Preliminary PIDs. Not Quite PDAs. But They Will Be, PDQ.

cmorgan

For quickness of evaluation, let's try a recast of the "Other People Talking PID". Somehow I suspect the CHAIN creation of this will be much more involved that the long form... I want to make it a little less encumbered.

Long form takes advantage of evaluation of dialog conditions to skim off layers by condition, like this:

IF ~!IsGabber(Player1)~ THEN c-aranpidother
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, now, you might want to talk, but I do have a bit on my mind right now.~
 IF ~ <<none of the other conditions are true>> ~ GOTO block1 // evaluated last
 IF ~ <<one big set of possible npcs>> ~ GOTO block2 // evaluated second
 IF ~ <<one big set of possible npcs>> ~ GOTO block3 // evaluated first

This allows us to tailor conditions in a more efficient way. Instead of having to declare every single 'if not this', we end up with a bottom to top evaluation that pulls off the known NPCs, leaving only the "not anything else" condition intact as the default. Put another way, if it hasn't been accounted for in this mod, the only reply that will show up is the one that has no conditions. So, this:

+ ~!IsGabber("ADANGEL")
!IsGabber("K#SHEENA")
!IsGabber("Aerie")
!IsGabber("Anishai")
!IsGabber("Anomen")
!IsGabber("Azure")
!IsGabber("B!Gavin")
!IsGabber("b!haldamir")
!IsGabber("BIDDE")
!IsGabber("Britt")  
!IsGabber("BWTOUCHX")
!IsGabber("CALLISTO")
!IsGabber("Cernd")
!IsGabber("CHLOE")
!IsGabber("CMALORA")
!IsGabber("CMGMIRIAM")
!IsGabber("CMNIKITA")
!IsGabber("CMNINAF")
!IsGabber("CORAN")
!IsGabber("D#Silver")
!IsGabber("D0Alassa")
!IsGabber("t#dace")
!IsGabber("DL#BWN")
!IsGabber("DYNAHEIR")
!IsGabber("E3Fade")
!IsGabber("Edwin")
!IsGabber("FHLAND")
!IsGabber("FHLSEB")
!IsGabber("FINIREN")
!IsGabber("FWGhareth")
!IsGabber("G#CASS")
!IsGabber("GOZALOTH")
!IsGabber("HaerDalis")
!IsGabber("Horace")
!IsGabber("Hubelpot")
!IsGabber("Imoen2")
!IsGabber("IYLOS")
!IsGabber("J#Kelsey")
!IsGabber("Jaheira")
!IsGabber("Jan")
!IsGabber("JCBruce")
!IsGabber("Kari")
!IsGabber("K#Auren")
!IsGabber("K#Bana")
!IsGabber("K#Sarah")
!IsGabber("KACHIKO")
!IsGabber("Keldorn")
!IsGabber("Keto")
!IsGabber("KIARA")
!IsGabber("KINDREK")
!IsGabber("Kiyone")	
!IsGabber("Korgan")
!IsGabber("Kova")  
!IsGabber("LRIRENIC")
!IsGabber("M#AMBER")
!IsGabber("Mazzy")
!IsGabber("Minsc")
!IsGabber("MTS#Shy")
!IsGabber("MWAriena")
!IsGabber("MWKido")
!IsGabber("Nalia")
!IsGabber("NATH")
!IsGabber("Ninde")
!IsGabber("O#TIAX")
!IsGabber("O#XAN")
!IsGabber("P#DEHER")
!IsGabber("P#KIVAN")
!IsGabber("R#ALLIS")
!IsGabber("R#Kitanya")
!IsGabber("Rylorn")
!IsGabber("SAERILETH")
!IsGabber("SDNPC")  
!IsGabber("SIME")
!IsGabber("SK#NEHT")
!IsGabber("Skooter")
!IsGabber("SOLAUFEIN")
!IsGabber("SUBRU")
!IsGabber("SUHESSA")
!IsGabber("TASHIA")
!IsGabber("TSUJATH")
!IsGabber("Valen")
!IsGabber("Valygar")
!IsGabber("Viconia")
!IsGabber("WxJon")
!IsGabber("WILLYB")
!IsGabber("WLBRAN")
!IsGabber("Xulaye")
!IsGabber("YASRAENA")
!IsGabber("Yoshimo")
!IsGabber("Z_MODDY")
!IsGabber("ZAIYA")~ + ~[ARAN] No offence, <GABBER>, I just don't rightly have much to say to you right now.~ EXIT
END

becomes this:

++ ~[ARAN] No offence, <GABBER>, I just don't rightly have much to say to you right now.~ EXIT

Here is the recast.

/* Other NPC PID Response  */
IF ~!IsGabber(Player1)~ THEN c-aranpidother
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, now, you might want to talk, but I do have a bit on my mind.~
 ++ ~[ARAN] No offence, <GABBER>, I just don't rightly have much to say to you right now.~ EXIT
 IF ~OR(12) IsGabber("ADANGEL") IsGabber("Anishai") IsGabber("Azure") IsGabber("B!Gavin") IsGabber("b!haldamir") IsGabber("BIDDE") IsGabber("Britt") IsGabber("BWTOUCHX") IsGabber("CALLISTO") IsGabber("WILLYB") IsGabber("WLBRAN") IsGabber("WxJon")~ GOTO block1
 IF ~OR(12) IsGabber("CHLOE") IsGabber("RCHLOE") IsGabber("CMALORA") IsGabber("CMGMIRIAM") IsGabber("CMNIKITA") IsGabber("CMNINAF") IsGabber("CORAN") IsGabber("D#Silver") IsGabber("D0Alassa") IsGabber("DL#BWN") IsGabber("DYNAHEIR") IsGabber("E3Fade")~ GOTO block2
 IF ~OR(12) IsGabber("FHLAND") IsGabber("FHLSEB") IsGabber("FINIREN") IsGabber("FWGhareth") IsGabber("G#CASS") IsGabber("GOZALOTH") IsGabber("Horace") IsGabber("Hubelpot") IsGabber("IYLOS") IsGabber("xulaye") IsGabber("YASRAENA") IsGabber("ZAIYA")~ GOTO block3
 IF ~OR(12) IsGabber("J#Kelsey") IsGabber("JCBruce") IsGabber("K#Auren") IsGabber("K#Bana") IsGabber("K#Sarah") IsGabber("K#SHEENA") IsGabber("KACHIKO") IsGabber("Kari") IsGabber("Keto") IsGabber("TSUJATH") IsGabber("Valen") IsGabber("Z_MODDY")~ GOTO block4
 IF ~OR(12) IsGabber("KIARA") IsGabber("KINDREK") IsGabber("Kiyone") IsGabber("Kova") IsGabber("LRIRENIC") IsGabber("M#AMBER") IsGabber("MTS#Shy") IsGabber("MWAriena") IsGabber("MWKido") IsGabber("SUHESSA") IsGabber("t#dace") IsGabber("TASHIA")~ GOTO block5
 IF ~OR(12) IsGabber("NATH") IsGabber("Ninde") IsGabber("O#TIAX") IsGabber("O#XAN") IsGabber("P#DEHER") IsGabber("P#KIVAN") IsGabber("R#ALLIS") IsGabber("R#Kitanya") IsGabber("Rylorn") IsGabber("SAERILETH") IsGabber("SDNPC")  IsGabber("SUBRU")~ GOTO block6
 IF ~OR(5) IsGabber("SIME") IsGabber("SK#NEHT") IsGabber("Skooter") IsGabber("SOLAUFEIN") IsGabber("xulaye")~ GOTO block7
 IF ~OR(16) IsGabber("Minsc") IsGabber("Korgan") IsGabber("Keldorn") IsGabber("Valygar") IsGabber("Viconia") IsGabber("Nalia") IsGabber("Mazzy") IsGabber("Jaheira") IsGabber("Jan") IsGabber("Imoen2") IsGabber("HaerDalis") IsGabber("Edwin") IsGabber("Aerie") IsGabber("Anomen") IsGabber("Cernd") IsGabber("Yoshimo")~ GOTO block8
END

/* block 1 : OR(12) IsGabber("ADANGEL") IsGabber("Anishai") IsGabber("Azure") IsGabber("B!Gavin") IsGabber("b!haldamir") IsGabber("BIDDE") IsGabber("Britt") IsGabber("BWTOUCHX") IsGabber("CALLISTO") IsGabber("WILLYB") IsGabber("WLBRAN") IsGabber("WxJon")*/
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block1
~[ARAN] Can this wait a bit?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("ADANGEL")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Besides, we might have a chat over weapons cleanin' later on, Angelo. I never did hear how you got free 'o that' Cyric-buggerin' bastard Sarevok, not from your perspective. I'll bring th' flask, you bring th' stories.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Anishai")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Though if you are lookin' for a partner to try a few practice runs, Ainshai, You could always try to get a good feel o' what's in my pocket... by Mask's Mighty Mouth, you could charm th' trousers off o' me, you could.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Azure")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Besides, Azure, I know better than to be makin' time wi' you. Sharo's a pretty sensitive wolf, an' might not take kindly to us takin' too long, private -like.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("B!Gavin")~ THEN ~[ARAN] BLOODY HELLS, OUCH! By Lathander's Sunny Sh... Gavin, what in th' hells do you think I'm usin' to walk with, my hands? Look, I know I don't rightly use th' tops o' my feet for much, but that's no reason for you to use 'em as steppin' stones.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("b!haldamir")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'm goin' to kick myself for sayin' that, too, Haldamir, on account o' you don't talk much to anyone, an' here you go tryin' to start a conversation. Talk about bad timin'.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("BIDDE")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  An' you can stop lookin' at me w' those cold stone grey eyes, y' old shortaxe. I like Lathander  well enough, an' you don't need to go convertin' me to your ways.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Britt")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Though how you got into this adventurin' party, Britt, is a mystery to me, you know. I thought you were just pullin' my leg about joinin' on. I suspect there's been some divine intervention what's made you take up adventurin'.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("BWTOUCHX")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' lay off th' advice, Touchstone, m'boyo. You Wild Elves have been around a mite longer than me an' my kinfolk, I know, but here's more to th' world than trees, bugs, an' grass. Well, at least there's also mud, soot, an' grime, based on what you be wearin' right now.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("CALLISTO")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' stay ahead o' me, Callisto.  Mask's Blade, you are a right fine fighter, but you worry me, you do. You get all out o' control, an' there's nothin' what can stop you. I wouldn't want to have no 'accident' or nothin'.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("WILLYB")~ THEN ~[ARAN] besides, if it s that coin I owe you, Bruce m'boy, I'm tapped out until <CHARNAME> loosens those purse strings. So don't go all 'beat your arse' this an' 'youse gonna get yours' on me, eh? Just get <CHARNAME> to drop a few coin my way, an' I'll get square wi' you.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("WLBRAN")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I don't want to drive you away, none, Branwen  you are a fine figure o' a woman. All that 'Tempus' Shield' talk, though, it worries me a mite. I'd offer you some companionship, but I'd rather not be askin' you to heal th' parts o' my body you might cut off.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("WxJon")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Aye, I did check up on th' idea, Jonathan, an' you'd be a fine addition to any one o' three different Guilds. I can write up th' letters for you, if you want, but the again, what be th' hurry? Th' Guilds take a tithe, an' you are doin' right fine as an independent, watchin' <CHARNAME>'s back.~
EXIT

