Bugs and typos for v3 and above

Guest Guest

Ah! Sounds good then, I think people will appreciate this.

Cool! :D Though even from the description I'm not entirely sure what it does. It looks relatively innocuous though. Does it change the ninja's script?
There's a small fix for Angelo here :p The first attachment in that post (spell_fixes.txt) has details of exactly what got modified and why... please feel free to bash for any wrong changes :)

That change incorporates BG2Fixpack's changes in line 31555-31560 (in the bg2fixpack.tp2) into Angelo :D... Miloch found the original bug in WeiDU-Ascension and I just made a search for the same bug in ALL THE MODS :)

To the player, they might see the creature that uses ADNinja.bcs cast a new spell to prep itself :D (tougher fights ftw!)

Hi, I don't know if this is an Angelo or Xan bug, but they have a looping banter bug. It's the second banter between the two, starting with Angelo saying "Well, what about you?" to Xan. They keep on having this conversation with each other nearly every time I load a game.

Apparently someone "fixed" it for BWP, but I don't use that monstrosity and I didn't see it reported here.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/42220-fixes-for-the-big-fixpack/page__view__findpost__p__525866

cheers

Thanks, I hadn't even remembered about the crossmod banter pack! Now it will be a "race" between me finding time for a manual fix and the next update of the banter pack. But at least there is the possibility. ;-)

Hello. I have run accross a problem in Saradush (for the second time). When i enter the tavern in Saradush and try to talk with Suu, i get the message 'Suu is to busy to talk', (or something like that). I have gone through the game before and Suu has spoken to me about the finger and her diary, but twice now nothing. I have an idea that when i have spoken to her, Angelo has been with me starting in SOA, and the last two times i have picked him up from the Fate Spirit. Is this a real bug or am i supposed to keep Angelo with me to the end of SOA and carry him over to TOB and that way the Suu conversation will happen?

My apologies if i am unclear, i am a reader and not much of a writer.

Check if you have the patch installed: "X is too busy" is a no-patch bug.

I am a little unfamiliar with 'no-patch bug'. What is that exactly? But, to answer your question, i do not believe that i do. Where would i go to find this patch?

I am a little unfamiliar with 'no-patch bug'. What is that exactly? But, to answer your question, i do not believe that i do. Where would i go to find this patch?

It means the "X is too busy" bug happens when the game is not patched. You can get the patch here. Don't install the BETA one, use the "official" one.

PS Am I the only one having trouble with the Downloads section here at G3? ("This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.")

It means the "X is too busy" bug happens when the game is not patched. You can get the patch here. Don't install the BETA one, use the "official" one.

Yes, i already have the official patch for the game. I was a bit confused by the 'no-patch bug'. I hadn't seen it expressed that way. Moving on, i had Angelo in the SOA part, which is how i got the sword, Suu's diary and Sawara's finger. But dropped him somewhere along the line and did not have him in the party when i entered the Pocket Plane. I picked him up from the Fate Spirit and then traveled to Saradush. When i enter the tavern, Suu won't talk with me. I don't get to hear her talk about the Emperor's assassins or the sword nor her failure to become the new master of whatever it was, (i can't remember).

What am i missing?

From what I see, if you got a problem with Suu's dialogue, you should've been getting "Suu has nothing to say to you", not "Suu is busy"(two very different things). Suu talks to you, if the global "Chapter" variable is over 7 - and in ToB, Chapter variable usually is 8 or 9(you can check it via CLUAConsole command and set manually to 8, if you're in Chapter 8 and it is stuck at 7 for some reason).

If you need the finger, you can try to create it via console, item code is "ADFinger". It's not necessary to begin the conversation, however.

From what I see, if you got a problem with Suu's dialogue, you should've been getting "Suu has nothing to say to you", not "Suu is busy"(two very different things). Suu talks to you, if the global "Chapter" variable is over 7 - and in ToB, Chapter variable usually is 8 or 9(you can check it via CLUAConsole command and set manually to 8, if you're in Chapter 8 and it is stuck at 7 for some reason).

If you need the finger, you can try to create it via console, item code is "ADFinger". It's not necessary to begin the conversation, however.

Thank you for your response. You may be right about which problem i am experiencing, 'Suu has nothing to say' as opposed to 'Suu is busy'. I am currently at work and will check out your suggestion regarding the 'Chapter' variable when i return home.

Well, i must admit that when i first read your idea regarding the 'Chapter' variable i was a bit dubious. But i did check the chapter number and it was at 7 and not 8. I changed the chapter to 8 and everything worked as it was supposed to. I am grateful, thank you.

Archived