A few bugs in IWD with Fixpack v6

ETPC

Hey there everyone!

I've recently begun my journey into the Infinity Engine games and started with Icewind Dale. I've had a great time but I've hit a few bugs along the way.

The first is with Bandoth. I can't get his sidequest with the Razorvine Extract to start, even though I have that item with me. Is it because I already found the puzzle door in Dorn's Deep? Do I just miss out on the xp?

The second is in Trials of the Luremaster. I can't get the switch to open the stairs down to in the northwestern tower (the one with Harald). I've solved the three other trials but I can't get this one to work right and it might be a showstopper, I don't know. Can I keep playing TotL without the fourth trial being finished?

Thanks for your time!

With questions such as yours, it's always helpful to post the contents of your WeiDU.log file or state you've no mods installed.

My first question is: Did you install the IWD Fixpack? The Bandoth issue is a known problem if you have the razorvine extract in your inventory when you talk to him the first time. It is addressed in the Fixpack.

My second question is: Did you throw the switch in the southeast tower? The tower doors and switches are paired SE/NW and NE/SW. The switch in the one tower opens the door in the other tower, and vice versa. It's possible you missed it. If the door still won't open, you'll have to cheat your way into the chamber to get the fourth scroll (and yes, you need all four to be able to finish the trial).

Ah, sorry! I'm totally new to IE modding, I didn't know the procedure.

Here is what my WeiDU.log file says:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // DDrawFix -> Use WineD3D's DDraw Library: v1.0
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.07
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v6
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v6
And yes, I do have the IWD Fixpack installed, I mentioned it in the topic title. And I'll go check to see if I have the right switch thrown then, I had no idea it worked that way :(
Edit: YUP THAT WAS TOTALLY IT. I'm a donk. Thanks though!

...And yes, I do have the IWD Fixpack installed, I mentioned it in the topic title. ...

...I'm a donk. ...

So am I since I completely blew off the topic title, and realized it only after checking this thread the next morning.

As for the reason for the posting of the WeiDU.log contents, sometimes some mods and mod components don't mix well with others. Not that there's that much modding for IWD. Just to give you an idea what some larger logs can contain, here's mine (playing Insane Heart of Fury mode for the first time, just finished TotLM and heading for the finish of HoW):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Assorted Fixes: v6
~IWDFIXPACK/SETUP-IWDFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Game Text Update: v6
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // The High Baptist's Flock: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v7
~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Restored Random Drops: v7
~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v5
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Restore IWD Loading Screens: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Icon Improvements: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // Add Bags of Holding: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Universal Clubs: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Remove Experience Cap: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2061 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer): v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2121 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2131 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2141 // Alter Priest Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Druids Use 3e Alignment Restrictions (NG, LN, TN, CN, NE): v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Loosen Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dualclass Clerics and Druids: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg): v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus): v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3130 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v15
~G3DALETWEAKS/SETUP-G3DALETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3142 // Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange With Merchants: v15
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC, v3
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate class for Korin - multiclass cleric/ranger
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // Alternate class for Nella -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // Alternate class for Teri -> Teri, multiclass thief/mage
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #10 // Female Barbarian Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Bard Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #30 // Female Drow Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #40 // Female Half Orc Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #50 // Female Monk Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #60 // Female Sorcerer Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #70 // Male Barbarian Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #80 // Male Bard Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #90 // Male Drow Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #100 // Male Half Orc Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #110 // Male Monk Soundset: v1
~IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1/SETUP-IWD2_SOUNDS_FOR_IWD1.TP2~ #0 #120 // Male Sorcerer Soundset: v1

As for the razorvine quest, when he asks you to find it you should have an option to tell him you have it with you, thus fulfilling the quest. As far as I know is shouldn't be tied to anything else, but maybe I'll look at the dialog file just to make sure...

I've check the Bandoth dialog. On your first visit, did you ask about the area, what's down beneath, and how to get down there? He'll then require a service from you - the razorvine extract. It appears no other dialog option will trigger this, and there are no checks to cancel this quest.

Archived