I'm playing with this tool to learn how to better operate it and just have a quick silly question. I have an install I'm working on right now and as I'm going through I'm researching the mods and stuff as I go along. I have been working on it over the last two weeks when I get time off work so I save the selections where I'm at and close the tool, I then restart the tool when I come back to it, using the "update" option. Two things actually:

#1 where is the file that stores the "saved" info for Mod choices? I assume it's kind of like a compilation that just hasn't been done yet, but other than re-loading it through the tool I'm working in is there an actual file with the info somewhere? Something I could try to view and maybe replicate in a different instance of the tool I run as an experiment.

Since I'm still only reviewing Mod choices in the above scenario do I need to run the "update" version? I haven't started installing anything. Thanks for any insights you can provide.

I'm playing with this tool to learn how to better operate it and just have a quick silly question. I have an install I'm working on right now and as I'm going through I'm researching the mods and stuff as I go along. I have been working on it over the last two weeks when I get time off work so I save the selections where I'm at and close the tool, I then restart the tool when I come back to it, using the "update" option. Two things actually:

#1 where is the file that stores the "saved" info for Mod choices? I assume it's kind of like a compilation that just hasn't been done yet, but other than re-loading it through the tool I'm working in is there an actual file with the info somewhere? Something I could try to view and maybe replicate in a different instance of the tool I run as an experiment.

Since I'm still only reviewing Mod choices in the above scenario do I need to run the "update" version? I haven't started installing anything. Thanks for any insights you can provide.

I understand that you simply use the functions under *options* in the selection tree menu, the ones called "save selection" and "reload selection"?

The data is stored in a file *user.ini* which you find in the BWS-EE/App/Config/ folder.

For your purpose I suggest not to use this, because it is overwritten each time you start a new session like you describe.

It may be better to use another option from the same pull-down menu called *Export selection to file* which opens a file manager menu that allows you to name that version how you like it and store it for your further use. You can make snapshots of your selections this way and reload a former one if you were unhappy with what you did. You can create a number of ini files this way for later reuse.

Using this method, you are already halfway to creating a Collection. Once you finished your experiments and solved all issues it may have, the final result will be your first Collection. You can always reload it or even share with others.

The default user.ini that you currently use is not what I would recommend because it is too easily overwritten by events you may not have intended and then all you work will be lost. Better to use the kind of snapshot ini-files I have described. You can just give them a date or version number for easy recognition.

I understand that you simply use the functions under *options* in the selection tree menu, the ones called "save selection" and "reload selection"?

The data is stored in a file *user.ini* which you find in the BWS-EE/App/Config/ folder.

For your purpose I suggest not to use this, because it is overwritten each time you start a new session like you describe.

It may be better to use another option from the same pull-down menu called *Export selection to file* which opens a file manager menu that allows you to name that version how you like it and store it for your further use. You can make snapshots of your selections this way and reload a former one if you were unhappy with what you did. You can create a number of ini files this way for later reuse.

Using this method, you are already halfway to creating a Collection. Once you finished your experiments and solved all issues it may have, the final result will be your first Collection. You can always reload it or even share with others.

The default user.ini that you currently use is not what I would recommend because it is too easily overwritten by events you may not have intended and then all you work will be lost. Better to use the kind of snapshot ini-files I have described. You can just give them a date or version number for easy recognition.

That was the exact info I was looking to learn and/or confirm. Thanks so much, I greatly appreciate it.

https://github.com/BWS-EESetup/BWS-EE/commit/873e2a857b1b8a093fe13f86df148fc10ca7ae82

Roxanne: Changing the support link of the EE(T) Setup Tool to your site, why? What use does it have, are you trying to take it away from the community and pretending it's yours just because you are supporting it currently? Don't tell me support from there is easier to handle for you in any way than it is from here.

Please restore / add the link to this thread. I guess it's a lot more useful to guide people here to an active IE modding forum where they can post questions and problems.

I can't open your site, btw, because I get a warning that it's not secure.

