Auren does not want to talk to Nalia

Shaykaban

Hello friends of Faerûn,

I am a new member in these halls of wisdom. Please excuse my bad English, I try my very best to make it understandable. :D

My problem is:

I have started a multiplayer session in BG2.

In my party I have:

Charname, female, ranger.

Player 2, male, cleric.

Kelsey, sorcerer, for romancing Charname.

Amber, fighter --> thief, for romancing Player 2

Nalia, thief --> mage.

Auren Aseph, fighter.

I hoped to play the two romances at the same time, and this seems to work. Also I wanted to see the "romance" between Nalia and Auren, but there are no conversations between them at all. :)

In the coppers coronet, where I took Auren first, she said something about Nalia before she came and wanted help for the De'Arnise stronghold, but after that there was nothing more.

I have played the slave-quest in the slums, and the De'Arnise stronghold is completely troll-free right now. Do I have to wait longer, or is it possible that in multiplayer games, the conversations between Auren und Nalia do not trigger? ;)

Perhaps it is a problem that I have installed the Nalia romance? But it is not active, as Charname is a female character...

Is there anything I can do about that, so that I can enjoy all three romances in this game? :grin:

Best wishes,

Shaykaban

I have no idea if the Nalia romance has anything that would disable the Auren Nalia track, but make sure that the Nalia quest is complete.

Is Auren making conversation with the PC?

Hey. Thanks for your help! :)

The Nalia quest is complete after regaining control over the stronghold, or am I wrong? I am the new Lord of the De Arsine stronghold and I got the reward. Is there any more to do?

Yes, Auren was making conversation with the PC, I think once. Sorry, I do not remember the topic. Are there any variables that I can check or change so that the story with Nalia and Auren will work?

Greetings,

Shaykaban

Nalia and Auren's timer is based off game days, so you have to travel or rest or let game time pass for the talks to trigger.

Okay. Thank you!

Is there any possibility to speed things up, so that I can clearly see that it works with my savegame?

Can I use some variables or some console command to force the next banter between Auren and Nalia? I just want to be sure that everything works fine before I play on and on, and nothing happens... :)

Greetings,

Shaykaban

You cheater!! :love:;)

"K#BanterO" is the global I use for the Nalia talks.

Yeah! :D I'm a cheater, but just for testing. :grin:

I'm sorry to tell you that nothing happens if I enter what you have given me. Is it possible that the talks have to be enabled with another variable?

Is there any talk between Auren and Nalia before Nalias Story with the Roenals is over?

I just don't know what to do anymore... I play with the thought to replace them both by someone else in my party... :)

Greetings,

Shaykaban

To have the Auren Nalia track you must:

Complete the Nalia quest

Make sure that K#BanterO is set to 1

Have the latest version of Auren

The only other thing I can think of is that you have messed with some globals on your own or game time. If that is the case, unless you provide me with more information I can't help you.

If you want to replace Auren, by all means do, and hopefully things will work out for you.

To have the Auren Nalia track you must:

Complete the Nalia quest

Make sure that K#BanterO is set to 1

Have the latest version of Auren

The only other thing I can think of is that you have messed with some globals on your own or game time. If that is the case, unless you provide me with more information I can't help you.

If you want to replace Auren, by all means do, and hopefully things will work out for you.

First of all, thanks for your help Theacefes! :)

I know that my English is bad and I really hope that you don't think that I am angry with you or with the mod. I like Auren and I really want to play her. So please don't get me wrong, okay? :grin:

Please let us try to find a solution.

1st. When is Nalias quest completed? Is it after freeing the De Arnise stronghold, or is it after going to the graveyard district? Perhaps I am just too fast in my wishes...

2nd. I don't have the "K#BanterO" in my savegame. All I have is "K#Friendship" and it is set to 1.

3rd. I have version 6.2 installed. I guess this is the newest version?

4th. If you need further information, please ask me about it. I don't have so much experience and I don't know what you need.

I have now 8 days of game time. As I said, perhaps I am just too fast!?

Greetings,

Shaykaban

Nalia's quest is done when you complete the stronghold and if you are a fighter, you go through the whole cutscene where the keep is cleaned up and the major domo gives you the rundown on how to handle the keep. If you are not a fighter, I believe you just leave the keep.

Try this:

Open your console

SetGlobal("NaliaKeepPlot","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("K#BanterO","GLOBAL", 2)

And I'm not angry, but I don't want you to have to waste time you could use playing the game and enjoying it. :)

Nalia's quest is done when you complete the stronghold and if you are a fighter, you go through the whole cutscene where the keep is cleaned up and the major domo gives you the rundown on how to handle the keep. If you are not a fighter, I believe you just leave the keep.

Try this:

Open your console

SetGlobal("NaliaKeepPlot","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("K#BanterO","GLOBAL", 2)

And I'm not angry, but I don't want you to have to waste time you could use playing the game and enjoying it. :)

Yes, I am a fighter, and the keep plot is finished (NaliaKeepPlot was already set to 1).

I have set K#BanterO, but nothing happens. Is there a timer or something? What should happen?

Greetings

Shaykaban

There is a timer, but it should start when the banter variable is set.

Other than telling you to start a new game, or send me your save game, I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Okay... I think I will just start a new game. This seems to be better...

Anyway, thank you for your help! :)

Greetings,

Shaykaban

Damn it!!!

Today, I have found out why Auren never bantered with Charname or Nalia!

I don't know how this could happen, but after taking Auren into the group, there was no override script placed for her!!

I found that out today, because I got the same problems in another game with Kim NPC and Neh'taniel NPC. Just the same... no override script!

I can't believe it. :blush::D:devil:

After I used NearInfinity to set the K#Auren.bcs at the right place, everything worked fine, and just after reloading she spoke to Charname and, after that, to Nalia!

Everything works now.

Perhaps this should be reconsidered if anyone out there has the same problem with some NPC in the future!

Archived