/* block 2 : OR(12) IsGabber("CHLOE") IsGabber("RCHLOE") IsGabber("CMALORA") IsGabber("CMGMIRIAM") IsGabber("CMNIKITA") IsGabber("CMNINAF") IsGabber("CORAN") IsGabber("D#Silver") IsGabber("D0Alassa") IsGabber("DL#BWN") IsGabber("DYNAHEIR") IsGabber("E3Fade") */
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block2
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("CHLOE")~ THEN ~[ARAN] In fact, Chloe, let's just pretend we done talked already, an' call it quits. You scare th' crap out o' me.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("RCHLOE")~ THEN ~[ARAN] In fact, Chloe, let's just pretend we done talked already, an' call it quits. You scare th' crap out o' me.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("CMALORA")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Not that I don't appreciate some bubbly happiness an' sunshine in my day, m'darlin' Alora, but I need to concentrate right now. An' that 'happy happy joy joy' spirit o' yours might break it. Plus, last time you got all huggy wi' me, half my purse mysteriously went missin'... don't you play "Happy Hin" wi' me, lassie! I can't rightly afford it right now!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("CMGMIRIAM")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I don't have much time for no bloodsucker, nohow, Miriam.  Especially when I don't rightly know which 'we' is you. I don't know why <CHARNAME> don't just throw a stake through your heart an' be done wi' you.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("CMNIKITA")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  I'll tell you what, though, Nikitalleria. When we next camp, I will trade you fair an' square.  You teach me a little sleight o' hand, an' I will teach you a mite on parryin' versus  Waterdeep double-swords. An' I won't make no pass at you, neither. This is just friend to friend, see? ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("CMNINAF")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Besides, m'lady Ninafer, shouldn't you be chattin' up Anomen or somethin'? I think you are a right fine woman, an' all. But the boy's the jealous type, an' an officer an' all. I got enough o' him ridin' my back without you makin' it worse.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("CORAN")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' stand where I can see you, Coran. Th' ladies might like your 'charmin' rogue' act, but me, I'm not that impressed.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("D#Silver")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  An' stay an arm's length away, SilverStar. Unless you want a nice mutton, lettuce, an' tomato sandwich, or somethin'. Then where would your Mary be, eh? Have fun stormin' that particular castle.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("D0Alassa")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  You can charm the breath out o' me an th' trousers off o' me, Alassa, with just the bat o' an eyelash. An' worse, you know it. But keep those gorgeous eyes an' pert lips out o' my business. You would skin me an' serve me raw if it got you an extra few coin, laughin' all the way to Calimport.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("DL#BWN")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  By Tempus' Shield, Branwen, you are a sight for sore eyes. But I don't have no time to talk about following Tempus right now. Come talk to me when we are campin', or some such time.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("DYNAHEIR")~ THEN ~[ARAN] M'lady Wychlaran, I don't mean no disrespect. An' please don't turn me into no toad, nor squirrel, nor naught like that, Dynaheir. I just don't have no words t' speak right now.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("E3Fade")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  I'm no prude,  Fade, an' I respect th' Guild rightly enough. An accomplished Knife's a right good part o' a party, an' you keep th' Shadow Thieves appeased. But I don't trust no tiefling, no way, no how.  So unless it's business, keep to yourself, girl.~
EXIT

/* block 3 : OR(12) IsGabber("FHLAND") IsGabber("FHLSEB") IsGabber("FINIREN") IsGabber("FWGhareth") IsGabber("G#CASS") IsGabber("GOZALOTH") IsGabber("Horace") IsGabber("Hubelpot") IsGabber("IYLOS") IsGabber("xulaye") IsGabber("YASRAENA") IsGabber("ZAIYA") */
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block3
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("FHLAND")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  Come by an' chat later, though, Andrei. We can spar a bit, an' swap stories. Or, I can tell stories an' you can listen. Did I ever tell you about th' time Kirran an' me an' BrightFire got into a mite o' a spat wi' some boys servin' th' wi' Black Company? Now, that were a fight for a bard to describe...~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("FHLSEB")~ THEN ~[ARAN]  Though you could do me a right good favor, Sebastian, an' lay off Andrei. The lad's a decent enough sort, an' he needs some breathin' room you don't give him. I'll watch his back, don't you worry.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("FINIREN")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I don't have nothin' to say to you nohow, Irenicus. I spoke my piece back when we kicked your sorry arse. I'd tell you to get lost in any o' th' hells, but you've already done that.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("FWGhareth")~ THEN ~[ARAN] But come have a drink wi' me when you can, Ghareth. I want to hear more about th' Cowled an' their ways. Forewarned is forearmed, an' all that time enforcin' for 'em has got some good stories, I bet. I'll trade you, an' tell you about th' time I was servin wi' Moonshea an' we had a bit o' warlock trouble. Talk abut uncontrolled magic...~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("G#CASS")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I know that look, Cassius love, an' you are about to charm me wi' those stories o' heroism an' such.  Th' trouble wi' all you Skalds an' your tales is that when th' hero slays th' monster an' looks about, there's not much left o' th' rest o' th' party. Write one o' them tale where the kitchen maid an' her four friends beat th' crap out o' a dragon an' all live to tell the tale, an' I'll listen!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("GOZALOTH")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Better yet, keep yer distance, you floatin' eyeball. I can't rightly make out your accent anyways. An' people think *my* accent be hard to follow...~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Horace")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, hold on to your jawbone, an' stop scratchin' th' inside o' that left eyesocket, Horace. I got enough trouble stayin' un-spooked just lookin' at you, let alone talkin' to an animated skeleton!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Hubelpot")~ THEN ~[ARAN] We'll be talkin' over dinner prep anyways, Hubelpot. Don't worry none - I'll try not to get ripped limb from limb afore then, and with a bit o' luck, you won't be ground up bits o' parts neither.  We can talk about real curry makin'!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("IYLOS")~ THEN ~[ARAN] You can't rightly expect much in th' way o' small talk from me, nohow, Iylos. You got a mission, an' I respect that. But fish around for information about <CHARNAME> from someone else. I don't serve more than one contract at a time, an' <CHARNAME> has that right now, an' probably 'til I'm arguin' wi' Kelemvor myself on where the prettiest girl souls be hidin' out.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("xulaye")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' by Lolth's Lengthy Legs, keep away from me, you heartless drow bitch. I'm not one o' your filthy spider-spawn males to order about, Xulaye, cover or no cover. You want somethin', you put it through <CHARNAME>, done correct on th' chain o' command.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("YASRAENA")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I don't have naught to say to you nohow, Yasraena. You seem to be backin' <CHARNAME>, an' I see why. But the only good drow is... well, I'm not so sure I should finish that statement. Just stay where I can watch you, an' don't try to talk me up, an' I won't cause you no trouble. ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("ZAIYA")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, don't you be gettin' mad, there, Zaiya. I'm right interested in what you have to say. An' you are a right fine lookin' lassie, too, though sometimes it be dangerous to be around one o' those 'surges' o' yours...~
EXIT

/* block 4 : OR(12) IsGabber("J#Kelsey") IsGabber("JCBruce") IsGabber("K#Auren") IsGabber("K#Bana") IsGabber("K#Sarah") IsGabber("K#SHEENA") IsGabber("KACHIKO") IsGabber("Kari") IsGabber("Keto") IsGabber("TSUJATH") IsGabber("Valen") IsGabber("Z_MODDY") */
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block4
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("J#Kelsey")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Not that I'm puttin' you off for no reason, Kelsey. Come an' talk another time. I spent plenty o' time punchin' fists, Coster tradin' up an' down th' Sword Coast as a lad. We should talk shop some time soon, eh? I never did run a store, though I have done my share o' accountin' a' contract drafts. Reminds me o' th' good old days, when you raised an alarm for a stray urchin, a pickpocket, or a kobold or two, instead o' all the beasts th' nine hells can throw at us.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("JCBruce")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Tymora's Tantalizing Tits, you got a huge bundle o' nerve talkin' to me, Bruce m'boyo. You owe *me* two platinum orbs an' the names o' three reliable courtesans, an' you haven't paid up yet. Bugger off until you do, you lazy bastard!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("K#Auren")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Tell you what, Auren - talk to me later, an' we'll have a go at that attack an' counter routine we had a few days ago. You are winnin' three falls to two, an' I would rightly enjoy balancin' out th' game, so to speak. ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("K#Bana")~ THEN ~[ARAN] You should know better than to sneak up on me like that, Banana. I got me a ton o' recipes wi' your name on 'em... hey, you got a cousin named Rosanna Bananadana?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("K#Sarah")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Sarah, lass-o-me-heart, I don't mean to be short wi' you. I'll make it up to you later. I can fix some decent flatbread an' honey, just like they serve back near Beregost, an' mayhap I can bribe you for a story or two. You keep too quiet, lass, an' I do appreciate your friendship.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("K#SHEENA")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I can promise you right proper, Sheena, I am not puttin' you off. I've sense enough not to cause no offense to a comerade what can be beautiful woman one moment, an' firedrake next. It be hard enough to stay on th' right side o' a regular woman, wi' out no draconic heritage.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("KACHIKO")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hey, none o' that sharp eyed glare, Kachiko. I'll gladly talk wi' you another time. By your Eight Million Kara-Turan Gods, I didn't mean to offend you none. Not all o' us have your Dragon Tongue's focus, you know. I needs must concentrate, or I'll be not attendin' to my duties well enough. I'm not a Sword Saint or anythin'.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Kari")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Easy, there, lass - don't you be gatherin' your tail in a twist, an' all. Literally, I mean. You are blushin' redder than I done seen in a tenday! Kari, I'm just busy now, that's all. Come by when we settle in for th' night, an' I'll help you with that weapon sharpenin' you were askin' about.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Keto")~ THEN ~[ARAN] How about you come by tonight, though, Keto, an' we trade some stories? I'd be lyin' if I didn't think I'd make you nice company. I have some nice Rashemi Firewine set aside, not even watered down... ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Z_MODDY")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now then, miss foxy lass, I don't have no problems wi' talkin' to you, but now is not rightly th' time. Come by at dinner, Moddy, an' we'll share a bit o' talk, eh? Or better yet, a nice brace 'o rabbits.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("TSUJATH")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Outsider an' necromancer... there's naught about you that sits right wi' me, Tsujatha. I' m tolerant for <CHARNAME>'s sake, an' that's about it. So don't look for small talk an' comeradeship here.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Valen")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' stop spookin' me like that, Valen. I stay on one side o' <CHARNAME>, you stay on th' other, an' we will be fine. But I don't rightly think we should be havin' no private conversation. I'm likely to end up bein' an appetizer, or a light pre-dinner snack.~
EXIT

/* block 5 : OR(12) IsGabber("KIARA") IsGabber("KINDREK") IsGabber("Kiyone") IsGabber("Kova") IsGabber("LRIRENIC") IsGabber("M#AMBER") IsGabber("MTS#Shy") IsGabber("MWAriena") IsGabber("MWKido") IsGabber("SUHESSA") IsGabber("t#dace") IsGabber("TASHIA") */
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block5
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("KIARA")~ THEN ~[ARAN] There might be time to talk later, though, Kiara. I want to hear more about that monk trainin'. I'll help wi' some breath-holdin' exercise, if you want, too. Though there be not much more between us, I expect. I know you might be a decent enough friend, but somehow it always ends up bein' more about you, an' less about anyone else.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("KINDREK")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' don't you be startin' in on me about th' corruption magic causes, neither, Kindrek. I'll take whatever weapon th' gods hand me, if it gets the job done proper. An' one more word about my head decoratin' a pike bein' pretty, an' we'll just have to see if that fancy weapon o' yours will be stronger than my skills, boyo.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Kiyone")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Though between you an' me, I'd rather keep talkin' to you an' make some sort o' accommodation, Kiyone. I'd trust you to watch my back right proper.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Kova")~ THEN ~[ARAN] On second thought, stay away, Kova. I'm not particular about my company, but in your case, I'm up for makin' exceptions. I'm not sayin' guilty, I'm not sayin' innocent - I'm just sayin' naught.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("LRIRENIC")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' keep your Master O' th' Universe crap out o' my face, wonderboy. <CHARNAME> killed you once, remember? In my opinion, it were done too slowly, an' wi' not enough o' th' pain an' sufferin' on your part.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("M#AMBER")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'm not likely to have nothin' to say anyways, Amber. It seems like you are backin' <CHARNAME>, but while you ca take the lady out o' th hells, now, can you really take th' hells out o' th' lady? I don't rightly trust no tiefling, no matter how pretty.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("MTS#Shy")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Chende, I'm, err... well, I'm... not that I have anythin' against half-orcs, or nothin, on account o' I have worked wi' my share o' right proper comrades what's got my back as good as I watch theirs, regardless o' orcish blood. It's just you keep adjustin' your top, an' it bothers me a bit. There's a good healthy woman, an' then there's a need to get some clerical intervention. That's just not right, eh?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("MWAriena")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Ariena, don't be lookin' like that at me  I'm not shunnin' you, I just don't rightly have th' time right now! We'll try some sparrin' later on. Though this time, you done got to remember that we be sparrin', not fightin' for real. Last time, you bloody well busted a few o' my ribs.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("MWKido")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' no, I'm not interested in more discussions about Cyric an' his Dark Light, Kido. You spin a fine tale, but I'm stickin' wi' <CHARNAME> for <PRO_HISHER> sake, not on account o' any love for murder, death destruction, chaos, an' all that crap.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("SUHESSA")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' give me back my coinpurse, there, stickyfingers. Umberlee's Undulating Urges, Hessa, you should be lookin' for other marks, not messin' wi' my flat purse. <CHARNAME>'s holdin' all my share!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("t#dace")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' don't you be goin' all 'Ducky This' an' 'Ducky That' wi', me, Linton.  You're a right fine woman, but I figure you're a mite too streetwise to come roll in th' hay wi' th' like o' me.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("TASHIA")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Now, you want me to carry that kitty cat o' yours about, I'm your man. An' I wouldn't mind a few riddles, nether, Tashia. How about when we camp, I wander on by an' we have a nice conversation, private-like. I'll brew some decent tea...~
EXIT