The SSL cert is for 000webhostapp.com but that isn't the domain. That is likely the webhost, but the site needs a new SSL cert for the actual domain. So long as you're not inputting passwords or sensitive data on the site, it should be fine.

The HTTP version of the site loads with no warning.

http://baldursextendedworld.com/Install-Tool/

Unrelated, but there is a new version of the 2.5 beta patch for BG2EE that adds the Priest of Tempus kit for players. I believe there are some mods that do the same, which may not work or may be redundant with 2.5.

Unrelated, but there is a new version of the 2.5 beta patch for BG2EE that adds the Priest of Tempus kit for players. I believe there are some mods that do the same, which may not work or may be redundant with 2.5.

Thy do work, as long as the added kit.ids files extension is not the exact same. Just like with a regular kits.

https://github.com/BWS-EESetup/BWS-EE/commit/873e2a857b1b8a093fe13f86df148fc10ca7ae82

Roxanne: Changing the support link of the EE(T) Setup Tool to your site, why? What use does it have, are you trying to take it away from the community and pretending it's yours just because you are supporting it currently? Don't tell me support from there is easier to handle for you in any way than it is from here.

Please restore / add the link to this thread. I guess it's a lot more useful to guide people here to an active IE modding forum where they can post questions and problems.

There seems again to be some misunderstanding.

BWS is the community tool you talk about, and nothing has changed there except for Alien's recent renovation and moving it to github in hope to find new maintainers for it this way.

BWS-EE has been thoughtfully separated from it in order to allow more freedom and a possible development that cannot be done on the main branch. A number of functions and concepts have already been changed compared to BWS. You can translate EE either as "Enhanced Edition" or "Evolutionary Experimentation" (as in evolutionary prototyping, where you develop something, then present it to the user, then try to refine it based on feedback, etc.).

BWS was one step away from the grave until you took initiative. BWS-EE may or may not be another survival option. Since it his experimental, it may a well fail, no guarantee. This is why I followed Alien (Alienquake)'s advice the take it on a different fork and also to try and avoid any confusion between BWS and the (possible) alternative.

It is clearly wrong to accuse me of taking anything away from the community. I left BWS in the last working and functioning state it had - any subsequent changes were done by Alien and you. I started my experiments and new ideas about how the tool may work for EE/EET clearly separated from the main branch. There is no rippling back or influence from the new back to the old. BWS is safe from any negative effects in case I produce those. Anything should be done to avoid any confusion for users about the two different approaches to a tool even if they come from a common source.

We have avoided anything that would re-route BWS users to the BWS-EE, not even a link or similar was provided. There is no intention to compete or replace or whatever. All of my posts tried to make clear that it is the attempt to make primarily EET installs easier for the users.

The community BWS is here http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/ just in case anyone doubts that.

There seems again to be some misunderstanding.

BWS is the community tool you talk about, and nothing has changed there except for Alien's recent renovation and moving it to github in hope to find new maintainers for it this way.

BWS-EE has been thoughtfully separated from it in order to allow more freedom and a possible development that cannot be done on the main branch. A number of functions and concepts have already been changed compared to BWS. You can translate EE either as "Enhanced Edition" or "Evolutionary Experimentation" (as in evolutionary prototyping, where you develop something, then present it to the user, then try to refine it based on feedback, etc.).

BWS was one step away from the grave until you took initiative. BWS-EE may or may not be another survival option. Since it his experimental, it may a well fail, no guarantee. This is why I followed Alien (Alienquake)'s advice the take it on a different fork and also to try and avoid any confusion between BWS and the (possible) alternative.

It is clearly wrong to accuse me of taking anything away from the community. I left BWS in the last working and functioning state it had - any subsequent changes were done by Alien and you. I started my experiments and new ideas about how the tool may work for EE/EET clearly separated from the main branch. There is no rippling back or influence from the new back to the old. BWS is safe from any negative effects in case I produce those. Anything should be done to avoid any confusion for users about the two different approaches to a tool even if they come from a common source.

