Jump to content


Photo

Mac Specific Installation Issues


34 replies to this topic

#31 I. Rahn Maedin

I. Rahn Maedin
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Location:Central Texas

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

This should definitely not be occurring. Unless WeiDU finds "CDn" somewhere in your ini files, it should report nothing at all (i.e., no more numbers). How did you invoke WeiDU (i.e., were you really using WeiDU v180, or was it some other version)?


Hmmmm. I'm not sure what to tell you. I previously had mac-weidu (v 176 I believe) installed in two places:

root/sw/bin/
root/usr/local/bin/

I removed it from those directories and placed the "weidu" (from the link you provided previously) in those two directories.

How can I get the terminal to tell me exactly which version of weidu I'm using? (sorry I'm pretty CLI-ignorant).

#32 devSin

devSin
  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:24 AM

First, I need to know how you ran the fix pack setup. If you double-clicked the .command file, then you were most likely using the included version. You'll either need to copy v180 to the fix pack folder (rename it to replace the included Setup-* executable), or run it manually.

WeiDU should be reporting the version both at install time, and it should be the first line on the debug log.

#33 I. Rahn Maedin

I. Rahn Maedin
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Location:Central Texas

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

First, I need to know how you ran the fix pack setup. If you double-clicked the .command file, then you were most likely using the included version. You'll either need to copy v180 to the fix pack folder (rename it to replace the included Setup-* executable), or run it manually.

WeiDU should be reporting the version both at install time, and it should be the first line on the debug log.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>


ARGGGG! :thumbsup: I completely forgot replacing the executable in the fixpack. Sorry (feelin' dumb). I did dbl-clk on the .command and it did report v176 in the .debug (should've figured that one out too).

I'll replace the fixpack exedutable then report back to you.



...still, I find it interesting that I didn't get the errors with Alpha v5...

#34 I. Rahn Maedin

I. Rahn Maedin
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Location:Central Texas

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:22 AM

Okay back (already).

First off, that was the quickest install I've ever been able to do with the fixpack - appears some of the install routines have been optimized? Whatever the reason, it's really nice.

Anyway, install went great - NP. Here's the results of the beginning of the .debug:
WeiDU v 180 Log

 ./Setup-bg2fixpack
[On this architecture, WeiDU does not auto-update.
 You must ensure that you have the most recent version.]
[./Chitin.key] loaded, 590565 bytes
[./Chitin.key] 182 BIFFs, 41794 resources
[dialog.tlk] loaded, 8695167 bytes
[dialog.tlk] 74127 string entries
[./Baldur.ini] loaded, 2545 bytes
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD1]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD1]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD2]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD2]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD3]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD3]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD4]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD4]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD5]
Possible HD/CD Path: [CD5]
[./Keymap.ini] loaded, 4641 bytes
[dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
[dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.
[WeiDU.log] parsed
[BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] parsed
Using Language [English]
[English] has 2 top-level TRA files
[bg2fixpack/english/gtu.tra] parsed
[bg2fixpack/english/gtu.tra] has 12629 translation strings
[bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra] parsed
[bg2fixpack/english/setup.tra] has 37 translation strings

Install Component [BG2 Fixpack - Alpha 5]
[Y]es or [N]o or [Q]uit? 
Installing [BG2 Fixpack - Alpha 5]

So, lookin' sweet to me. Let me know where to go from here and I'll look into it (presuming I don't screw up somehow).

#35 devSin

devSin
  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

First off, that was the quickest install I've ever been able to do with the fixpack - appears some of the install routines have been optimized? Whatever the reason, it's really nice.

Yes. Starting with v178, major work was done with the way WeiDU was handling variables. My fixpack, which used to take around 10 minutes, now only takes just over 4 minutes.

So, lookin' sweet to me. Let me know where to go from here and I'll look into it (presuming I don't screw up somehow).

Make sure that AR0512.tis is in your override, delete the files in cache/data, temp, and tempsave, start a new game and try to MoveToArea("AR0512"). Let me know what happens.

Other than that, you can test whatever you wish (I'm fairly confident that most of the installation and setup issues should be resolved by now). Cam's on vacation, though, so expect a lot less traction here until early June.



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users