/* block 6 : OR(12) IsGabber("NATH") IsGabber("Ninde") IsGabber("O#TIAX") IsGabber("O#XAN") IsGabber("P#DEHER") IsGabber("P#KIVAN") IsGabber("R#ALLIS") IsGabber("R#Kitanya") IsGabber("Rylorn") IsGabber("SAERILETH") IsGabber("SDNPC")  IsGabber("SUBRU") */
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block6
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("NATH")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Come by later, though, 'Fletcher. We never did finish talkin' about that whole Trade Way skirmish wi' the Chill hittin' your squad o' Fist. I heard from Valis your party done got ambushed right proper, but fought all th' way out wi' only two casualties anyways. Now that is a story worth hearin' more'n once, it is. I'll provide th' spirits, you provide th' stories. ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Ninde")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I mean no disrespect, o'course, m'Lady Ninde. I wouldn't want to be on th' wrong side o' one o' your tongue lashin's. Though if there's a right side, well, I'm your man for to call on. I'll just go get that gear straightened out a bit, eh?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("O#TIAX")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Yeah, yeah, I done heard you th' first twenty times. 'Tiax Rules All'. 'When Tiax Rules, Aran Will Be Th' Boot-Scraper An' Will Have To Talk To Me'. Sune's Rambunctious Rump, someone get this insane shorty th' Nine Hells away from me.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("O#XAN")~ THEN ~[ARAN] No offence, Xan, but I want to keep my spirits up, eh? You are one powerful Tel Quessir, but you sure can bring on th' doom an' gloom.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("P#DEHER")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Beggin' your pardon, m'lady Deheriana. I don't mean no offence to you nor your Ranger.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("P#KIVAN")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'm downright flattered you want to talk to me, I am, Kivan - I don't mean no disrespect. There's just not rightly no time now for talkin'.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("R#ALLIS")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' don't you be pesterin' me about all that cookin' wi' meat again, Allison. I know you be fond o' th' animals, but there's a right good purpose for  them there bunny rabbits. Make good stew, they do!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("R#Kitanya")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Beggin' your pardon, o' course, vanimaberylellie en amin... no offense meant. I'd Like it fine if we could talk later, Kitanya. I'd like to learn some o' th' Tel Quessirim fightin' tactics, if you've a mind to share.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Rylorn")~ THEN ~[ARAN] In fact, forget it. Shut your foul mouth, you Cyric-lovin' filth. If <CHARNAME> didn't keep you on a tight leash like soem pet, I'd be servin' your heart up tartar-style, wi' a nice cup o' th' blood o' innocents you like to murder. Watch your back, bastard, on account o' I'm just waitin' for th' opportunity to plant somethin' between your third an' fourth ribs.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("SAERILETH")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Hold on... I can do this right proper, I can. I've been readin'. *ahem*. Forsooth, it pains me greatly to cause you distress, my Lady Saerileth. But thy words best not the needs of the moment, and I must away anon. Perchance thy gracious lips would caress mine ears at the first pale glimmer of starlight; for in thine countenance I do see the beauty of life, the vivaciousness of youth, and the satin power of Tyr enobl'd and made feminine in the grace of your form. This poor sinner doth confess the lusts of both body and mind for such sweet discourse; a breath, a moment of your beauty is like the drop of divine wisdom from the countenance of Ao. *ahem*. Sune's Salacious Succulence, talkin' that way'll kill a man dead, it will. ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("SDNPC")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Come by an' talk later, though, Yikari. We can get a good stiff drink, an' loosen that still tongue o' yours. I want to hear more about th' far off lands, an' especially those Kara-Turan womenfolk!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("SUBRU")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Bugger all, Bruce, I told you I was tapped out clean. No coin, no trade bars, nothin'. Hells, man, here - take this flask. An' don't be drinkin' it staright in one shot, or it'll put you right over on your ares. Cut it wi' some water. Now leave me alone 'til payday!~
EXIT

/* block 7, the Expansion Block NPCs : OR(5) IsGabber("SIME") IsGabber("SK#NEHT") IsGabber("Skooter") IsGabber("SOLAUFEIN") IsGabber("xulaye") */
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block7
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("SIME")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Not meanin' to offend you, Sime, nor your father. I'd be right happy if you'd come talk later on. Perhaps I can buy you a drink or somethin', next opportunity. No pass, honest, just interested in swappin' some stories, playin' some dice, passin' the time.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("SK#NEHT")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'm up for a mite o' a chat later, though, Neh'Taniel. You talk a deep set o' subjects, you do. I need most o' my mind on th' discussion if I want to keep up, eh?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Skooter")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Oh, I'm right sorry, I am. Skooter, I did promise a throw or two o' that stick, didn't I. Right then, here you go... one good toss down that way. Just don't get lost, eh, m'boyo? There's critters around here what could eat *me* for a light snack, let alone you.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("SOLAUFEIN")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'm not that interested in talkin' to no drow, nohow, Solaufein. You may talk a good game, but me, I got both my eyes on you. Figuratively speakin' that is. It'd be a mite messy if I done popped 'em out an' stuck em' to you.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("xulaye") !Global("LK#XulayeKnows","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' in any case, you'll be wantin' to talk to <CHARNAME>, not me.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("xulaye") Global("LK#XulayeKnows","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' by Lolth's Lengthy Legs, keep away from me, you heartless drow bitch. I'm not one o' your filthy spider-spawn males to order about, Xulaye, cover or no cover. You want somethin', you put it through <CHARNAME>, done correct on th' chain o' command.~
EXIT

/* block 8, the BioWare Pack, first evaluated : OR(16) IsGabber("Minsc") IsGabber("Korgan") IsGabber("Keldorn") IsGabber("Valygar") IsGabber("Viconia") IsGabber("Nalia") IsGabber("Mazzy") IsGabber("Jaheira") IsGabber("Jan") IsGabber("Imoen2") IsGabber("HaerDalis") IsGabber("Edwin") IsGabber("Aerie") IsGabber("Anomen") IsGabber("Cernd") IsGabber("Yoshimo") */
CHAIN ~C-ARANJ~ block8
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Aerie")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Not meanin' to be short, m'darlin lassie, but I'd rather we have a talk later. Are you up for a walk tonight, Aerie? Mayhap just you an' me, under th' stars?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Anomen")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Anomen, if this is about my gear bein' not quite tidy enough, I done rightly heard you the first three times. An' I'll say it again - I don't answer to you, nohow. So bugger on about your business, m'lord, an' leave me to mine.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Cernd")~ THEN ~[ARAN] If it that talk you were wantin' to give me on th' ways o' th' birds an' th' bees, Cernd, well - that ship sailed a couple o' years ago. Though I can tell you o' some things I've learned what's great in th' bedroom, but don't quite fit under th' headin' o 'natural'... ~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Edwin")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Unless it be more stories o' your conquests, o' course, Edwin. You got more o' those, well, step right on over, an' we'll have a mite o' a chat. I still can't rightly believe a Chondathan girl can be trained to do what you described last time. Didn't know they bent that way.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("HaerDalis")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' lay of th' 'sparrowhawk', 'dovewing', an' birdy-birdy language for a mite, there, HaerDalis, eh? If you do, I'll let you look at a scrap o' parchment I found in a library outside o' Beregost, what's written in th' tongue o' Gold Dwarves...~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Imoen2")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'm not pushin' you away, Imoen, really I'm not. I just know you have a mite on your mind, too, an' I'm not happy company right now. I'll walk by you for a bit, though, if you want.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Jaheira")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Yes, Jaheira, I packed up my bedroll right tightly. No, Jaheira, I did not eat too much o' th' hardtack, an' cramp my bowels. Yes, Jaheira, I read that list o' spices you wanted me to try to get into th' dinner roster. Melliki's Mysterious Mouth, I'm no bloody half-elf out o' your loins, I'm just a friend, eh? Go easy on th' motherin', for th' love of our friendship!~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Jan")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Tell you what, Jan. If th' story is about turnips, relatives, or craftin' new inventions, I can tell you I done heard it. In fact, if it was turnips, I done heard it twice. But we will have time to take on meal prep, an' then you can tell me about th' time the cute female turnip golem who was really your third cousin on your uncle's side managed to get you an idea for an invention what turned out to be th' best thing since th' gods created womenfolk.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Keldorn")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I don't mean no disrespect, Keldorn. If you have somethin' you want me to do, just say the word. Otherwise, I need to attend to my duties right proper.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Korgan")~ THEN ~[ARAN] If this is about th' sharpenin' bar, Korgan, here it is. I don't need it no more nohow. An' I'm not so happy wi' havin' to rent it for two iron crescents an' a Trademeet trade bar. Xvim's Spit, that's bloody highway robbery.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Mazzy")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'll be happy to help on th' weapons cleanin' later, though, Mazzy. I want to see how you sharpen those arrows so fierce.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Minsc")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Oh, I'm right sorry, Minsc - didn't mean to be so short. Though when I'm standin' close to you, short is the word what springs to mind right quick, it does. You are blockin' most o' my view, big boy. You mind steppin' over a bit, so's I can see where we are headed?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Nalia")~ THEN ~[ARAN] An' I am not one o' th' Great Unwashed Little People, neither, Nalia. I 'll have you know I took a bath just last week. Well, parts o' me, anyways. Wanna see?~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Valygar")~ THEN ~[ARAN] I'm right suprised you want to talk, anyways, Valygar. You haven't put two words together wi' me in nigh on a tenday.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Viconia")~ THEN ~[ARAN] On second thought, Viconia, don't even bother. I've got naught to say to a Shar-kissed spawn o' th' Nether Planes. Bugger off an' go screw an ettin, or somethin'.~
== ~C-ARANJ~ IF ~IsGabber("Yoshimo")~ THEN ~[ARAN] Tell you what, Yoshimo - we'll talk next time we camp. I want to try that card game again. I don't rightly know how you won all five hands, an' I want a chance to make some o' those wages back. ~
EXIT

Fleshing out the PID's and realizing they were mostly single-response lines rather than conversations (and having seven different files of rough drafts and brainstorming session that were getting very confusing) has led me to try a new thing - single line in-place rough draft code. It actually sparked on the whole Create-A-Scroll PID responses, which are another post fro another time, but this kind of shortcut actually seems to have wiorked - a six-hour session today yielded thi:

/* PID 2: Options for PC <> Aran, Underdark  */

IF ~IsGabber(Player1) OR(17) AreaCheck("AR2100") AreaCheck("AR2101") AreaCheck("AR2102") AreaCheck("AR2200") AreaCheck("AR2201") AreaCheck("AR2202") AreaCheck("AR2203") AreaCheck("AR2204") AreaCheck("AR2205") AreaCheck("AR2206") AreaCheck("AR2207") AreaCheck("AR2208") AreaCheck("AR2209") AreaCheck("AR2210") AreaCheck("AR2400") AreaCheck("AR2401") AreaCheck("AR2402")~ THEN BEGIN a1073
 SAY ~[ARAN]  (Aran walks beside you, glaring at the dark corners and shadows. His eyes gleam in the feral, unnatural light.)~
 /* General Options, both Male PC and female PC */
 /* voice/string fixer */
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, your voice sounds strange. Have you been drinking again?~ + a989 /* c-aranpidvoice */