We have avoided anything that would re-route BWS users to the BWS-EE, not even a link or similar was provided. There is no intention to compete or replace or whatever. All of my posts tried to make clear that it is the attempt to make primarily EET installs easier for the users.

The community BWS is here http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/ just in case anyone doubts that.

I was stating that moving the "support" link of the EE Setup Tool to your secluded mod site is of no use and requested that the link(s) given on the GitHub site and probably also inside the tool should link to here i.e. Gibberlings3 or SHS ince it's still a community tool no matter how many forks you make from it.

But not responding to the actual content of the former post but takling about something else which might seem related on first glance and thus trying to draw the discussion into (for you) more favorable direction with attempts to make the former poster look like (s)he said something wrong is a pattern I witnessed with you before so I'm not surprised.

Roxanne: Since you also moved the Textpacks to new locations for the tool please consider this: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59887-concerning-bwp-textpack-english/

Why did you put the Textpacks in new locations?

Also, you need to specify a default choice for the things that need to be chosen in mods in order for a correct installation if the mod is "ticked". This concerns Ajantis where the choices about lovetalk timers, paladin kit, and teen rating needs to be chosen.

Also for bg1re, where the first (0th) component needs to be installed for the others to be installable at all.

Roxanne: Since you also moved the Textpacks to new locations for the tool please consider this: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59887-concerning-bwp-textpack-english/

Why did you put the Textpacks in new locations?

Textpack is here http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/979-big-world-textpack-english/

Nothing has been moved.

BWS-EE does not use this textpack at all because it contains fixes for old mods that are not relevant for EE anymore. The tool uses an own dummy textpack just in case future issues may arise and it may be needed one day. Easier to have this than to re-code some functions to re-install it.

The current official textpack - at least the english version - may cause damage to mods meanwhile updated for EE's.

One advantage of the EE Tool is that it gets independent of resources maintained by others, e.g. Fixpack or Textpack. You cannot change these resources because they are used by other tools like original BWS or BWP but you cannot use them because they are not properly maintained either. A dilemma that exists since a very long time and one of the hindrances I tried to remove. The dependency issues were some of the critical points discussed with Alien and others while building the concept for a new approach.

PS - any problems with official textpack for other tools need to be solved at the source.

If you take a look at the BWS code for BG2EE and EET you will see a large section at the top of InstallOrder.ini that deals with NOT using stuff that comes from the different outdated fix-packs.

Edited by Roxanne

How about making these things transparent, i.e. link in the first post to the adapted fix- and texpacks the tool uses, but also give information here. You changed the Textpack ressource 12 days ago calling the submit "stable link", which is no description of the motives you stated above.

Making your changes more transparent might spare you several further enquiries, at least from me.

How about making these things transparent, i.e. link in the first post to the adapted fix- and texpacks the tool uses, but also give information here. You changed the Textpack ressource 12 days ago calling the submit "stable link", which is no description of the motives you stated above.

Making your changes more transparent might spare you several further enquiries, at least from me.

The first post makes it clear this tool is for EE only and that old things aimed at the old non-EE games have been deprecated to make things easier to maintain. Page 2 of this thread goes into this in more detail.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29337&page=2

This doesn't use the textpack or old fixpack.

Hello ! I'm getting this error since the new update, have you any idea why ?

ERROR: Failure("resource [PRINCESS.ITM] not found for 'COPY'")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Automatically Skipping [EET core - resource importation] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 433658 string entries
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core - resource importation
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 658 of 658-byte file EET/temp/patch/itm/CMSTQ04.ITM
ERROR: [EET/temp/patch/itm/CMSTQ04.ITM] -> [override/CMSTQ04.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("EET/temp/patch/itm/CMSTQ04.ITM: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("resource [PRINCESS.ITM] not found for 'COPY'")
Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.
Without this component the installation cannot be continued.
You can try to
repair the problem and install the component again afterwards. In this case please
select "retry" after the repair.
If you don't want to spend time on that now, you
can also exit the program.
Enter [r]etry or [e]xit.

Ps: I'm using the base settings for testing purpose ;)