Sensible entrance points, new for v12

On my BGT installation, this component won't install. :-(

[./override/worldmap.wmp] loaded, 103616 bytes

ERROR: cannot convert lhouse_idx or %lhouse_idx% to an integer

ERROR: [worldmap.wmp] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

Romantic Encounters would probably be touched by this, too. And there was a mod that added a path to Spellhold through the Order?

Yes, RE Bjornin would have to be adjusted: his spawning (RE/Bjornin/C#AR0903.baf) is supposed to be in the meeting room with the long table (on the red carpet), and the cutscene (C#BJCUT1.baf) takes him and the PC to an empty mirror of the indoors NORH, and is supposed to take them into the little chamber that is the PC's if he joins the Order,I think, the one besides the quarters. For both locations, there is only little adjustment necessary, I think.

I'll check RE, thanks. The ar0903.bcs additions will be adjusted normally, but the cutscene will need some poking.

CamDawg - Ajantis is a mess. I have him go back to the order several times if he leaves the group under different conditions. I think it is better if I look myself, although I appreciate your offer. What information would you like to have? Do you want me to point out all the instances in the .d-files?

I let him do EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",1730,825,0) and EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",1730,400,0) - probably should adjust that to the same numbers. Is the Tweakpack supposed to go through the compiled c#ajanj.dlg, c#ajanp.dlg, c#ajan.dlg and replace it?

There are also two script additions to AR0903.bcs: c#ar0903_rom.baf and c#ar0903.baf, with cre spawning in them.

The good news is that it should be pretty easy to adjust via d code. Something like

REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT_REGEXP ~c#ajan[jp]?~ ~EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",1730,\([0-9]+\),0)~ ~EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",638,\1,0)~

should work. There's no dialogue equivalent to REPLACE_EVALUATE so these have to be done case-by-case, which sucks immensely. The x coordinates for the flipped map are just (2368 - current x) and the orientations are (16 - current orientation).

If it's not setting lhouse_idx, it means it can't find the Lighthouse area (ar9500) in the main worldmap, or the GAME_IS BGT isn't returning true for some reason. It installed fine on my local BGT copy.

Do you have anything else installed that may affect the worldmap?

And yeah, this is sorted. As long as BG2 Tweaks (next vesion!) goes after RE and Ajantis, they'll be fine. You'll want to include compat code in RE and Ajantis anyway, but the good news is that it's pretty easy. For RE:

// RE compat code for flipped NORH
ACTION_IF ((MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ ~3220~) OR
	   (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~oh6000.are~)) THEN BEGIN

OUTER_SET width = 2368

COPY_EXISTING ~arre07.are~ ~override~
READ_LONG  0xac anim_num
READ_LONG  0xb0 anim_off
FOR (index = 0 ; index < anim_num ; ++index) BEGIN
  WRITE_SHORT (anim_off + 0x20 + (index * 0x4c)) (width - THIS) // location
END

COPY_EXISTING ~c#bjcut1.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
  REPLACE_EVALUATE ~\[\([0-9]+\)\.\([0-9]+\)\]~
	BEGIN SET "RESULT" = (width - %MATCH1%) END
	~[%RESULT%.%MATCH2%]~
  REPLACE_EVALUATE ~Color(\[\([0-9]+\)\.\([0-9]+\)\]~ // don't mess up area fades
	BEGIN SET "RESULT" = (width - %MATCH1%) END
	~Color([%RESULT%.%MATCH2%]~
END

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0903.bcs~ ~override~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreature("C#BJORNI",\[1246\.1566\],8)~ ~CreateCreature("C#BJORNI",[1122.1566],8)~
END

END

And for Ajantis:

// ajantis compat code for flipped NORH
ACTION_IF ((MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ ~3220~) OR
	   (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~oh6000.are~)) THEN BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0903.bcs~ ~override~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG05",\[820\.1500\],8)~		 ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG05",[1548.1500],8)~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreature("C#Ajan\([01][0-9]\)",[1730.400],0)~ ~CreateCreature("C#Ajan\1",[638.400],8)~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG07",\[500\.410\],8)~		  ~CreateCreature("C#KNIG07",[1868.410],8)~
END

<<<<<<<< .../ajantis/inlined/dammit_cam.d
 REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT_REGEXP ~c#ajan[jp]?~ ~EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",1730,\([0-9]+\),0)~ ~EscapeAreaMove("AR0903",638,\1,0)~
 >>>>>>>>
 COMPILE ~.../ajantis/inlined/dammit_cam.d~

END

This will be integrated where and when, and how would I detect it? Because I would have to change Ajantis' coordinates, too, or he will wait in the prelate's office instead of the quarters. :)

Unless you plan on your Ajantis mod to be installed after the Tweakpack, it would have have to be the Tweakpack that detects your Ajantis mod.