/* Some Prefer Silence... Shutdown or re-enable gabby commenting and I_C_Ts */
 + ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] I hate random comments. Only talk about important things, Aran. Even then, try not to talk. ~ + a990 /* c-aransilence */ IF ~~ a990 SAY ~[ARAN] Right. Got it. Business only, an' cut the chatter. I can do that.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] Hey, I have changed my mind. Go ahead and say what you want to say, Aran, any time you want to say it. Random comments are fine.~ + a991 /* c-arantalkok */ IF ~~ a991 SAY ~[ARAN] Right. Got it. Chatter away like a crazed monkey, on account o' the fact that it might spice up the usual borin' routine o' see somethin', listen to it deliver an evil monologue o' doom an' destruction, kill it, loot it's belongings, rinse, an' repeat.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* race - dependent (1) */
 + ~Race(Player1,ELF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a992 /*  Underdark c-aranpidelf */  IF ~~ a992 SAY ~[ARAN] I am not used to you lookin' like that. All those delicate elven features, recast into the stuff o' nightmares. Half the bloody time, I grab for a weapon, an' the other half o' the time I pinch myself to make sure I am not drunk an' hallucinatin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Race(Player1,HUMAN)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a993 /* Underdark c-aranpidhum */ IF ~~ a993 SAY ~[ARAN] I am not used to you lookin' like that. Fine human form, recast into the stuff o' nightmares. Half the bloody time, I grab for a weapon, an' the other half o' the time I pinch myself to make sure I am not drunk an' hallucinatin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Race(Player1,DWARF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a994 /* Underdark c-aranpiddwarf */ IF ~~ a994 SAY ~[ARAN] I am not used to you lookin' like that. Short an' stocky dwarven body, recast into the stuff o' nightmares. Half the bloody time, I grab for a weapon, an' the other half o' the time I pinch myself to make sure I am not drunk an' hallucinatin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Race(Player1,HALFORC)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a995 /* Underdark c-aranpidorc */ IF ~~ a995 SAY ~[ARAN] I am not used to you lookin' like that. You never did look less than a mite scary, but a good, clean, strong kind o' scary. Not you be recast into the stuff o' nightmares. Half the bloody time, I grab for a weapon, an' the other half o' the time I pinch myself to make sure I am not drunk an' hallucinatin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Race(Player1,GNOME)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a996 /* Underdark c-aranpidgnome */ IF ~~ a996 SAY ~[ARAN] I am not used to you lookin' like that. Cute little squished up gnomish features, recast into the stuff o' nightmares. Half the bloody time, I grab for a weapon, an' the other half o' the time I pinch myself to make sure I am not drunk an' hallucinatin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Race(Player1,HALFLING)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a997 /* Underdark c-aranpidhan */ IF ~~ a997 SAY ~[ARAN] I am not used to you lookin' like that. Miniaturized halfling form, all stretched out an' puffed up an' recast into the stuff o' nightmares. Half the bloody time, I grab for a weapon, an' the other half o' the time I pinch myself to make sure I am not drunk an' hallucinatin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a998 /* Underdark c-aranpidhaldelf */ IF ~~ a998 SAY ~[ARAN] I am not used to you lookin' like that. You always looked a mite bit unconventional, but in a good way - not recast into the stuff o' nightmares. Half the bloody time, I grab for a weapon, an' the other half o' the time I pinch myself to make sure I am not drunk an' hallucinatin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* reputation - dependent (1) */
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,17)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a999 /* Underdark c-aranpidgood */ IF ~~ a999 SAY ~[ARAN] You know, sometimes I think all this concentrated goodness comes at th' cost o' some basic common sense. If you don't take that bloody halo off, the golden light spillin' from you will alert the local denizens, an' they will be takin' turns tryin' to see how far they can shove it up your arse.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,18) ReputationGT(Player1,14)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1000 /* Underdark c-aranpidbetter */ IF ~~ a1000 SAY ~[ARAN] As in 'Wanted - Goodie Two - Shoes Adventuring Party. Dead or Mostly Dead. Zombification Optional. For Payment, See You Local Drow House Matron. Beholders Need Not Apply.'~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,15) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1001 /* Underdark c-aranpidneutral */ IF ~~ a1001 SAY ~[ARAN] Too much of a decent reputation to be wanderin' around down here, eh? I suspect membership in this particular section o' Underdark starts wi' slaughterin' babies an' drinkin' blood. Mayhap both at the same time.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10) ReputationGT(Player1,4)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1002 /* Underdark c-aranpidbad */ IF ~~ a1002 SAY ~[ARAN] Yeah. If we keep it up, we might even make it to th' status o' 'honorary Drow'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,5)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1003 /* Underdark c-aranpidevil */ IF ~~ a1003 SAY ~[ARAN] Cyric's Blood, that be an understatement. We don't rightly need disguises. We could walk up to practically anything around here, an' say '<CHARNAME>'. Half would fight, but we'd be killin' 'em eventually, so that just saves time. The other half would be practically worshipin' the ground you walk on.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* class - dependent , PC (1 or 2 ) */
 + ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] Do you want some help scribing a scroll?~ + a1004 /* Underdark c-aranpidmage1 */ IF ~~ a1004 SAY ~[ARAN] No. It be hard enough to concentrate wi' out added pressure in this Shar-kissed place.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] Do you want some help scribing a scroll?~ + a1023 /* Underdark c-aranpidmage1 */ IF ~~ a1023 SAY ~[ARAN] I can barely work on my scribin' all by myself, thanks. Plus, I need better light. But I'll keep on it all by myself, as I don't rightly want to give up the one thing that makes me feel in touch wi' surface life, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] Sparring practice might be useful.~ + a1005 /* Underdark  c-aranpidfighter1 */ IF ~~ a1005 SAY ~[ARAN] Not down here. I suspect th' usual deal around here involves practicin' killin' strokes on slaves, not quiet practice wi' a friend.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] Sparring practice might be useful.~ + a1024 /* Underdark c-aranpidfighter1 */ IF ~~ a1024 SAY ~[ARAN] Sure. Let's think this through. Two Drow. They fight. Instead o' one spoutin' dark blood n' spittin' foul curses while dyin' at th' other's feet, they get a set o' points, an' say 'good job, old sport - well played!'.~ = ~[ARAN] Still think it be a good idea?~~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] Hey, stand over there. I want to practice sneaking up on you.~ + a1006 /* Underdark c-aranpidthief1 */ IF ~~ a1006 SAY ~[ARAN] Not now, you don't. I be a mite jumpy. Last thing I want is to accidentally take your head off of your shoulders. Even worse, I might fail to kill you, an' then you'd get my blood all over you, an' I haven't seen a stream worth usin' for drinkin' or bathin' in since we left the surface.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] Hey, stand over there. I want to practice sneaking up on you.~ + a1025 /* Underdark c-aranpidthief1 */ IF ~~ a1025 SAY ~[ARAN] How about I just jump out o' my skin right now an' dump my coin purse, an' save you the bother? This place is makin' me jumpier than a virgin in a Calimshan harem.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1007 /* Underdark c-aranpidcleric1g */ IF ~~ a1007 SAY ~[ARAN] If it be silent, sure thing. much appreciated. If it be out loud, don't. Somehow, I think th' wrong set o' gods be listenin' to this particular area, an' we don't want none o' them to get all hot an' bothered, now, do we?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1026 /* Underdark c-aranpidcleric1g */ IF ~~ a1026 SAY ~[ARAN] Put in a good word for me, on account o' I don't see how I am goin' to avoid needin' resurrection. This place be littered wi' poisonous food, deadly creatures, an' that is before you get to th' 'civilized' part.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1008 /* Underdark c-aranpidcleric1e */ IF ~~ a1008 SAY ~[ARAN] Make sure it be to the right god, an' do it right loud, eh? I think I would rather explain myself at the time o' reckonin' then have someone decide we be a surfacer infiltration force an' call out the armies o' darkness.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1027 /* Underdark c-aranpidcleric1e */ IF ~~ a1027 SAY ~[ARAN] You do, an' I'll spike your next drink wi' enough spice to make your urine burn for days. I don't want that kind o' attention right now, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1009 /* Underdark c-aranpidcleric1n */ IF ~~ a1009 SAY ~[ARAN] For Shar's Spite, do it silently. Too many ears, an' you don't pray to th' right gods for the congregation with in earshot, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1028 /* Underdark c-aranpidcleric1n */ IF ~~ a1028 SAY ~[ARAN] Thanks, but no thanks. I be gettin' the feelin' that your god has in in for me. You both dragged me down here, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) !Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] Have you ever thought of following the ways of my order?~ + a1010 /* Underdark c-aranpidpally1 */ IF ~~ a1010 SAY ~[ARAN] Ask me again when we get out o' this blighted place. Right now, i think that mushroom over there grew ears. Literally.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) !Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] Have you ever thought of following the ways of my order?~ + a1029 /* Underdark c-aranpidpally1 */ IF ~~ a1029 SAY ~[ARAN] No. By the way, do you usually into a bar filled wi' drunken half-orcs, an' shout 'All you slimy sorry bastards are evil whelps unworthy to lick my boots, so clear out of my way, low-life scum'? On account o' mentioning the word 'paladin' around here seems about th' same kind o' idea, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] It is good to travel with a fellow paladin. Tell me, have you ever thought of following the ways of my order?~ + a1011 /* Underdark c-aranpidpally1 */ IF ~~ a1011 SAY ~[ARAN] Until you said that phrase here in th' Underdark, I might o' considered it. Now, I just have to ask if there is a requirement o' low wisdom an' extremely low intelligence for your Order...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] It is good to travel with a fellow paladin. Tell me, have you ever thought of following the ways of my order?~ + a1030 /* Underdark c-aranpidpally1 */ IF ~~ a1030 SAY ~[ARAN] Why yes, my fellow blood-curdlingly-evil faithless bastard of an enemy, I did indeed consider joining the ranks of the Anti-Paladins of Evil Sancture. Unfortunately, the A.P.E.S. did not think that simply slaughtering an entire village of harmless surfacer-scum womenfolk and children was sufficiently evil, as I neglected to save enough of them to sell as slaves. (Good gods, you idiot, do you want to get us all killed?!?! Ix-nay with the Aladin-pay!)~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,SORCERER) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] Here, catch. (conjure a globe of light and toss it towards Aran.) RandomNum(2,1)~ + a1012 /* Underdark c-aranpidsorc1 */ IF ~~ a1012 SAY ~[ARAN] Shar's Sphincter! What do you bloody well think you be doin'? That light must have shown our position for a half-mile in any given direction. You might have saved time, stripped us all naked, painted us in luminescent paint, an' danced around singin' 'look here, fresh meat! all you can eat, 2cp!'~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,SORCERER) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] Here, catch. (Conjure a globe of light and toss it towards Aran.) RandomNum(2,1)~ + a1031 /* Underdark c-aranpidsorc1 */ IF ~~ a1031 SAY ~[ARAN] Good job. Mayhap you want to set off a few fireballs, an' mayhap start chantin' hymns to the gods o' Light an' Good. I thought the idea was to make our way slowly an' careful-like, not slaughter legions o' the Underdark in a never-ending onslaught o' waves o' creatures bent on our destruction. Then again, i probably slept through that part o' the meetin', eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,MONK) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] Perhaps you would like to meditate with me.~ + a1013 /* Underdark c-aranpidmonk1 */ IF ~~ a1013 SAY ~[ARAN] You are a better <PRO_MANWOMAN> than I, <CHARNAME>. I will take a pass, on account o' I am sleepin' wi' one eye open, an' dreamin' wi' both open. Until we get out o th' Underdark, i am not relaxin' at all.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,MONK) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] Perhaps you would like to meditate with me.~ + a1032 /* Underdark c-aranpidmonk1 */ IF ~~ a1032 SAY ~[ARAN] TEXT~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Class(Player1,BARD_ALL) RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] I have been writing a good deal about our travels. Perhaps you could lend me some vellum, so I can continue?~ + a1014 /* Underdark c-aranpidbard1 */ IF ~~ a1014 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I tried to make some out o' one o' them mushrooms, but th bloody mushroom grew fangs an' tried to bite. So I am on tight rationin' until we get to th' surface, I am afraid. Sorry.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,BARD_ALL) RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] I have been writing a good deal about our travels. Perhaps you could lend me some vellum, so I can continue?~ + a1033 /* Underdark c-aranpidbard1 */ IF ~~ a1033 SAY ~[ARAN] Sorry. i ran out. The last bit, well... it had some kind o' mold growin' on it. I was just goin' to scrape it of an' keep workin', but it looked at me somethin' fierce, an' I decided to just let it eat th' damned stuff and be on its way.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* class - dependent , Aran (1 or 2 ) */
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I think your spellcasting is getting better. At least, you seem less likely to catch part of me in your spell by accident.~ + a1015 /* Underdark c-aranpidmage2 */ IF ~~a1015  SAY ~[ARAN] Fear be a powerful motivator. I be bloody well motivated.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] We should discuss your fighting tactics sometime.~ + a1016 /* Underdark c-aranpidfighter2 */ IF ~~ a1016 SAY ~[ARAN] Sure. Right after we discuss you shuttin' the nine hells up while we be wanderin' around enemy territory, outnumbered a million to one. Oops, saw a set o' shadows over there - make that one million an' one to one. ~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Have you worked on those lockpicking and de-trapping skills of yours lately?~ + a1017 /* Underdark c-aranpidthief2 */ IF ~~ a1017 SAY ~[ARAN] Too jumpy. I prefer to wait until it be a life an' death situation, on account o then it be easy - do it an' live, or fail an' die, thus avoidin' wanderin' around Underdark while some other poor slob hauls my sorry arse around until we get th' resources together to raise me. Win win, from my perspective.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Perhaps you should ask your god what we should do next, Aran.~ + a1018 /* Underdark c-aranpidcleric2 */ IF ~~ a1018 SAY ~[ARAN] Sorry... I suspect my deity is still angry I actually followed you into the Underdark. Somethin' about th' way my last set o' spells turned my bodily fluids a strange color...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL)~ + ~[PC] How did a rough and tumble character like you ever get to become a paladin, anyways?~ + a1019 /* Underdark c-aranpidpally2 */ IF ~~ a1019 SAY ~[ARAN] Ask me again when we get out o' this blighted place. Right now, I think that mushroom over there grew ears. Literally.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",SORCERER)~ + ~[PC] Aran, you are doing it again. Your left hand is sparking. Can you control yourself?~ + a1020 /* Underdark c-aranpidsorc2 */ IF ~~ a1020 SAY ~[ARAN] It be takin' all my control just to avoid runnin' screamin' like a little girl, randomly blasting bits out o' the Underdark wi' fire an' lightnin'. Someday, i am comin' back to this place wi' an army, an' we are goin' systematically exterminate everythin' down to bare rock. Better yet, I just won't ever, ever come back.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",MONK)~ + ~[PC] I thought monks were quiet, introspective, and subtle. That does not seem to be your style.~ + a1021 /* Underdark c-aranpidmonk2 */ IF ~~ a1021 SAY ~[ARAN] Down here? Heh. I be silent, introspective, an' subtle enough. Or, to put it another way, scared silent, wonderin' why the nine hells i followed you to this Shar-kissed place, an' subtly tryin' to stay close to anythin' that looks like a good place behind which to be divin' for cover.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] So, how is the great Chronicler coming along with the story?~ + a1022 /* Underdark c-aranpidbard2 */ IF ~~ a1022 SAY ~[ARAN] Since this one is turnin' out to be a combination o' heroic thriller an' tale o' horror, I decided to write sheer fantasy instead. My first attempt be a story o' a nice lass what picks up singin', an' proceeds to wander th' Dale Lands, winnin' mens hearts an' sparkin' women's jealousies, leavin' both behind in a wondrous state o' confusion an' heartache. I am titlin' it 'Tess o' Nashkell'. Or 'Deborah Does th' Dale Lands'. Depends on how graphic I want to get on the erotic depictions, see?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Global("c-aranpidud1","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] You are a traveler of wide experience - have you ever been here before?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidud1","LOCALS",1)~ + a1034 /* Underdark no way Jose */ IF ~~ a1034 SAY ~[ARAN] <CHARNAME> You be th' first, last, an' only person what ever asked me to delve Underdark. An' to tell th' truth...~ = ~[ARAN] Look, I follow you an' my sword be yours. But this place, I won't rightly revisit willingly, no matter who is tellin' me to go. No more Underdark for this boy, ever, if i have any say in th' matter.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* FLIRT MENU ADDITIONS, female PC's only */
 /* romance - dependent (1) to allow breakup or resume romance. */ 
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] I need to be clear about this, Aran. I am not interested in a romance with you. Stop talking about it.~ + a1035 /* c-aranpidnointerest */ IF ~~ a1035 SAY ~[ARAN] TEXT~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ + ~[PC] I think we are headed down the wrong path, Aran. It was fun while it lasted, but it is over. Let's just be friends. ~ + a1036 /* c-aranpidbreakup */ IF ~~ a1036 SAY ~[ARAN] TEXT~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",3)~ + ~[PC] Look, I know it is over. But I think I have changed my mind. Perhaps a romance with you might be interesting after all.~ + a1037 /* c-aranpidbreakupover */ IF ~~ a1037 SAY ~[ARAN] TEXT~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* PID Anomen Romance Conflict Toggle */
 + ~InParty("Anomen") Global("c-aanoconflict","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] I like Anomen well enough, Aran. But you keep fighting with him. I want you to stop doing that.~ + a1038 /* c-aranvsanom1s */
 + ~InParty("Anomen") Global("c-aanoconflict","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] I have changed my mind about fighting with Anomen, Aran. Go ahead and speak your mind.~ + a1039 /* c-aranvsanom1c */ 

