I can't seem to trigger the lovetalks?

Twani

Angelo rules. :)

Anyway, I have a female protagonist with charisma above 12 who tried flirting with Angelo twice, got told to hang her shift in the closet basically, and then fell in to the pit of nothing. I've ran out of anything to talk to him about in PID's (though I can be bitchy and ask if Tamako is prettier then me, which seems like I'm at stage one of the romance), yet he hasn't initiated a talk with me in... well, forever. At least one in game week, three times of trying to CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(999999) to see if that would trigger it, and without beling CLUAConsole's Valgyar from RE and Haer'Dalis have probably had five or so sort of romantic conversations without Angelo starting his romance. Even Yoshimo and Mazzy from the friendship mod over at SHS have had around three conversations with me while I've been waiting on Angelo.

Is there something I'm missing? A specific requirement for the first lovetalk that somehow I haven't triggered? Or, failing all that, is their a way to trigger the first love talk to start using the CLUAConsole?

Did you talk about Shar-Teel yet? The romance generally starts soon after. Also, you have to flirt with him via PID's *twice*, and then wait. (Flirt with him) line.

If you've done all that, try checking at the console. If it's Global("ADAngelRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1), you're okay. If Global("ADAngelRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3), then you're screwed - set it to 1 manually, if you wish.

I did. What I didn't do, and feel like an idiot for, was rest outside. That started the song and the first lovetalk.

Then it stalled again and I got all worried, but it turned out I just needed to rest in a tavern.

I'm not very good at this resting thing, it seems.

Thank you all the same. :) Still really enjoying Angelo.

Ah, good! Glad you like the mod ^_^

I did. What I didn't do, and feel like an idiot for, was rest outside. That started the song and the first lovetalk.

Then it stalled again and I got all worried, but it turned out I just needed to rest in a tavern.

I'm not very good at this resting thing, it seems.

Thank you all the same. :) Still really enjoying Angelo.

I finished my game, and am very happy with it. Angelo was a fun romance option, and very well written.

I did run in to one small bug- or at least, I think it's a bug. Back in SOA, I bribed Suu with the jewels. I then went and immediately turned the lotus in to the inspector, as I was surrounded by lawful good types and it seemed like the right thing to do. Upon exiting the government district, this triggered a fight with Sawara, his lover, and Suu. I killed all three and went on my merry way, knowing I was missing content but okay with this. However, come TOB, I find Suu hanging out in the tavern. As Angelo has noted before, it's not like people don't get raised all the time in the BGII universe, but my dialog options are all like "Yo! How's it like being a crime lord?" rather then "Hey, you said you would support me then tried to kill me" or even "Oh god, who raised you and are you going to try and kill me again?".

Gimpachi also came to try to kill me, even though I didn't have the katana or anything. Not sure if he was supposed to do that or not- the encounter felt a bit strange, because I had no idea who he was or what he wanted. Then again, people trying to kill the Bhaalspawn at random aren't unusual...

I finished my game, and am very happy with it. Angelo was a fun romance option, and very well written.

Thank you ^_^ Glad to hear it.

I did run in to one small bug- or at least, I think it's a bug. Back in SOA, I bribed Suu with the jewels. I then went and immediately turned the lotus in to the inspector, as I was surrounded by lawful good types and it seemed like the right thing to do. Upon exiting the government district, this triggered a fight with Sawara, his lover, and Suu. I killed all three and went on my merry way, knowing I was missing content but okay with this. However, come TOB, I find Suu hanging out in the tavern. As Angelo has noted before, it's not like people don't get raised all the time in the BGII universe, but my dialog options are all like "Yo! How's it like being a crime lord?" rather then "Hey, you said you would support me then tried to kill me" or even "Oh god, who raised you and are you going to try and kill me again?".

Gimpachi also came to try to kill me, even though I didn't have the katana or anything. Not sure if he was supposed to do that or not- the encounter felt a bit strange, because I had no idea who he was or what he wanted. Then again, people trying to kill the Bhaalspawn at random aren't unusual...

Ah, somehow I'm not surprised...you did two things people rarely seem to do (bribing Suu, and fighting Sawara outside his lair) and may be the first to have noticed this. We'll add it to the bugs list for the next version.

Archived