Jump to content


Photo

NPC Project and BG:EE not working


6 replies to this topic

#1 RandallGood

RandallGood
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Everything I've read so far seems to indicate that the NPC Project is compatible with the latest Beamdog update however when I install the mod to the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder, I can't get Buldur's Gate to actually run after installing the mod.  Am I installing it to the right location?  Thanks!



#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6822 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

If you have SoD from GOG or Steam, you need to run modmerge before installing any mods.

If this isn't your problem, we would need some more infos: Which version of the mod did you install, any other mods, which BG:EE version?

 

Moved this into BG1NPC forum.



#3 RandallGood

RandallGood
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

It seemed modmerge was what I was missing.  Thank you!



#4 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6822 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Glad to hear!
If you have an idea where we could put this info so players get it in time and do not have to go through the frustrating debugging cycle let us know.

#5 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3694 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hungary

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

1. Can't you detect if it is an EE needing modmerge? (Zip file exists, but unzipped content isn't).

2. Optimally, do modmerge yourself. (this might be difficult, i guess).



#6 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6822 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

I posted my question before CamDawg posted a detection that can be included into mods.

Although if the latest "bug" report that turned out to be a missing modmerge run came form the newest bg1re v2.2, then the check didn't really work as intended (or I included it wrong, which is more likely). I'm still waiting for confirmation of the mod version.



#7 argent77

argent77
  • Modders
  • 681 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

Although if the latest "bug" report that turned out to be a missing modmerge run came form the newest bg1re v2.2, then the check didn't really work as intended (or I included it wrong, which is more likely). I'm still waiting for confirmation of the mod version.

 

Looks like WeiDU is to blame in this instance. WeiDU's FILE_EXISTS doesn't appear to detect files of size >= 1 GB. At least on Windows, macOS/Linux might be different. Size of SoD DLC is about 2 GB.

 

Edit: This WeiDU bug appears to be a Windows-specific issue.


Edited by argent77, 17 August 2017 - 12:40 AM.




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users