/* Stop or Restart Flirting:  None show for males. */
 /*  PC Doesn't Want NPC Initiated flirts at all. */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranflirtstop","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You have to stop coming up to me and flirting. I do not want that behavior to continue, here or on the surface.~ + a1040 /* c-aranrestopflirts */ IF ~~ a1040 SAY ~[ARAN] Right. I understand - the Underdark be quite a mood -killer. But I be takin' that order literally, eh? If you change your mind, make sure you tell me, or I will keep my hands to myself permanent-like.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/*  PC Doesn't Want NPC Initiated flirts during underdark. */ 
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranflirtstop","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You have to stop coming up to me and flirting, even if it is in character, Aran. Among Drow, women are the aggressors, not men.~ + a1041 /* underdark c-aranrestopflirts */ IF ~~ a1041 SAY ~[ARAN] Right. I can do that, I think, on account o' I don't want to be the one to get us all killed. Just tell me it is ok after Underdark, right? because once I get an order, it becomes habit. An' <CHARNAME>... ~ = ~[ARAN] You can be as aggressive as you like, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* PC Wants NPC Initiated Flirts, underdark  */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranflirtstop","GLOBAL",1) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] I know Drow are sensuous beings, Aran. You could chase me, just a little, and discreetly...~ + a1042 /* underdark c-aranrestartflirts */ IF ~~ a1042 SAY ~[ARAN] I'll give it a shot, but truth be told, both th' area an' the way we look down here be quick mood killers for me. I can't wait to be up closer to th' night sky wi' you.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* PC Wants NPC Initiated Flirts but Aran is Mad */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranflirtstop","GLOBAL",1) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You do not pay attention to me the way you used to, Aran. I miss your company.~ + a1043 /* c-aranrestartflirtsmad */ IF ~~ a1043 SAY ~[ARAN] I don't rightly know which is the bigger pain in my arse - Underdark, or you. Leave me alone.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* PC Wants To Initiate A Flirt: Underdark */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~(You decide to flirt with Aran)~ + a1044 /* underdark c-pcflirtsaran1 */ IF ~~ a1044 SAY ~[ARAN] TEXT~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* 2d - PC Wants To Initiate A Flirt, But Aran Is Angry - handled within submenu  */

/* PID Scribing Scrolls Blocks */
 + ~Global("c-arscr0","LOCALS",0) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Can you scribe a scroll for me?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arscr0","LOCALS",1)~ + a1045
 + ~Global("c-arscr0","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Tell me again how you work with scrolls and spells.~ + a1045
 + ~Global("c-arscr0","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Can you scribe a scroll for me?~ + a1057
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,1)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1046
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,2)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1047
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,3)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1048
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,4)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1049
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,5)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1050

/* Escape This Dialog State Immediately conditions, both male and female PC's (should be impossible in underdark, but modders do weird things. Just in case... */
 IF ~GlobalGT("c-aranvamped","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("c-aranvamped","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN GOTO c-aranvampire
END

/* remember to ask if flirts can start again after underdark */

And the general PID block fleshed ot minus flirts, of course:

/* PID 3: Options for PC <> Aran, everywhere else */

IF ~IsGabber(Player1) !Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN BEGIN a1077
SAY ~[ARAN]  (Aran walks beside you, watching the surroundings carefully.) ~
 /* General Options, both Male PC and female PC */
 /* voice/string fixer */
 ++ ~[PC] Aran, your voice sounds strange. Have you been drinking again?~ + a989 /* c-aranpidvoice */

/* Some Prefer Silence... Shutdown or re-enable gabby commenting and I_C_Ts */
 + ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] I hate random comments. Only talk about important things, Aran. Even then, try not to talk. ~ + a990 /* c-aransilence */
 + ~Global("c-silencearan","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] Hey, I have changed my mind. Go ahead and say what you want to say, Aran, any time you want to say it. Random comments are fine.~ + a991 /* c-arantalkok */

