Moderator action

What a waste of time. (You know, time I could have spent with actually doing modding stuff. The time it took me to phrase this post included. I could have updated three mods for BWS instead, for example. Instead, I used my free time of the morning to whine the frustration off my soul.)

If anything - it was not a waste of time! There are genuine newcomers and "returners", who need advises about mods. And you personally mitigated no small amount of damage to them by your posts presenting alternative opinion, giving fair warnings, and keeping mods in check (compatibility of mods in BWS and within mods itself, like cross-banters between Sandrah and other mod-NPCs). Even advises about modding that you might gave to Roxanne's alts, you actually gave indeed to the beginners - they just did not ask yet, but now can use any fake topic as a true FaQ.

If not for you and others both forums could become a personal site for one modder. Preventing a disaster may be a less productive mod-making-wise time spent, but definitely not a waste!

Miranel: Sorry for my whiny post I didn't mean to turn this thread into a "let's give jastey a pep talk" topic. It worked, though, so thank you! :)

If not for you and others both forums could become a personal site for one modder.

I think this is an exaggeration, but I know what you mean. Still, one of the reasons one modder makes so much impact is that there aren't so much active modders any more (not like Back In The Days).

So, anyone showing as much love for the games as Roxanne does would be a great part of the community.

But, what is done is done and one thing if dealing with other persons outside one's own fanatsy is that usually one has to deal with the consequences.

For example, Roxanne could have been the one at BeamDog forums giving her knowledge about crossmod matters, making selfpromotion about all the content included into Sandrah Saga, honestly intriguing others to try out the mod. Instead, there is a bad taste in the mouth and any accounts will be banned in the future.

And I am truly sorry for constant interjections where nobody is asking my opinion - my patronizing nature got the better of me, as always. But I do honestly hate to see people beating themselves up over the things they actually have to be proud of.

Well, as you said, what's done - is done. We will survive and with isometric games Renaissance might even thrive :)

And I am truly sorry for constant interjections where nobody is asking my opinion - my patronizing nature got the better of me, as always.

I assure you, you are everything else but not patronizing, not from what I've seen.

Also, this is a public forum with a public thread, so any and all comments are welcome and noone should feel like he or she is interjecting. I thank you for your kind words above I really appreciate them.

Honestly it's all good. I have checked in here at G3 many times over the years just as a player, never had any knowledge to Mod and never really played with Mods until I tried Amber a long, long time ago. Way back then I would have sworn G3 would disappear.

These days I have learned alot more about modding and tools and other things, especially from Roxxanne, jatsey, Alien, subtledoctor, and many many more. I have learned to play with both versions of BWS and gained alot of insights of how all the mods fit together. I became fascinated with EET and the large avenues it opened, and I presume I would have felt the same way about BGT or Tutu if I had spent the time back then to research them.

I'm not a special pleader for anyone. I always take the time to thank everyone who helps me on these boards, because their taking time out of their day to help answer a question. I can understand peoples annoyance and anger, but ultimately I'm here to learn and have fun playing a great game in a universe that has been massively developed by an enormous fan base, that keeps it alive 20 years later. The talent, time, energy, and dedication that you ALL have put into this ongoing project is amazing, and I am blessed to have the chance to keep experiencing it, irregardless of the flaws of all the human beings involved. (including me!)

well, coordinated action on three separate forums against one/two/three/whoreallycareshowman user/s/ is really something you and ur moms should be proud of, eh?

Roxanne didn't flame, didn't insulted anyone ever, she actually is not a troll. and even if she was like "stimulating" the discuss by talking to her alts, so what? Forums are almost totally dead, there is hardly any discuss at all and you morans are banning her??!! you should just let her be, just let her have her fun. tenmix pseudo modding shanengians is ok and dandy but roxanne is bad bad, what should we do, bois?? BURN THE WITCH!

clap........clap........clap....

tumblr_ok3aabaMsg1snme67o1_400.gif

well, coordinated action on three separate forums against one/two/three/whoreallycareshowman user/s/ is really something you and ur moms should be proud of, eh?

Multiple forums-wide reaction was perfectly justified by her multiple forums-wide deception. Also, I personally have wasted several evenings to explicitly map her shenanigans and deserved a bit of my own fun as a compensation.

Roxanne didn't flame, didn't insulted anyone ever, she actually is not a troll. and even if she was like "stimulating" the discuss by talking to her alts, so what?

Indeed! But don't forget to also account her for:

- lying to every single member of the community, simple as that;

- intentionally misleading community members to perceive, erroneously, certain mods and modders as being more popular than they really are, this including blatant driving up of her own "helpfulness" meter where such present;

- worse yet, intentionally misleading community members to perceive, erroneously again, certain mods as being questioned by a number of different people and certain modders as being frowned upon by a number of different people;

- finally, and the worst, avoiding the burden of responsibility for her own previous behavior. I'll elaborate: every member has a right to act as he see fit (within basic limits of what is decent of course), and a corresponding responsibility to deal with how other members react to his behavior. So if you want to be an unpleasant person, it is your right, but also it is the right of others to react to you as to an unpleasant person. Avoiding that, lying to others to make them react to your needs or statements in other manner than they would were they justly informed of who is the person they react to is simply stripping others of their basic right in any civil discussion, and that is what Roxanne did with all of us.

you should just let her be, just let her have her fun.

See, I'm all for any kinds of a good fun, but see, she was having her fun at the expense of everyone else around, personally at my cost if that reason is clearer for you, and all that without our knowledge, let alone consent. Still think that's an acceptable kind of fun?

and you morans are banning her??!!

Considering how it was told multiple times across SHS and G3 that she is not banned I have my doubts about who is the "moran" here. Edited by Creepin

Stay civil, everyone.

This was my point, in a very round about way. Thanks jastey. The Moderators at all 3 forums have brought this to light and now the rest of us know what to be aware of and watch for in the event something appears problematic. Lets move on and worry about clearing Durlag's Tower and why my Mod setup doesn't work the way I want it to.

Have a great day