There are... other reasons... why you might want to prep these mods for a flipped NORH.

Edited by CamDawg
updated with Wisp's comments
There are... other reasons... why you might want to prep these mods for a flipped NORH.
What are you referring to?

So with the above code the Tweakpack changes Ajantis' and Bjornin's cooridnates accordingly?

How would I prevent the mixup in case the Tweakpack is installed before Ajantis? Would I need some code that changes the .d and .baf before they get installed?

For RE:

I don't know if it's a problem, but you are not setting the width variable here. (Maybe it's set outside the ACTION_IF, but that seems fragile.)

And for Ajantis:

You really ought to call the inlined file something more inline-y, say ".../ajantis/inlined/dammit_cam.d". Collisions are perhaps not very likely, but it'd be no fun if it were to happen.

Edited by Wisp

If it's not setting lhouse_idx, it means it can't find the Lighthouse area (ar9500) in the main worldmap, or the GAME_IS BGT isn't returning true for some reason. It installed fine on my local BGT copy.

Do you have anything else installed that may affect the worldmap?

You're right, seems to be a problem with my install order. I hadn't noticed it before because I hadn't started a new game yet and all my saves have correct world maps. Going to retry from scratch, but might take a while, the BG graphics update, SCS and SCSII take forever to install. :-/

What are you referring to?

So with the above code the Tweakpack changes Ajantis' and Bjornin's cooridnates accordingly?

How would I prevent the mixup in case the Tweakpack is installed before Ajantis? Would I need some code that changes the .d and .baf before they get installed?

If Tweaks installs first, Ajantis detects it (with the now-fixed code above) and adjusts the dialogue and scripts accordingly, but installs normally otherwise. If Ajantis is installed first it installs normally and then Tweaks adjusts it as needed. This should cover all bases.

For RE:

I don't know if it's a problem, but you are not setting the width variable here. (Maybe it's set outside the ACTION_IF, but that seems fragile.)

And for Ajantis:

You really ought to call the inlined file something more inline-y, say ".../ajantis/inlined/dammit_cam.d". Collisions are perhaps not very likely, but it'd be no fun if it were to happen.

This is what I get for throwing together some code w/o testing. Amended accordingly--thanks.

I didn't know WeiDU preserved inlined files between mod/components.

I didn't know WeiDU preserved inlined files between mod/components.

They are in stack operations. Maybe inlined files should be uniquely named like how you shouldn't use STRING_SET, but they do share a namespace with "real" files, so it's a good habit to differentiate the two by the file names.

Ah, the code was for Ajantis and RE. That's cool of course.

But a stupid question: I thought the game bcs and dialogue files do not get changed until the mod is fully installed? If I put the above code at the end of the ajantis-tp2, would it work as intended (I assume it does, but I don't understand why)?

But a stupid question: I thought the game bcs and dialogue files do not get changed until the mod is fully installed? If I put the above code at the end of the ajantis-tp2, would it work as intended (I assume it does, but I don't understand why)?

WeiDU changes most files as it goes along. It's just changes to the TLKs, and perhaps the key file, that get queued up and written all-at-once at the end. Putting Cam's code at the end of the relevant component in your mod will work.

I'm getting an assertion on entering the MNOoTRH (gah!) on v12.

[Tue 23 Jul 2013 18:59:11] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9997ED File: ChDimm.cpp Line: 7641 Expression: pBiffHeader->dwFileType != mmioFOURCC('B', 'I', 'F', 'C') Message: c:\games\bg2\data\DATA\AREA090A.BIF: attempted to use compressed BIF from CD, check free hard drive space

(I don't have the Ajantis mod installed, but a few other mods, among them SCS1/SCS2 v21 which include TobEx.)

Any idea if this is something that could conceivably be solved by Tweakpack v13?

Let me just add that it's not really a big deal -- although I'm no-reloading it's not a paladin, so it's just about getting a little extra XP for the "fallen paladins" quest.

Edited by AnonymousHero