/* chapter - dependent (1) */
 + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",2) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1078 /*  search for your girlfriend, or not. */ IF ~~ a1078 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, first things first... th' Cowled wizards are not supposed to be the ones in charge o' this land, but think about it - anyone who can do magic here legally has a huge tactical advantage. So first thing I'd bloody well do is go pay th' bastards in th' Government District for a license, or we will be pickin' up shattered, paralyzed, stony fragments of our arses off the cobblestones soon enough.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",3) Global("WorkingForAran","GLOBAL",1) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1079 /*  with friends like these, who needs enemies. */ IF ~~ a1079 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, workin' wi' the likes o' Aran Linvale is kind o' like dancin' wi' a porcupine. You are goin' to get stuck, no mater how gentle you proceed. So I say we need to find us some alternatives, or else dance right carefully.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",3) Global("WorkingForBodhi","GLOBAL",1) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1080 /*  with friends like these,  we are likely to be a midnight snack. */ IF ~~ a1080 SAY ~[ARAN] Not that you want to hear, on account o' I am goin' to say that it is a bad idea to work for a boss what sees you as food rather than a tool. See, a tool can get broken an' mended - it will still be useful. Get busted up a little wi' a bloodsucker, an' you go from useful comrade to midnight snack before you can say 'urk'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",2) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",1)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1237 /*  search for your girlfriend, or not. */ IF ~~ a1237 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, we could pick up a Cowlie, an' extract some information from him. O' course, he might not know anythin' useful, an' then we might have to kill him. But my mum always used to say 'you can't get useful information from a wizard without breaking a few of his bones'. ~ = ~[ARAN] She meant it was impossible to get the information, but I discovered a right interestin' thing while servin' in the 'Fist... a wizard in pain is no trouble, an' very forthcoming. it is when you let him loose that things go all to hell.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",3) Global("WorkingForAran","GLOBAL",1) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",1)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1238 /*  with friends like these, who needs enemies. */ IF ~~ a1238 SAY ~[ARAN] No, not really. I mean, wi' friends like Aran Linvale who needs enemies? He has enough for everyone, an' shares 'em right fine.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",3) Global("WorkingForBodhi","GLOBAL",1) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",1)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1239 /*  with friends like these,  we are likely to be a midnight snack. */ IF ~~ a1239 SAY ~[ARAN] No, not really. I mean, wi' friends like our bloodsucker compatriots, there be few to oppose us. I just worry about what happens when her guild is grabbin' a snack on every street corner all unmolested, like. This place will begin lookin' a lot more like Calimport, that be sure.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~!Dead("C6Bodhi") GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1081 /*  it ain't over 'til the dead lady sings. */ IF ~~ a1081 SAY ~[ARAN] Nothin's over until th' bloodsucker is sent screamin' to th' nine hells. Friend, foe, helper, or obstacle, naught matters but that she be cleared out o' your way. So my advice is to get busy findin' her so we can get busy killin' her.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Dead("C6Bodhi") GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1082 /*  ding, dong, the biatch be dust (which old biatch? The Wicked Biatch!) */ IF ~~ a1082 SAY ~[ARAN] Hmmm... hmm.. ha... sorry, did you say somethin'? I was busy singin' a little 'hey , ho, the bitch be dead, which old bitch, the blood-suckin' bitch...' do you be askin' for my advice? Find us a tavern, an' let's get drinkin'!~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)~ + ~[PC] Well, do you have any advice for me, Aran?~ + a1083  /* Chapter 7: Suldanessellar, Capitol of Plot Devices, then straight to hell. Literally. */ IF ~~ a1083 SAY ~[ARAN] Get us th' nine hells out o' here. Now.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* race - dependent (1) */ 
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Race(Player1,ELF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1084 /*  c-aranpidelf */ IF ~~ a1084 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I have seem precious little o' th' Tel' Quessirim, truth be told. Those ears be a right interestin' sight on a lad. No harm meant, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Race(Player1,HUMAN)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1085 /* c-aranpidhum */ IF ~~ a1085 SAY ~[ARAN] No, naught but tryin' to figure out if you be a native Chondathan, Luskan, or mayhap Rashemi speaker. Must be all that book learnin'. I just can't bloody well place your accent, is all.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Race(Player1,DWARF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1086 /* c-aranpiddwarf */ IF ~~ a1086 SAY ~[ARAN] Nothin' wrong. Just tryin' not to trip over your short little sorry arse, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Race(Player1,HALFORC)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1087 /* c-aranpidorc */ IF ~~ a1087 SAY ~[ARAN] Just tryin' to figure out how to avoid tellin' you that you be the ugliest son o' a bitch I ever did lay eyes on. No harm meant, o' course.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Race(Player1,GNOME)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1088 /* c-aranpidgnome */ IF ~~ a1088 SAY ~[ARAN] Nope. Though I always thought you gnomish were more fantasy than real. First time I done seen you. Kinda like gibberlin', only not so blue, an' a damned sight smarter, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Race(Player1,HALFLING)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1089 /* c-aranpidhan */ IF ~~ a1089 SAY ~[ARAN] Just makin' sure I can see your hands, is all. Most o' the Han I done met, well... they had an' initerestin' approach to property rights. As in, takin' other people's property, that be right.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1090 /* c-aranpidhaldelf */ IF ~~ a1090 SAY ~[ARAN] Just a mite pissed off, is all. I got enough trouble attractin' womenfolk, an' here you come along wi' just enough o' that elven heritage to make you the object o' every girl's eyes, for good or ill. Some men have all the bloody luck, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

+ ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Race(Player1,ELF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1091 /* c-aranpidelffem */ IF ~~ a1091 SAY ~[ARAN] ~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END 
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Race(Player1,HUMAN)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1092 /* c-aranpidhumfem */ IF ~~ a1092 SAY ~[ARAN] Nothin' wrong. Just enjoyin' th' scenery, is all.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Race(Player1,DWARF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1093 /* c-aranpiddwarffem */ IF ~~ a1093 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I be curious... Just thinkin' about beards, no beards, braided beards, beards wi' flowers... you know, the usual odd speculation about dwarven womenfolk. ~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Race(Player1,HALFORC)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1094 /* c-aranpidorcfem */ IF ~~ a1094 SAY ~[ARAN] I got nothin' against Half orc womenfolk, only... it b th' green in your skin. Makes me worry about how you be feelin', eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Race(Player1,GNOME)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1095 /* c-aranpidgnomefem */ IF ~~ a1095 SAY ~[ARAN] Done met only one other gnomish woman in my life. An' she were the chattiest little sparrowhawk o' a librarian I ever did meet, always tryin' to set up a lendin' library around Beregost way. Looked a bit like you, too, only i am not quite sure I can tell th' difference between you gnomes right well, anyhow.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Race(Player1,HALFLING)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1096 /* c-aranpidhanfem */ IF ~~ a1096 SAY ~[ARAN] Just tryin' to figure out how the gods crammed so much curvy womanhood into only three feet.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)~ + ~[PC] You keep looking at me. Is there something wrong?~ + a1097 /* c-aranpidhaldelffem */ IF ~~ a107 SAY ~[ARAN] Sorry. It be th' eyes. No, the ears. No, the chin... hells, I don't know what it be. But you just fascinate th' hells out o' me.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* reputation - dependent (1) */
 + ~ReputationGT(Player1,17)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1098 /*  c-aranpidgood */ IF ~~ a1098 SAY ~[ARAN] Yep. We have done so much good, our Cyric-blighted poop don't stink. Not that I mind, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,18) ReputationGT(Player1,14)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1099 /*  c-aranpidbetter */ IF ~~ a1099 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, some good, some non-committal, but in general, we are on th' side o' Solars an' Planetars, eh? Good place to be, unless we are headed to Calimport next.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,15) ReputationGT(Player1,9)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1100 /*  c-aranpidneutral */ IF ~~ a1100 SAY ~[ARAN] If by reputation, you mean "who the hells are those idiots standin' over in the corner wi' all the fancy gear', then aye. Most folks just don't rightly know what to make o' us.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,10) ReputationGT(Player1,4)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1101 /*  c-aranpidbad */ IF ~~ a1101 SAY ~[ARAN] Yep. Red Wizards, Xanathar's Guild, Zhents, an' us. Gets th' job done right quick when we say '<CHARNAME', an' folks start tremblin' an' hidin' their children.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~ReputationLT(Player1,5)~ + ~[PC] We seem to be getting quite a reputation.~ + a1102 /* c-aranpidevil */ IF ~~ a1102 SAY ~[ARAN] Sure. Hells, that last bar, I mentioned your name to a Red Wizard an' he pissed himself. That be power o' I kind, I guess.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* class - dependent , PC (1 or 2 ) */
 + ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] Do you want some help scribing a scroll?~ + a1103 /*  c-aranpidmage1 */ IF ~~ a1103 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, thank you right kindly, but I still got some work to do on th' scroll you had me start on. I'll be lettin' you know if i get stuck, though.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Do you want some help scribing a scroll?~ + a1057
 + ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Sparring practice might be useful.~ + a1104 /*  c-aranpidfighter1 */ IF ~~ a1104 SAY ~[ARAN] Aye. You sure could use some. Or was that some sort o' crack about my lack o' skills?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Hey, stand over there. I want to practice sneaking up on you.~ + a1105 /*  c-aranpidthief1male */ IF ~~ a1105 SAY ~[ARAN] If I wanted to be taken advantage of like that, you would have to be a damn sight prettier, younger, an' one hell of a lot more female, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Hey, stand over there. I want to practice sneaking up on you.~ + a1240 /*  c-aranpidthief1female */ IF ~~ a1240 SAY ~[ARAN] If I wanted to be taken advantage of like that... what do I be sayin'. Sure thing, <CHARNAME>. I think I found a right good place to hide a few coins, too, somewhere south o' my belt...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,MALE) Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1106 /*  c-aranpidcleric1gm */ IF ~~ a1106 SAY ~[ARAN] Why, thank you kindly. Hey... make sure you mention I deserve a right fair pile o' coin, an' a redheaded young wife to keep my house an' bed warm, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1241 /*  c-aranpidcleric1gf */ IF ~~ a1241 SAY ~[ARAN] Why, thank you kindly. Hey... make sure you mention gold, comfort, an' the love o' a good woman, eh? That would be a right fine answer to my prayers.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1107 /*  c-aranpidcleric1e */ IF ~~ a1107 SAY ~[ARAN] Don't be doin' me no favors, <CHARNAME>. The gods what favor you, they want somethin' in return for those prayers. I'll just back your play an' stay out o' sight if I can, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD) !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ + ~[PC] I will say a prayer for you, Aran.~ + a1108 /*  c-aranpidcleric1n */ IF ~~ a1108 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, if you think it will balance me all out, sure. Only most o' th' neutral gods, they take in equal measure to what they give, so go light on the requests, eh?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) !Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Have you ever thought of following the ways of my order?~ + a1109 /*  c-aranpidpally1 */ IF ~~ a1109 SAY ~[ARAN] Corellon's Cheerful Chortle, an' here they say paladins don't have no sense o' humor! That would be right funny, <CHARNAME>... me, a knight in shinin' armor.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL) Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL)~ + ~[PC] It is good to travel with a fellow paladin. Tell me, have you ever thought of following the ways of my order?~ + a1110 /*  c-aranpidpally1 */ IF ~~ a1110 SAY ~[ARAN] I'm right fine wi' my own, thanks, though I appreciate th' sentiment. Truth be told, I'm not much o' a standard-bearer in any order. Mostly, I get used as the 'how-not-to' demonstration.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,SORCERER)~ + ~[PC] Here, catch. (Conjure a globe of light and toss it towards Aran.)~ + a1111 /*  c-aranpidsorc1 */ IF ~~ a1111 SAY ~[ARAN] HEY! (Ducks frantically and flails his arms).~  = ~[ARAN] Scared th' crap right out o' me, there, <CHARNAME>. Usually, I see a glowin' ball o' energy headed my direction from any sort o' spellcaster, I say a prayer an' expect to be facin' Kelemvor to explain why none o' th' gods want my sorry arse pollutin' their domain.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,MONK)~ + ~[PC] Perhaps you would like to meditate with me.~ + a1112 /*  c-aranpidmonk1 */ IF ~~ a1112 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, sure, I can try that. Only, you call it meditatin'. I usually just call it a nap.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I have been writing a good deal about our travels. Perhaps you could lend me some vellum, so I can continue?~ + a1113 /*  c-aranpidbard1 */ IF ~~ a1113 SAY ~[ARAN] No bloody way, m'<PRO_BOYGIRL>... I am runnin' short. Besides, I done seen what you do wi' your quill, an' I suspect it might be better for sheep, cows, reeds, an' trees everywhere if you dictate, an' leave the writin' to me.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* class - dependent , Aran (1 or 2 ) */
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I think your spellcasting is getting better. At least, you seem less likely to catch part of me in your spell by accident.~ + a1114 /*  c-aranpidmage2 */ IF ~~ a1114 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I been practicin'. Last night, I only set my hair on fire twice, an' i am pretty sure i managed no polymorph that cup back into... hells. Nope. It's still in spider form, an' crawlin' around in my gear.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] We should discuss your fighting tactics sometime.~ + a1115 /*  c-aranpidfighter2 */ IF ~~ a1115 SAY ~[ARAN] Last person to say that was my old trainer. If you be anythin' like him, I suspect that really means 'Aran, you stupid bastard, next chance I get I am goin' to show you how to kill things by beatin' th' crap out o' you.' ~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Have you worked on those lockpicking and de-trapping skills of yours lately?~ + a1116 /*  c-aranpidthief2 */ IF ~~ a1116 SAY ~[ARAN] Why, absolutely, workin' on one right now. Here, let me...~ = ~[ARAN] (*click*)~ = ~[ARAN] Cyric's Black Blood. Damned thing just caught my finger.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Perhaps you should ask your god what we should do next, Aran.~ + a1117 /*  c-aranpidcleric2 */ IF ~~ a1117 SAY ~[ARAN] I was thinkin' th' same thing. Only, my god usually helps those who help themselves. So I be savin' up my askin' for guidance for when things get real bad. Like when we run out o' ale.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",PALADIN_ALL)~ + ~[PC] How did a rough and tumble character like you ever get to become a paladin, anyways?~ + a1118 /* c-aranpidpally2 */ IF ~~ a1118 SAY ~[ARAN] It be a funny story. I was fightin' alongside some right fine paladins up near Cloakwood, an' one o' the young ones got stuck fightin' off some Chill. We got separated, an' things looked right desperate.~ = ~[ARAN] Well, the poor lad got a mite bit scared, but he was an officer, so no matter. I helped him out a bit, an' he got all puffed up an' promised if he lived through the day, he would see me inducted for bravery.~ = ~[ARAN] Long story short, we lived. An' th' damned fool came along an' brought me into the order, claimin' he could not go back on his word, made in front o' his god an' all.~ = ~[ARAN] I tried to let him know officers promise all sorts o' crap all the time to get men an' women to lay down their lives - it be part o' the job. But I didn't have th' heart to say no to the lad, he seemed so serious. So, here I be, the swearin'est, dirtiest, roughest son o' a bitch to be put in the Order. Somewhere, somebody be havin' a right fine cosmic joke, eh?~  IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",SORCERER)~ + ~[PC] Aran, you are doing it again. Your left hand is sparking. Can you control yourself?~ + a1119 /*  c-aranpidsorc2 */ IF ~~ a1119 SAY ~[ARAN] If I could control myself, do you think I'd be anywhere near here?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",MONK)~ + ~[PC] I thought monks were quiet, introspective, and subtle. That does not seem to be your style.~ + a1120 /*  c-aranpidmonk2 */ IF ~~ a1120 SAY ~[ARAN] You know, you have a bloody gift for understatement.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] So, how is the great Chronicler coming along with the story?~ + a1121 /*  c-aranpidbard2 */ IF ~~ a1121  SAY ~[ARAN] Well, so far, the little princess has escaped the evil sorcerer, scammed her way into the prince's bedchamber, an' is busy teachin' th' lad how to wield his... oh. You mean th' journal o' our travels. They be comin' along fine.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* area - dependent (1 or 2 ) */
 + ~RandomNum(4,4) AreaType(DUNGEON)~ + ~[PC] These surroundings are a little gloomy, aren't they?~ + a1122 /* c-aranpiddungeon1 */ IF ~~ a1122 SAY ~[ARAN] Gloomier than a blind giant at Spring Mating Festival.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~RandomNum(4,3) AreaType(DUNGEON)~ + ~[PC] These surroundings are a little gloomy, aren't they?~ + a1123 /* c-aranpiddungeon2 */ IF ~~ a1123 SAY ~[ARAN] Dark as th' inside o' a Pit o' Despair.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~RandomNum(4,2) AreaType(DUNGEON)~ + ~[PC] These surroundings are a little gloomy, aren't they?~ + a1124 /* c-aranpiddungeon3 */ IF ~~ a1124 SAY ~[ARAN] If this be a little gloomy, then a Dragon be a little dangerous.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~RandomNum(4,1) AreaType(DUNGEON)~ + ~[PC] These surroundings are a little gloomy, aren't they?~ + a1125 /* c-aranpiddungeon4 */ IF ~~ a1125 SAY ~[ARAN] Nothin' a little light an' fresh air wouldn't clean up. O' course by light I mean a dozen fireballs, an' by fresh air I mean crack th' bloody ceiling clear through until it be open to the sky.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~TimeOfDay(NIGHT) AreaType(CITY) RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] The sights and sounds of a darkened city, laid out before us...~ + a1126 /* c-aranpidnightcity 1 */ IF ~~ a1126 SAY ~[ARAN] ...give us your poor, your tired wenches, yearning to be wenched... ~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~TimeOfDay(NIGHT) AreaType(CITY) RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] The sights and sounds of a darkened city, laid out before us...~ + a1127 /* c-aranpidnightcity 2 */ IF ~~ a1127 SAY ~[ARAN] ...laid out, taken advantage of, molested, an' generally screwed. Don't get me wrong, a city be a beautiful, exitin' thing. At night, though, it be naught but trouble.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~TimeOfDay(NIGHT) AreaType(CITY) RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] The sights and sounds of a darkened city, laid out before us...~ + a1242 /* c-aranpidnightcity 2 */ IF ~~ a1242 SAY ~[ARAN] It be a beautiful sight. now, if we van avoid gettin' caught between a rock an' a hard place, we could slip around to a nice tavern an' get to th' business o' drinkin'...~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~TimeOfDay(DAY) AreaType(CITY) RandomNum(3,1)~ + ~[PC] The sights and sounds of a busy bright day in the city, with a thousand adventures ahead...~ + a1243 /* c-aranpiddaycity 1 */ IF ~~ a1243 SAY ~[ARAN] ...most o' them involvin' you, me, an' a fight to the death against impossible odds. I love th' smell o' fightin' in the mornin'!~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END  
 + ~TimeOfDay(DAY) AreaType(CITY) RandomNum(3,2)~ + ~[PC] The sights and sounds of a busy bright day in the city, with a thousand adventures ahead...~ + a1128 /* c-aranpiddaycity 1 */ IF ~~ a1128 SAY ~[ARAN] If by 'adventures' you mean wanderin' the darker parts o' town in search o' some decent spices, lead on. I am runnin' low, an' food without spice is like sleep wi' out dreams.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~TimeOfDay(DAY) AreaType(CITY) RandomNum(3,3)~ + ~[PC] The sights and sounds of a busy bright day in the city, with a thousand adventures ahead...~ + a1129 /* c-aranpiddaycity 2 */  IF ~~ a1129 SAY ~[ARAN] Bloody cheerful, aren't you? Sounds like somebody done found a lover... ~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~TimeOfDay(NIGHT) AreaType(FOREST)~ + ~[PC] Aran, what are you looking at? Is something wrong?~ + a1130 /*   c-aranpidnightforest */ IF ~~ a1130 SAY ~[ARAN] Thought I saw somethin' movin'. Turned out it was a berrygobbler, so no problems.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~TimeOfDay(DAY) AreaType(FOREST)~ + ~[PC] Aran, what are you looking at? Is something wrong?~ + a1131 /*  c-aranpiddayforest */ IF ~~ a1131 SAY ~[ARAN] That tree... I swear it looked right back at me.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR0300") Global("c-aranpidac1","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Do you know anything interesting about the Docks District?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac1","LOCALS",1)~ + a1132 /* pid  Docks */ IF ~~ a1132 SAY ~[ARAN] I know you can find almost anythin' for sale, you can find work o' both nice an' not so nice kinds, an' you can find yourself knocked out n' chained to a rowin' bench headed for Calimport.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR0400") Global("c-aranpidac2","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Now, a traveler like you should know something about these slums. Do you have any information for me?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac2","LOCALS",1)~ + a1133 /* pid  Slums */ IF ~~ a1133 SAY ~[ARAN] Don't give coin to strangers? Don't drink th' water? Xvim's Spit, <CHARNAME>... I don't usually frequent slums. I take contracts to go in an' roust the poor bastards, knock some heads together, mayhap burn down a building or two. We might ask a native or two, though. These folks would sell their child into slavery wi' you for a few coins.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR0500") Global("c-aranpidac3","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC]  Have you ever been to the Bridge District before, Aran?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac3","LOCALS",1)~ + a1134 /* pid Bridge District */ IF ~~ a1134 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I marched through here once, on a day contract. Local merchant house wanted to make a big splash, an' hired a bunch o' sellswords to wear pink an' purple livery an' guard a carriage through town.~ = ~[ARAN] It did not work out well, though. When the crowd weren't laughin', they were lookin' at all the finery, an' seein' little in th' way o' armor. Rival house took advantage, an' beat the lot o' us, dumped the carriage, an' dumped the poor passenger in the mud.~ = ~[ARAN] Learned a good lesson that day, too... don't be tryin' to punch a man in the mouth what wears full plate. It busts your knuckles up somethin' fierce.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR0700") Global("c-aranpidac4","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] What can you tell me about this Promenade, here?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac4","LOCALS",1)~ + a1135 /* pid Waukeen's Promenade */ IF ~~ a1135 SAY ~[ARAN] This place, I know. There be a circus to visit, an' until some idiot blew a great hole in th' shops over there, you could pick up good work as scribe or mercenary guard at daily, tenday, or monthly contracts. An up over there, th' Inn o' the Seven Veils has some right fine entertainment if you can afford it. Hells, I hope Sheri is playin' again tonight. Got my eye on her. I'd have more, but she might object.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR0701") Global("c-aranpidac5","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Great. Stinking, slimy sewers. Any suggestions on how to proceed?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac5","LOCALS",1)~ + a1136 /* pid Sewers */ IF ~~ a1136 SAY ~[ARAN] Up?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR0800") Global("c-aranpidac6","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] I suspect we will all end up in a place like this graveyard. But do you have any ideas on how to delay that for as long as possible? ~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac6","LOCALS",1)~ + a1137 /* pid Graveyard */ IF ~~ a1137 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, eat right, avoid drinkin' to excess, stop smokin', an' avoid dragons an' liches. Oh, an' vampires. Avoid them, too. other than that, I got naught to advise.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL) AreaCheck("AR0900") Global("c-aranpidac7","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] I suspect you have spent very little time in the Temple District. But have you heard anything about it?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac7","LOCALS",1)~ + a1138 /* pid Temple District cleric */ IF ~~ a1138 SAY ~[ARAN] I have heard there be only three big temples here, an' all three are not to be trifled with. Sometimes they hire out work, too. I also heard there be a new religion in town, somethin' about an 'Unseein' one' ore somethin' like that. Figured any god called 'Unseein' was also 'Unfeelin', so I gave it a wide berth.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~!Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL) AreaCheck("AR0900") Global("c-aranpidac7","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] I suspect you have spent very little time in the Temple District. But have you heard anything about it?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac7","LOCALS",1)~ + a1139 /* pidTemple District */ IF ~~ a1139 SAY ~[ARAN] With my language? No way. All I heard was someone was causin' some troubles for the three big temples here, an' there was a rumor they might be in th' market for some hirin'. I gave it a wide berth, as religious wars, well... they don't ever end.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR1000") Global("c-aranpidac8","LOCALS",0) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] The seat of governance. Just the place a smart sellsword would have done some research on...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac8","LOCALS",1)~ + a1140 /* pid Government District */ IF ~~ a1140 SAY ~[ARAN] Damn straight. If you want to get freedom to use magic, even in self defense, go visit th' government an' buy a 'license'. The 'Fist had us covered on a jaunt here a few years back, an' it saved our lives. Funny thing - everywhere i go, there be rules about what be illegal. An' there be some government official what will sell you a little piece o' parchment that will let you do it anyways.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR1000") Global("c-aranpidac8","LOCALS",0) Global("KnowsCowledBribe","LOCALS",1)~ + ~[PC] The seat of governance. Just the place a smart sellsword would have done some research on...~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac8","LOCALS",1)~ + a1244 /* pid Government District */ IF ~~ a1140 SAY ~[ARAN] Damn straight. You got your Council Building, wi' scribe work locked up by guild insiders. You got your prison, wi' guard work locked up by th' Amnian military insiders. You got your rich merchant nobility, what hires retainers anywhere but on their doorstep. You got your Order o' the Radiant Heart, so lots o' grim faced no-nonsense upper crust walkin' about. Hells, if it weren't for the current fashions on noble's dresses, wi' the bodice pulled all skin-tight an' all, this whole District would be a washout.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR1100") Global("c-aranpidac9","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Have you ever been here before, Aran?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac9","LOCALS",1)~ + a1141 /* pid Umar Hills */ IF ~~ a1141 SAY ~[ARAN] No, I can't rightly say I have. Nice, fresh smellin' place, though. I think I just stepped in somethin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR1200") Global("c-aranpidac10","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Have you ever visited this wilderness before, Aran?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac10","LOCALS",1)~ + a1142 /* pid Windspear Hills */ IF ~~ a1142 SAY ~[ARAN] Never had th' pleasure. Mighty big nest o' tangled woodlands, eh? good for huntin'. Not sure if I mean good for us huntin', or good for what be huntin' us.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR1404") Global("c-aranpidac11","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Have you heard anything about these ruins, Aran?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac11","LOCALS",1)~ + a1143 /* pid Temple Ruins */ IF ~~ a1143 SAY ~[ARAN] No, but I have a general rule about ruins. Usually they have great stuff to take up an' get back in use, fillin' our purses. Unfortunately, as a general rule, you get the pleasure of bein' killed tryin' to haul it out.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR1600") Global("c-aranpidac12","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Have you ever been here before, Aran?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac12","LOCALS",1)~ + a1144 /* pid Brynnlaw */ IF ~~ a1144 SAY ~[ARAN] Oh, sure, sure thing.... lived here all my life, in fact. I have a nice little cottage here, wi' a nice little rose garden an' three bouncin' kids, lookin' over a bloody secret prison an' pirate base.~ = ~[ARAN] Talos' Tremendous Temper, <CHARNAME>, if Moonshea knew these bastards were camped out here, I'd have known the place intimately, on account o' we would have been sent to burn the bloody island to the rock, an' set spells to make it uninhabitable for a thousand years.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR2000") Global("c-aranpidac13","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] So, when was the last time you were in Trademeet?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac13","LOCALS",1)~ + a1145 /* pid Trademeet */ IF ~~ a1145 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, last time I was here, I was on a tradin' coster wagon. Me an Jeris... good times. I think i got banned from one o' the inns here, n account o'... well, it be a long story. Right fine place to trade, though, an' the Guild looks out for its own. Sure looks different now.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR2800") Global("c-aranpidac14","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] You are a traveler of wide experience - have you ever been here before?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac14","LOCALS",1)~ + a1146 /* pid Suldanessellar (Chapter 7) */ IF ~~ a1146 SAY ~[ARAN] No, I can't say i have. I stuck mostly to th' coast, workin' short haul an' stayin' close to Calimport. I met a Fist or two who served short term down here, but none o' them talked about it much. I got the impression that life around here is dry, dusty, hot, miserable,an bloody short.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END
 + ~AreaCheck("AR2900") Global("c-aranpidac15","LOCALS",0)~ + ~[PC] Well, you asked for it, and now you made it here. Did you ever think that all that blasphemy would actually get you pulled all the way to the nine hells?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidac15","LOCALS",1)~ + a1147 /* pid Nine Hells (Chapter 7) */ IF ~~ a1147 SAY ~[ARAN] looks like Calimport. Only cleaner.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* AR2100 et al, Underdark has it's own PID. Easier just to use Chapter = 5 */
 /* Watcher's Keep - duplicated in ToB - add later?  */

