either, and for the same reasons. Now I like him much better and with this mod he be so much more fleshed out and real. Will he get his own forum sometime?

Archived