Photo

Is there a problem with snow? (Area weather)

4 replies to this topic

#1 IDontKnow

IDontKnow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:19 AM

Out of curiosity I added snow to a BG2 area. I used DLTCEP to change the area's weather to 100 Snow, started a new game and used the console to move to the area... It was raining. About 10 minutes of fiddling with the editor achieved nothing so I deleted the area from Override. I used the area's script to set the weather to Snow, which actually did work. The trouble with that is that it seems temporary as after resting the snow stops.

Anyway, does anyone know if there a problem with snow in general or could it be the way DLTCEP saves an area's weather settings? I checked to be sure I set Snow to 100 several times.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6787 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

How long did you set the effect to last ? And how often.
As in, it might have just been removed after the first go around, if you just set it with a help of a global you check.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3139 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

He set it in the area file. I don't think bg2 supports snow though.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Play android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#4 IDontKnow

IDontKnow
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

I set it in the area file first, which caused Rain rather than Snow.

For the second attempt I added;

IF
  OnCreation()
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    Weather(SNOW)
END

to the area's script. That way DOES result in snow, but I don't know how to set a duration on it. The snow stops as soon as I rest, I haven't checked how long the snow will last if I leave the game unpaused and just let it run.

I'm not sure how to set a duration using that Action. If anyone knows how please post an example.

#5 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

He set it in the area file. I don't think bg2 supports snow though.

Don't know where to find it, but I am pretty sure there has been a lot of literature posted on that subject and that snow settings don't work in BG2 classic.

CARPE DIEM...

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users