BG2 Fixpack Testers Needed

CamDawg

There would probably not be much point, since the bugs to be fixed are largely BG2 item/dialogue rather than engine/BG1 related things.

But the goal is to make baldurdash obsolete, isn't it ? Baldurdash is strongly advised for Tutu, so I don't see any harm in using the Fixpack instead. I'm using the Fixpack with Tutu for a few months now without probs.

The goal is for a comprehensive fix, yes, so you could use it. However as stated since most bugfixes are content rather than engine it won't necessarily fix Tutu bugs too.

And yes, neither does Baldurdash.

The goal is for a comprehensive fix, yes, so you could use it. However as stated since most bugfixes are content rather than engine it won't necessarily fix Tutu bugs too.

And yes, neither does Baldurdash.

These are the fixes from the Fixed Bugs section that might apply to Tutu too:

Skalds not receiving their +1 damage/THAC0 bonuses

All battle music did not loop properly; ended and looped to "intro" sequence instead of set looping point

Three battle musics did not go to proper "end sequence" due to invalid tags

The Greenstone Amulet's beneficial protections did not the bypass Magic Resistance of the character using it, so could fail

The Greenstone Amulet also did not suppress portrait icons, animation and battletext reponses for any of the effects it protected against

Free Action spell was broken in the same ways as the Potion Of Freedom: Free Action effect expired immediately, extraneously protected against Charm, and did not prevent Haste spells from affecting the character

Normal darts were giving a STR bonus when thrown and doing slashing instead of missile/piercing damage

Nothing major, maybe, but those things fixed is still nice :)

These are the fixes from the Fixed Bugs section that might apply to Tutu too:

Skalds not receiving their +1 damage/THAC0 bonuses

I believe Andyr has fixed this bug in his Song&Silence mod...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about a specific bug or not, but anyway, in some of the random encounters with those generic groups that ambush you in the city, the male mage has the female sound set, and if its the group with the female mage, she has the male one. Do you already have this? I know it wasnt covered in Baldurdash.

Though we all know you guys are hyperbusy and I like to respect your work by never bugging you about release dates and such, I wonder if it could be possible only from time to time,to update with just a couple of words how your project is doing. I speak for myself but perhaps many others share the same when I say that this would make me really, really happy...Thanks! :p

Fixpack progress has been a bit slow of late--most of the folks involved have additional projects that we're working on, so progress can vary from frenetic to slow. I'm currently working on a new Cleric Remix and Tweaks before returning back to the Fixpack full time.

And sorry Tom, I missed your question. Casting soundsets are fixed already (they were part of a massive gender/sex fix; you'd be surprised how many creatures have incorrect basic characteristics), though we've ran into an issue of fixing casting sounds for summoned creatures that we're trying to resolve.

Archived