Photo

Bug reports in v30

457 replies to this topic

#451 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6116 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

No I haven't. I just saw it on the Big World list awhile back and have used it the past few installs. I chose the minimal option. Maybe I should leave it off in the future. I haven't noticed a difference either way.

The list for the BGT and EET are two different beasts. And you shouldn't use the BGTs list in the EE games at all. Instead, you should use the noted EET's compatible list as a base. From which the BWS should draw it's iterations.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#452 islandking

islandking
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:55 AM

@haze

My current setup is similar to yours, except kit tweaks and EET of course, I hope modders work together to solve the EET & SCS compatibility issue, really like to play Sandrah saga with SCS...

Edited by islandking, 11 July 2017 - 03:56 AM.

#453 Azoth

Azoth
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

I did an EET + SCS (+ manually applied BWFixpack) installation (Windows) a couple of minutes ago. All SCS components installed smoothly.

No other mods installed.

#454 haze

haze
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

No I haven't. I just saw it on the Big World list awhile back and have used it the past few installs. I chose the minimal option. Maybe I should leave it off in the future. I haven't noticed a difference either way.

The list for the BGT and EET are two different beasts. And you shouldn't use the BGTs list in the EE games at all. Instead, you should use the noted EET's compatible list as a base. From which the BWS should draw it's iterations.

I did follow the EET compatible list. I just used the Big World PDF for installation order since the BWS installer is Windows only.

#455 haze

haze
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

I found a solution. I hate when I search on forums and people say they fixed it, but don't tell you what they did. So, if anybody else has a similar issue to me and google brought you here .... Below is my fix.

For some reason SCS files weren't being moved to /stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out with the Big World Fixpack. Luckily, I had an old BG2 install on an external HDD with the necessary files in /ssl_out. I copied them over manually, reran the SCS installer, and voila .... success. 4 days and many, many, many attempts it was as easy as that. If you don't have those files ask a forum member to zip for you and unzip into the folder. Now off to see if the game will actually play. It did start .... crossing fingers.

So I don't have those files, mind sending them :D

Try this SSL OUT. Run the BiG World Fixpack after unpacking your mods then manually copy these files into /stratagems_external/ workspace/ssl_out. It worked for me. After a few failed install attempts I also made a copy of the 07802 folder before running SCS so I could easily delete if it screwed up and just make a copy of the copy and try again. That sped up the process a bit.

#456 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

After a few failed install attempts I also made a copy of the 07802 folder before running SCS so I could easily delete if it screwed up and just make a copy of the copy and try again. That sped up the process a bit.

EVERYONE should always have a clean copy of their game folder saved somewhere when they attempt this stuff.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#457 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6116 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

... have a clean ...

Why ?

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#458 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6116 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

... have a clean ...

Why ?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users