/*
AreaCheck("AR3000") // Watcher's Keep
AreaCheck("AR3001") //  Watcher's Keep -- Altar level
AreaCheck("AR3003") //  Watcher's Keep -- Compass level
AreaCheck("AR3004") //  Watcher's Keep
*/
 + ~Global("c-aranpidWK1","LOCALS",0) OR(4) AreaCheck("AR3000") AreaCheck("AR3001") AreaCheck("AR3003") AreaCheck("AR3004")~ + ~[PC] Well, we are off to do some good old fashioned dungeon exploring, eh, Aran?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidWK1","LOCALS",1)~ + a1148 /* c-aranpidWK1  */  IF ~~ a1148  SAY ~[ARAN] Laugh away, <CHARNAME>. In all those bard's stories, the protagonist goes in wi' a valiant band o' followers, an' by the end <PRO_HESHE> is valiantly strugglin' out while aforesaid band o' followers valiantly bleeds to death protectin' aforesaid protagonist's arse.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/*
AreaCheck("AR3005") //  Watcher's Keep -- tieflings
AreaCheck("AR3006") //  Watcher's Keep -- Succubus
AreaCheck("AR3007") //  Watcher's Keep -- Cambion
AreaCheck("AR3008") //  Watcher's Keep -- Balor (Paladin Sword)
*/
 + ~Global("c-aranpidWK2","LOCALS",0) OR(4) AreaCheck("AR3005") AreaCheck("AR3006") AreaCheck("AR3007") AreaCheck("AR3008")~ + ~[PC] Well, what do you think of this place?~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidWK2","LOCALS",1)~ + a1149 /*  c-aranpidWK2  */ IF ~~ a1149 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, the wildlife has right perky breasts, long fangs, an' an unaccountable taste for a poor lad's blood. So far, I'd give it a nine out o' ten on th' 'stay the hells away' vacation list.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/*
AreaCheck("AR3009") //  Watcher's Keep
AreaCheck("AR3010") //  Watcher's Keep -- Tanarri -- Obelisk
AreaCheck("AR3011") //  Watcher's Keep -- Bards Gloves, Manmans Journal
AreaCheck("AR3012") //  Watcher's Keep -- Tahazzar
*/
 + ~Global("c-aranpidWK3","LOCALS",0) OR(4) AreaCheck("AR3009") AreaCheck("AR3010") AreaCheck("AR3011") AreaCheck("AR3012")~ + ~[PC] I do not think that this place was designed to let us in easily.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidWK3","LOCALS",1)~ + a1150 /*  c-aranpidWK3  */ IF ~~ a1150 SAY ~[ARAN] i don't rightly think it wants us out, either. At least, not alive an' kickin'.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/*
AreaCheck("AR3013") //  Watcher's Keep -- Karashur
AreaCheck("AR3014") //  Watcher's Keep -- White Dragon Scales
AreaCheck("AR3015") //  Watcher's Keep -- Aesgareth
AreaCheck("AR3016") //  Watcher's Keep -- Chromatic Demon; Elementalist Level
*/

+ ~Global("c-aranpidWK4","LOCALS",0) OR(4) AreaCheck("AR3013") AreaCheck("AR3014") AreaCheck("AR3015") AreaCheck("AR3016") ~ + ~[PC] Have you had enough wandering around in the dark trying not to get killed?~  DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidWK4","LOCALS",1)~ + a1151 /*  c-aranpidWK4  */ IF ~~ a1151 SAY ~[ARAN] Do that be a trick question?~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/*
AreaCheck("AR3017") //  Watcher's Keep -- Carston and the machine
AreaCheck("AR3018") //  Watcher's Keep -- Saladrex (Dragon)
AreaCheck("AR3019") //  Watcher's Keep -- Helmite Level -- Last Seals
AreaCheck("AR3020") //  Watcher's Keep -- Imprisoned One
AreaCheck("AR3021") //  Watcher's Keep -- Ilithids
AreaCheck("AR3022") //  Watcher's Keep -- Anti-Paladins
*/

+ ~Global("c-aranpidWK5","LOCALS",0) OR(6) AreaCheck("AR3017") AreaCheck("AR3018") AreaCheck("AR3019") AreaCheck("AR3020") AreaCheck("AR3021") AreaCheck("AR3022") ~ + ~[PC] Our challenges seem to be getting harder to overcome.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidWK5","LOCALS",1)~ + a1152 /*  c-aranpidWK5  */ IF ~~ a1152 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, relax, m'<PRO_BOYGIRL>o... so far, we just get to battle improbably rare creatures from darkest deepest legend. Hells, as long as we are not battlin' a god or an arch-demon, we have nothin' to fear. All part o' th' job.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/*
AreaCheck("AR3023") //  Watcher's Keep -- "Adventure Level" (Mini Map!!!)
AreaCheck("AR3024") //  Watcher's Keep -- Dragon -- Fear Challenge
AreaCheck("AR3025") //  Watcher's Keep -- Orcs -- Ixilos Nail
AreaCheck("AR3026") //  Watcher's Keep -- Imp -- Game
AreaCheck("AR3027") //  Watcher's Keep -- Crypt -- Demi-Lich
*/
 + ~Global("c-aranpidWK6","LOCALS",0) OR(5) AreaCheck("AR3023") AreaCheck("AR3024") AreaCheck("AR3025") AreaCheck("AR3026") AreaCheck("AR3027") ~ + ~[PC] You are looking a little pale, Aran. Here, have some iron rations, and a bit of something to drink.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranpidWK6","LOCALS",1)~ + a1153 /*  c-aranpidWK6  */ IF ~~ a1153 SAY ~[ARAN] Unless that drink is mostly hard liquor, forget it. I would say this place is gettin' on my nerves, but that would be an understatement.~ IF ~~ THEN EXIT END

/* FLIRT MENU ADDITIONS, female PC's only */
 /* romance - dependent (1) to allow breakup or resume romance. */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] I need to be clear about this, Aran. I am not interested in a romance with you. Stop talking about it.~ + a1035 /* c-aranpidnointerest */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ + ~[PC] I think we are headed down the wrong path, Aran. It was fun while it lasted, but it is over. Let's just be friends. ~ + a1036 /* c-aranpidbreakup */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",3)~ + ~[PC] Look, I know it is over. But I think I have changed my mind. Perhaps a romance with you might be interesting after all.~ + a1037 /* c-aranpidbreakupover */

/* PID Anomen Romance Conflict Toggle */
 + ~InParty("Anomen") Global("c-aanoconflict","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] I like Anomen well enough, Aran. But you keep fighting with him. I want you to stop doing that.~ + a1038 /* c-aranvsanom1s */
 + ~InParty("Anomen") Global("c-aanoconflict","GLOBAL",1)~ + ~[PC] I have changed my mind about fighting with Anomen, Aran. Go ahead and speak your mind.~ + a1039 /* c-aranvsanom1c */

/* Stop or Restart Flirting; (1) of the three should be active at any one time. None show for males. */
 /*  PC Doesn't Want NPC Initiated flirts */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranflirtstop","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You have to stop coming up to me and flirting. I do not want that behavior to continue.~ + a1154 /* c-aranrestopflirts */ 
 /* PC Wants NPC Initiated Flirts */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranflirtstop","GLOBAL",1) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You do not pay attention to me the way you used to, Aran. I miss your company.~ + a1155 /* c-aranrestartflirts */

/* PC Wants NPC Initiated Flirts but Aran is Mad */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranflirtstop","GLOBAL",1) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN REPLY ~[PC] You do not pay attention to me the way you used to, Aran. I miss your company.~ + a1156 /* c-aranrestartflirtsmad */

/*  PC Initiated Flirting;  (1) of the four should be active at any one time. None show for males. */

/* PC Wants To Initiate A Flirt: Lightweight */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranpcflirtstart","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~(You decide to flirt with Aran)~ + a1074 /* c-pcflirtsaran1 */

/* PC Wants To Initiate A Flirt: Heavyweight */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranpcflirtstart","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~(You decide to flirt with Aran)~ + a1075 /*  c-pcflirtsaran2 */

/* PC Wants To Initiate A Flirt: Mature */
 + ~Gender(Player1,FEMALE) Global("c-aranpcflirtstart","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aransex","GLOBAL",1) OR(2) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",1) Global("c-aranromance","GLOBAL",2) Global("c-aranfight","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY ~(You decide to flirt with Aran)~ + a1076 /*  c-pcflirtsaran3 */

/* 2d - PC Wants To Initiate A Flirt, But Aran Is Angry - handled within submenu  */

/* PID Scribing Scrolls Blocks */
 + ~Global("c-arscr0","LOCALS",0) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Can you scribe a scroll for me?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arscr0","LOCALS",1)~ + a1045
 + ~Global("c-arscr0","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Tell me again how you work with scrolls and spells.~ + a1045
 + ~Global("c-arscr0","LOCALS",1) Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Can you scribe a scroll for me?~ + a1057
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,1)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1046
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,2)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1047
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,3)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1048
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,4)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1049
 + ~Global("c-aranscribe","GLOBAL",1) RandNum(5,5)~ + ~[PC] Is that scroll done yet?~ + a1050

/* Escape This Dialog State Immediately conditions, both male and female PC's (should be impossible in underdark, but modders do weird things. Just in case... */
 IF ~GlobalGT("c-aranvamped","GLOBAL",0) GlobalLT("c-aranvamped","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN GOTO c-aranvampire
END

Archived